About the AGM-65

Silvern

The hornet isn't 95% done, far from it. And they (the customers that bought it) deserve it to be finished before the Viper. Sad truth.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

If you had to assume how complete viper is in percentages what would you say?

But I can't say it's unplayable either. I am having a blast doing ag missions with viper. Going really fast over enemy and dropping mk 82 airs and taking some screenshot when zsu 23's are firing at you. Or doing old school sam hunting with sa-3's. I know it's far from complete but I am having so much good fun with viper at this stage. Just my few cents here.

But I can't say it's unplayable either. I am having a blast doing ag missions with viper. Going really fast over enemy and dropping mk 82 airs and taking some screenshot when zsu 23's are firing at you. Or doing old school sam hunting with sa-3's. I know it's far from complete but I am having so much good fun with viper at this stage. Just my few cents here.

I'd say about 20-25% if you take TPOD and HTS and stuff into account.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Luckly for us and unfortunate for ED, there is BMS which is the reference in this case. So if BMS is 90% ready, then I estimate that DCS F-16 is about 20%.

One can easily make the comparison on its own, just by checking the avionics and pages on both versions. Most of the times, DCS currently has empty features, dead ends or place holders pages. It's understandable tho since BMS is being developed for more than a decade and DCS is still early EA. What is frustrating tho is that its getting hardly any updates at all lately.

Edited by stormridersp

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Luckly for us and unfortunate for ED, there is BMS which is the reference in this case.

One of the worst references since it combines all the blocks. Block 10 with block 50 avionics. Block 15 panels on the block 50 etc etc.

Believing BMS is a good reference to DCS is the same that believing both of this cars are the same because they are both made by Chevy and both called Malibu.

632364223.jpg cc_2020chc110004_01_640_gb8.jpg?height=400

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

One of the worst references since it combines all the blocks. Block 10 with block 50 avionics. Block 15 panels on the block 50 etc etc.

Believing BMS is a good reference to DCS is the same that believing both of this cars are the same because they are both made by Chevy and both called Malibu.

632364223.jpg cc_2020chc110004_01_640_gb8.jpg?height=400

That was a very poor comparison. Please try again.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Actually, I'd say this is a great comparison! It's pretty well known that the base avionics used in BMS are a mix of blocks, upgrade packages, export versions, and retrofits from around the world. It's definitely a great sim, but it's a slightly different approach than ED is taking.

Actually, I'd say this is a great comparison! It's pretty well known that the base avionics used in BMS are a mix of blocks, upgrade packages, export versions, and retrofits from around the world. It's definitely a great sim, but it's a slightly different approach than ED is taking.

Which approach?:megalol:

The Spanish Targeting Pod on a US Hornet approach?

Totally pure and untainted.

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

I bought the f16 as my first full module (f15 and a10a) since I was stationed at an f16 base back when I was with the USAF.

I was expecting a flyable enjoyable flight sim, what the hell ..

How did this make it out to the public ?

I bought the f16 as my first full module (f15 and a10a) since I was stationed at an f16 base back when I was with the USAF.

I was expecting a flyable enjoyable flight sim, what the hell ..

Business practices.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Hornet got 5 updates today.

Will Viper get 1? The one first scheduled for April?

No idea, whispers say "no".

But I am giving this new guy a chance, let's see what he comes up with in 2 months of full time work on the mavericks .. maybe they will be close to complete.

That's kind what I expect after all this time.

And from what you get after these 2 months of full-time-equivalent work you can guess how long the rest of the Viper is going to take :-D

No idea, whispers say "no".

But I am giving this new guy a chance, let's see what he comes up with in 2 months of full time work on the mavericks .. maybe they will be close to complete.

That's kind what I expect after all this time.

And from what you get after these 2 months of full-time-equivalent work you can guess how long the rest of the Viper is going to take :-D

New guy is not to blame here. Being assigned to a project while its already well on its way sucks. And that is on top of having little to no guidance, becasue senior staff is working on Hornet. He has my sympathies.

This is a management issue.

New guy is not to blame here. Being assigned to a project while its already well on its way sucks. And that is on top of having little to no guidance, becasue senior staff is working on Hornet. He has my sympathies.

This is a management issue.

Agree with you.When they are releasing a new module they are acting like a "company" but when they give a promise they always find an excuse.They are using new guy as a target for hiding their failure.

They're always close...

I am not even surprised. I still remember when they said that "the development of the F-16 was not going to slow down that of the F-18 and vice versa". In the meantime, there have been several updates where we have almost no content...

I can't wait to see the excuse this time ;)

Early Access business model where we pay in early phase of the development so we get early access to the product, that gets then updated within progress that we funded.

Listen the interview

If you want to wait 4-5 years per module to get finished, while studio tries to find full funding for whole team and project, then you are free to start own studio and try to do that way it.

JF-17 came out with almost all done.

Before it the F-14B came out with almost done (they are still working with the F-14A).

L-39, Yak-52 etc has come out almost completed. Yet many waits many DCS core technologies to be done first by ED so they can be added to various aircrafts, like A-G radar, new communications etc.

Rome was not built in a day.... And it took 5 years from ED to make a A-10C for military. They got the funding and there was no Early Access.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Early Access business model where we pay in early phase of the development so we get early access to the product, that gets then updated within progress that we funded.

Listen the interview

If you want to wait 4-5 years per module to get finished, while studio tries to find full funding for whole team and project, then you are free to start own studio and try to do that way it.

JF-17 came out with almost all done.

Before it the F-14B came out with almost done (they are still working with the F-14A).

L-39, Yak-52 etc has come out almost completed. Yet many waits many DCS core technologies to be done first by ED so they can be added to various aircrafts, like A-G radar, new communications etc.

Rome was not built in a day.... And it took 5 years from ED to make a A-10C for military. They got the funding and there was no Early Access.

or just don't buy early access right away and wait till the developmental stage is at the point you are happy to pay your hard earned cash on it