I can't get my FPS above 25!

I've got a proper weird situation here.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

32GB DDR4

Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ with 8GB GDDR6 RAM

2TB 970 EVO Plus V-Nand M2 Drive

When I run DCS - same mission everytime - I get 23-25fps. When I run the same mission with a load of settings turned down, I get 23-25FPS.

That's being reported by both DCS and D3DGear.

Anyone got any ideas why that might happen.

I'm dropping things like textures from High to low, heat blur from high to low - all the standard things. Run everything almost maxed out - 25FPS. Run most things turned down or off - 25FPS.

The game looks fantastic and if I wasn't being told different, I'd say it was running much higher FPS - there's just no drop and it's silky smooth and looks amazing with everything turned up.

To say I'm confused is a bit of an understatement.

Thanks for any help

Check graphic settings section in dcs.

Not sure what it is called now, I believe it Vsync or Gsync. If it is ticked, can lock your fps to a certain number.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Do you get the same low fps on the menu screen? Try to hit alt+enter and see if it improves.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

You may want to post a pic of your dcs setting screen.

Use flat shadows.

Here you go - and some news. I turned off SSAA - over 100 FPS!! WTF is SSAA and why such a hit?

50034557061_0ff25407c9_h.jpg

This makes me wonder - first off, were MSAA and SSAA fighting each other? Second, is there any need for both? From what I gather, SSAA is better than MSAA which is better than FXAA...surely setting one should disable the other - yoiu know - for idiots like me?

Edited by wmar67

Here you go - and some news. I turned off SSAA - over 100 FPS!! WTF is SSAA and why such a hit?

/QUOTE]

Super Sample Anti Aliasing - essentially you are doubling your resolution with 2x so you were playing at nearly 4K resolution.

On a non 4K monitor - that makes sense!

Thank you

The game looks fantastic and if I wasn't being told different, I'd say it was running much higher FPS - there's just no drop and it's silky smooth and looks amazing with everything turned up.

Why fix what works? ;)

Sounds like 25fps was real but I'd never called it smooth.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria