Any updates planned or on the horizon ?

Phantom_Mark

Really enjoying the PG map, just wondered if any updates were planned for this map anytime in the near future, been spending a lot of time looking into the region on google earth and found a ton of interesting stuff I am hopefully will find its way into the PG map one day, just for example the Airbases in Kuwait......basing yourself out of there would be pretty cool.

• Like 1

They probably won’t expand it. It is the testbed for new lighting

Just to clarify, not asking if they will "expand" it, just fill in the areas of blank in the map that is already there :) There is many significant areas of Iran still completely missing so would be quite disappointed if we don't see some decent updates in the future ?

Just to clarify, not asking if they will "expand" it, just fill in the areas of blank in the map that is already there :)

Pretty sure they've said that this map is now completed and won't receive any new content anytime soon.

Can't find the proof, sorry, but it was around the time of the last major update with a bunch of new landmarks and stuff.

Dima | My DCS uploads

Just to clarify, not asking if they will "expand" it, just fill in the areas of blank in the map that is already there :) There is many significant areas of Iran still completely missing so would be quite disappointed if we don't see some decent updates in the future ?

Yes, we will likely not see the detailed area expanded

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

We could argue until the cows come home (well maybe not cows because we still don't have those yet Wags?) , but it won't achieve anything :)

If ED are no longer prepared to add anything to this map how about opening it up to modders to flesh out the map properly, I am sure ED could find a way to do that with a few trusted members and still have it co-exist with the Ed mantra, whilst giving a more complete and fulfilling product to the customer ?

• Like 1

We could argue until the cows come home (well maybe not cows because we still don't have those yet Wags?) , but it won't achieve anything :)

If ED are no longer prepared to add anything to this map how about opening it up to modders to flesh out the map properly, I am sure ED could find a way to do that with a few trusted members and still have it co-exist with the Ed mantra, whilst giving a more complete and fulfilling product to the customer ?

ED will give you the development tools to produce terrains/maps for them if you apply and can prove your worth. I believe this has been mentioned previously a few times. :)

I.e. Ugra

ED will give you the development tools to produce terrains/maps for them if you apply and can prove your worth. I believe this has been mentioned previously a few times. :)

I.e. Ugra

I would be happy to contribute, but that wasn't really my point, plenty of modders in these forums who are 100x more skilled than me and would likely also gladly contribute if ED could make an easy path forward, it could actually be a solution which suited all tbh, players get what they would like, and ED sells a more complete PG module to players.

Pretty sure they've said that this map is now completed and won't receive any new content anytime soon.

Can't find the proof, sorry, but it was around the time of the last major update with a bunch of new landmarks and stuff.

Here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3880187&postcount=191

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Imagine if ED let the community build assets and mod the maps for their maps, I reckon the talented folk would bang out some awesome additions within a few weeks.

Certainly PG map could be fleshed out some more and also some more unique buildings added for the cities. Even the cities in Caucasus map could use some unique buildings which would help with navigation and pointing out enemy ground units from the sky.

Imagine if ED let the community build assets and mod the maps for their maps, I reckon the talented folk would bang out some awesome additions within a few weeks.

Certainly PG map could be fleshed out some more and also some more unique buildings added for the cities. Even the cities in Caucasus map could use some unique buildings which would help with navigation and pointing out enemy ground units from the sky.

The trouble would be that ED have to double check and cross reference everything for inaccuracies sake and this would detract greatly from their current workload and focus, i guess.

Plus, there would be the worry of what all the UN-talented people would throw in there too :doh:

But yeah, apply and see what they come back with, let me know what they say :thumbup:

The trouble would be that ED have to double check and cross reference everything for inaccuracies sake and this would detract greatly from their current workload and focus, i guess.

Plus, there would be the worry of what all the UN-talented people would throw in there too :doh:

But yeah, apply and see what they come back with, let me know what they say :thumbup:

Ah yes that's true, but having someone cross reference and make sure the asset is true to life would be quicker than having to design it themselves.

I know it's a totally different product but there is a city builder called CitiesSkylines, the community makes an enormous amount of assets to add on most of which better than the vanilla game. I bet there is some very talented people who love DCS who could really help.

Certainly I'd love if a bunch of people came together and created some more buildings for Dubai in the PG map. I know the city fairly well and it bugs me how indistinguishable a lot of the buildings are but perhaps if I didn't know the place IRL then it wouldn't be an issue.

• 2 months later...

+1

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I don't understand ED. Why PG is done ? It's not possible !

Yes Map is perfect in South Est but we have got nothing to Noth West.

Nothing to Irak, Koweit, Saudi Arabia, Qatar ... Empty ... no autogen ... 

We have got F14 and soon Mirage F1, we can play to Iran-Iraq war in 1988 attack on boat, fight between F14/F1 .... We need to Bassora airport, Ispahan city (Iran) ...

You can read the book "Iraqi Mirages In Combat: The story of the F11EQ in Iraq".

Grim Reapers :

Please add life to North West !

Thank a lots 😉

Edited by RedFang

The "persian gulf" map was initialy planned as "Strait of Hormuz", only with the zone of UAE and little south part of Iran arround Bandar-Abbas, centred on the 2011-12 Hormuz dispute. That was extanded a little to the north before release the map, and after, was expanded to the south central iran. ED was none plans to build Saudy Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, south Irak or North Iran, and have very clear on last years, has none plans to build more expansions of that maps. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, RedFang said:

It's so sad, build a big and interesting map and using it at only 30% ! 70% useless😢

Fortunately, Ugra Media (Syria) increases the level Map in DCS and challenges ED ! 😉😍

Thanks for your last reply.

ED increase Persian Gulf with 2 expansions before final release.... not sure what "challenges" has talking.

In Caucasus or PG we use only 40% because other are empty.

I don't understand this concept. Increase the size of the map just to say we have the bigger one, I think that's fair ... commercial.

Go to Iraq, Koweit or Qatar in PG, better to have nothing than to have this. Like Caucasus and Istanbul ...

Personally, I prefer a small, high-quality map than a very large, very empty one. After each his point of view.

Yes ED is being challenged both on the Map (Ugra Media) but also on the aircraft side (Heatblur, Deka). 😍🥰🤩

Finally, the winners are the customers.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:49 PM, RedFang said:

I don't understand this concept.

It's about the focus. What you see on the F10 map or in the Mission Editor is not the whole area that is modeled. Only part of it is available in high quality. The rest is either low quality or simply flat with the only distinction of land and sea. That is to not have the end of the world at the edges of modeled areas and for the map to look good viewing out of the borders at large distances.

We all want it to be larger but it is what it is. There has to be limit somewhere. If there was a Kuwait people would cry why not Baghdad. I'm sure the future will bring a favourite piece of the world to everyone.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria