Monocle NVGs?

Nealius

I saw a video the other day of monocle NVGs being used in the DCS Viper; I have monocole NVGs in the Warthog and (IIRC) the Hornet, but in the Viper I get full-screen NVG. I can't find any setting to turn that on/off, so how do I get the monocle NVG in the Viper?

I saw a video the other day of monocle NVGs being used in the DCS Viper; I have monocole NVGs in the Warthog and (IIRC) the Hornet, but in the Viper I get full-screen NVG. I can't find any setting to turn that on/off, so how do I get the monocle NVG in the Viper?

To my knowledge, there are no USAF fighters flying with monocle NVGs.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

While the NVG set is a binocular (two tubes) they are aligned to create a single "circle" that you see through. So your instagram link is what it looks like IRL.

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

Isn't there a setting that sets the "Dominant eye" for NVGs?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I pretty sure thats only related to which eye the JHMCS is visible in, IRL its right eye only, but you can set it to both eyes which is more comfortable in VR.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Yeah it's just like normal 'zoom' binoculars. In games they're usually represented as two overlapping circles, but in reality you only see one circle.

Your vision will be very different going from one tube (14s) to two (31's). So the overlapping circles is pretty accurate.

There's a mod out that does a really good job of leaving the gap under the nods so you can rock dual and still look underneath to see gauges and whatnot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

While the NVG set is a binocular (two tubes) they are aligned to create a single "circle" that you see through. So your instagram link is what it looks like IRL.

Not true, that is not how binocular NVG's work, they provide an overall bigger FOV but nothing like a monocle as seen in the video (you can't "align" them to look like that either.....)

In addition, in real life you can't fly with both JHMCS and NVG's, so if ED was to actually do this realistically, they should go the RAZBAM way where you can load NVG's via the Ground Crew menu and it would remove the JHMCS and give you NVG's, preferably the ANVIS-9 Binocular set that is most used in the aviation world (with correct view model).

This is different in the A-10C's Scorpion HMD btw which can be used with NVG's as it is a completely different mounting system. (This is a system we might see coming with ED's A-10C 2)

Edited by FoxOne007

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not true, that is not how binocular NVG's work, they provide an overall bigger FOV but nothing like a monocle as seen in the video (you can't "align" them to look like that either.....)

In addition, in real life you can't fly with both JHMCS and NVG's, so if ED was to actually do this realistically, they should go the RAZBAM way where you can load NVG's via the Ground Crew menu and it would remove the JHMCS and give you NVG's, preferably the ANVIS-9 Binocular set that is most used in the aviation world (with correct view model).

This is different in the A-10C's Scorpion HMD btw which can be used with NVG's as it is a completely different mounting system. (This is a system we might see coming with ED's A-10C 2)

True for the block 50 in 2007 however the RNLAF and probably other countries are flying with the NVCD (Night Vision Cueing Device) where the JHMCS symbology is shown in NVG vision.

Like it or not idc, the current JHMCS we have in DCS and are replicated by ED it should be a choice, either JHMCS on, or have NVG's attached.

I don’t think he’s arguing with you...

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.