G limiter

JRM

Greetings wunduniiks!

I can say that i have mastered all the features of the F14 since I buyed in february but there´s something that keeps killing me and doesnt allow me to enjoy this monster, im talking about extreme g turns that make that this plane goes wreck in a second therefore I was wondering if theres a way to avoid this, a g limiter will be awesome...any mod overthere? any idea to fix this (even if is not realistic)

The F-14 isn't an F-16, be easier on the stick.
This right here. Think of the F-14 as a warbird with 60,000lbs of thrust at full AB. If you throw the stick around, especially at high speeds, you'll break her or she'll break you, or both. It takes finesse to fly her well but once you get that down she'll outfly a Charlie and make a Viper sweat hard.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

If you're asking for a G-limiter mod for the tomcat, can you really say you've mastered it?

The only way around it is to just pull less G

It's like the fire select on early AK-47's. Your trigger finger.

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

It is actually not very hard to learn, it simply requires your focus, like the rest did. Now that you are comfortable with its systems, it is the best time to devote yourself to that.

We made sure that we painstakingly recreated the load-feedback of the real aircraft, the buffeting, the rattling, the shaking etc. If you observe closely, with a focus on that, you will find that it is very easy after a certain time to fly the F14 right at the edge of its envelope without even glancing at the G-meter.

We've worked very long with our SMEs to get this part right, and we also worked together with simshaker, to have it integrated properly. Using a device like simshaker/buttkicker helps incredibly with this, because it gives you the tactile feelback in your butt, that a real pilot has when flying, similar like the saying "you drive your car with your butt".

However, if this is not an option, the visual and audio representation of the aircraft's different energy states is 100% there.

So now you need to get a feel for it. Which means: fly straight, not too fast, say around 300 to 350 knots, and yank the stick full back and full foward. See what that does. (you most likely wont break your wings like that). And then start getting smaller and smaller and smaller in your yank. Be very conscious about what you see in the aircraft's reaction. try to memorize with your muscles what this amount of pull and that amount of pull does.

Next step, sustained turn holding a certain amount of G. Again, start at 350 kts and then pull 2.5G, and hold 2.5G, obeserve what the aircraft does. Once comfy with 2.5, move to 3. Once comfy with 3, move to 3.5, all the way up to say around 9 G.

And then, once you have done this, and really feel comfortable with it, try to hold the same amount of G, without looking at the gauge. Naturally you wil have to glance to verify, but the more you learn, the less you should try to peak.

And finally, once you feel comfy with all that, start doing dogfights, preferably against humans who can fly a target for you, so you can focus on getting your energy load right.

Naturally irl pilots would not go about it like this. They would develope a similar feel for it and do maybe similar things, but not to the excessiveness we can in a sim. thats the beauty of simming: you can push the edge without consequences.

Good luck!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

As IronMike said the audio feedback is excellent.

When she creaks just right you max out the g-meter at 10 without snapping the wings. Of course at very high speed you have to be a little bit careful with the onset. I usually go instantly to 5-7 g and increase a bit more carefully from there.

As IronMike said the audio feedback is excellent.

When she creaks just right you max out the g-meter at 10 without snapping the wings. Of course at very high speed you have to be a little bit careful with the onset. I usually go instantly to 5-7 g and increase a bit more carefully from there.

THIS. 1 squillion percent.