Open Mod Manager

sedenion

10 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

@sedenion  Thank you for this. I will install and configure the new version over the Holidays and or when DCS releases the December Open Beta Patch.  

• You made if very clear and bold but I only realized what I need to do during my second read through 😅 " please uninstall the previous version before installing this one."
  • It may be helpful if you edit to make it Big Bold and RED?

" please uninstall the previous version before installing this one."

What you can do:

• Uninstall the 1.2
  • Reinstall the 1.1 then Uninstall it (to correctly remove ressources and registry keys)
  • Reinstall the 1.2
  • Reboot system (to properly refresh files associations)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sedenion said:

You can now support me by donate via PayPal (link in About window)

Hello,

Just downloaded the new version to give it a try, just wanted to warn you that both Google and Windows, mis-identify the file as potentially harmful:

rp1AzV8.jpg

dA3l7No.jpg

I have not yet tried the new version, will do so tonight, but I did employ the paypal link as a token of appreciation for your prior work with OvGME (which is the Mod Manager that I currently still use).

Best wishes,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Just downloaded the new version to give it a try, just wanted to warn you that both Google and Windows, mis-identify the file as potentially harmful:

Damn, I forgot to pay Microsoft and other Security compagnies to sign my software with an expensive certificate and prevent SmartScreen to scares users so to justify their racket business... too bad.

13 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I have not yet tried the new version, will do so tonight, but I did employ the paypal link as a token of appreciation for your prior work with OvGME (which is the Mod Manager that I currently still use).

Thanks to you !

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sedenion said:

Damn, I forgot to pay Microsoft and other Security compagnies to sign my software with an expensive certificate and prevent SmartScreen to scares users so to justify their racket business... too bad.

😄 ok, I fully understand 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Migrating was even easier than I expected. All the previous Hubs were still in the File -> Recent list so it went zip-zip and everything was back to normal 🙂

The Manager Options pop up  can order the pre-opened hubs now so I can pre-open all the relevant Hubs in the order I want to have them ❤️❤️❤️

The only think I might ask is that the 'Always On Top' function might be an option. I'm not sure if I might want to turn it off yet, but it's just something I noticed.

Event though the previous version was never anything I though of as slow, at all, now it is fast as lightning! 😃 So awesome!

Thank you!!

PS Just saw the Paypal thingy - nice mug of cold beer coming your way 🍺 😉

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

23 hours ago, sedenion said:

What you can do:

• Uninstall the 1.2
  • Reinstall the 1.1 then Uninstall it (to correctly remove ressources and registry keys)
  • Reinstall the 1.2
  • Reboot system (to properly refresh files associations)

I don't get it. If I uninstall the previous version, I will lose all my confi and shortcut.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

58 minutes ago, pepin1234 said:

I don't get it. If I uninstall the previous version, I will lose all my confi and shortcut.

No, unlike OvGME if you uinstall OMM only the application installed data (executable file, dlls and icons) are removed. The general configuration file within the User/AppData is conserved as well as all your Modding Hub directories, which are strictly independant from application (know that you can even freely move them, then simply open your Hub again at the new location, the application is designed for that)

So, theoretically, you will lose nothing... The migration is the most "risky" part.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

The only think I might ask is that the 'Always On Top' function might be an option. I'm not sure if I might want to turn it off yet, but it's just something I noticed.

This is an "unwanted" feature I noticed just after the pre-release (that seem related to fact I jumped from Windows Vista/NT6.0 to Seven/NT6.1 API). This is already addressed in the modified code and will be corrected for the true final release with some other UI bugs of the Package Editor...

5 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

PS Just saw the Paypal thingy - nice mug of cold beer coming your way 🍺 😉

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Well as I mentioned earlier this was a pre-release, because I now have the habit : When I release a version I always lost some obvious bugs, and this time doesn't change this habit.

So here is the FINAL1.2 release with some corrected bugs and few minor features.

If you already installed and migrated to the 1.2 pre-release, you can simply install the software over the 1.2 pre-release, otherwise PLEASE READ CAREFULLY The Pre-Release notes (here)

Here is the Changes logs for the Final 1.2:

• Fix main window Z-order default configuration (stay always on top)
  • Fix repository definitions files not properly opened in repository editor
  • Increase (up to 200%) checksum computing performances especially on large files
  • New button to compute/show Mod file checksum in Mod properties dialog
  • Fix Network Library not properly refreshed on Local Library content changes
  • Fix inappropriate LF to CRLF conversion when loading description text file
  • Fix UI bugs in Mod-Package Editor and Repository Editor
  • Repository Editor now properly alert if specified URL/path is invalid

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/1.2

Good game and merry christmass evryone !

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Okaaaaaaaay.... something has gone terribly wrong with my installation it seems.

Everything looks like it works, but my modded files are not being copied into the target location and OMM says that they were.

The log says all the to be modded files in my list are backed up and the mods applied, but when I check no mods have been put on place. The backups were made though.

Log attached.

Log_20231220_072357.txt

Edit: I think I may have found the issue. The Presets are not working.

At first when I double-clicked my standard preset, it seemed to be installing everything listed for it to install. The mods were checked off too.

When I looked into the list, however, nothing was in it. I deleted the list, manually installed all the mods and tried to save the list, but it picked the wrong channel to save to, and will not let me pick the right channel.

So I deleted the one channel--it only has one mod in it anyway--and created the list for the one remaining channel, but when I look into the list (properites - Installation Scripts) the To Install column is empty(!!).

I select all the mods for the list, but cannot update the old list.

Create a new list and give it the old name, hoping the old list will be replaced. New list added with the same name, old list with same name remains.

Select old list, properties, try to rename old list: get a popup:

Preset rename error
Unable to rename Preset
index out of bound

Delete the new list, now both old and new gone - things getting better.

New Preset created with new name - so far so good, Properties shows all selected mods in the To Install column 👍

OMM acts like implementing mods is working, but none of the modded files are landing under '..\DCS World OpenBeta', neither through the list nor through manually double-clicking the mod.

Yes, OMM is 'run as administrator'.

😪

Edited by Captain Orso

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

4 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

Edit: I think I may have found the issue. The Presets are not working.

At first when I double-clicked my standard preset, it seemed to be installing everything listed for it to install. The mods were checked off too.

Ok, first of all : Don't Panik

Indeed I found bugs in Presets implementation at several level, this is now resolved and I will publish corrected version soon.

But However :

4 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

OMM acts like implementing mods is working, but none of the modded files are landing under '..\DCS World OpenBeta', neither through the list nor through manually double-clicking the mod.

2 hours ago, Nevyn said:

Same problem as cap orso, OMM installs fine, mods look like they are loaded, green tick, but nothing.

Here I cannot reproduce that behavior...

Notice that If the software cannot create/write/copy file or directory for any reason, it immediately show an error dialog box, so, if you don't see any error dialog box, this probably mean the files were properly written/copied, but, maybe in the wrong place. So, try to make more testing to identify the bug or error, I suspect problem with target path (but I can't figure out what at this stage).

Checks Mod installed file and verify date changes within the target directory, try to create a new Mod Hub with a Channel that points to a dummy target directory, check that files are created in target dir, etc...

Also notice that Green tick actually mean that backup data exists for this mod, so, theorectically, files are installed, there is not actual verification that files in target directory are the "modded" ones.

The only bug I found throw an "PERMISSION DENIED" error while restoring backup data, it is identified and already addressed internally.

Edited by sedenion

Things I have done before my first posting:

Completely uninstalled OMM twice, downloaded it twice, rebooted each time after uninstall (this includes removing any traces in the registry).

Checked all files in the target directory using the clean and repair commands. (DCS Clean and repair).

Create several new mod hubs with different names and paths, changed to custom paths.

Run as administrator.

Re-downloaded mod.

Installed OMM on separate drive from target folder.

Solution for me:

I was adding the zip files to OMM, which is how I used it previously, if I extract the zip files and add the folder instead the mods activate just fine. So it may be the way a zip file constructs the folder paths causing the problem, but that's guess because I would not have a clue. In other words, when you extract a zip file called MODS.zip for example, the path created will be /MODS/MODS/Game file structure. I had to remove the first /MODS so structure became /MODS/Game file structure, and then add that folder structure to OMM.

Thank you for this app btw, it's great.

Edited by Nevyn

8 minutes ago, Nevyn said:

I was adding the zip files to OMM, which is how I used it previously, if I extract the zip files and add the folder instead the mods activate just fine. So it may be the way a zip file constructs the folder paths causing the problem, but that's guess because I would not have a clue. In other words, when you extract a zip file called MODS.zip for example, the path created will be /MODS/MODS/Game file structure. I had to remove the first /MODS so structure became /MODS/Game file structure, and then add that folder structure to OMM.

Ok. Can you please give me some link to download ones of the zipped mod that doesn't work on your side ? I will investigate this on my side.

1 hour ago, sedenion said:

Ok, first of all : Don't Panik

Indeed I found bugs in Presets implementation at several level, this is now resolved and I will publish corrected version soon.

But However :

Here I cannot reproduce that behavior...

Notice that If the software cannot create/write/copy file or directory for any reason, it immediately show an error dialog box, so, if you don't see any error dialog box, this probably mean the files were properly written/copied, but, maybe in the wrong place. So, try to make more testing to identify the bug or error, I suspect problem with target path (but I can't figure out what at this stage).

Checks Mod installed file and verify date changes within the target directory, try to create a new Mod Hub with a Channel that points to a dummy target directory, check that files are created in target dir, etc...

Also notice that Green tick actually mean that backup data exists for this mod, so, theorectically, files are installed, there is not actual verification that files in target directory are the "modded" ones.

The only bug I found throw an "PERMISSION DENIED" error while restoring backup data, it is identified and already addressed internally.

Nee no panic, but I did have to go back to 1.1.1 because I updated DCS yesterday and wanted to start learning how to spam radar guided Hellfires from the Apache 😁

It just took me a while to find all the files I needed to get 1.1.1 running--I was restoring from my weekly full system backups.

So currently I cannot experiment with 1.2. When you release 1.2.1 I'll migrate over again and test everything. In 1.2, I did look at the hubs and channels at one point to see that the target directories were correct. It looked good to me, but I didn't actually look directly for errant file locations, which shouldn't be that difficult. Just take time.

It may very well be that the mods were going to the wrong location, because I would find it hard to accept that a 'copy file' system call could fail and there be no indication of it. So copy to the wrong location would explain that completely.

We'll see I guess, and if it doesn't rear its ugly head in 1.2.1, all the better, and less work for you 😉

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

51 minutes ago, Nevyn said:

Thanks ! Problem found and solved (see below)

20 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

It may very well be that the mods were going to the wrong location, because I would find it hard to accept that a 'copy file' system call could fail and there be no indication of it. So copy to the wrong location would explain that completely.

Actually files were going nowhere because indeed the Mod parser produced empty package-source with no files to copy/extract. The problem ocurre only with "old fashion" OvGME style packages, wrongly parsed.

The problem is solved, I did not created a new "release" version, I simply created a new 1.2 release with the up-to-date sources and build. You can redownload and reinstall, all should work fine now.

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/1.2

Sorry for the headaches on trying understand what was going wrong.

Edited by sedenion
  • Thanks 2

YES!! 💯

It works perfectly now!!

The only thing I might complaint about, is when starting for the first time, and the old 1.1.1 style config files are all being converted, OMM complains that it can't find the hub.omx files, but after that no issues found 👍

Many thanks Sedenion 🤙

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Just completed the UPGRADE and all is working as expected 👍 💯

Nice refresh of the user Interface too!

• I only have 2 Channels for DCS. On the first start of Open Mod Manager the "Channel Area at the top" was too small to display both lines of the channels without scrolling.
  • Once I located the Manager Options under Edit and toggled and applied the "List views icons size" from Normal to Large and back to Normal all was good. 

Thanks @sedenion

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Well, since a new major bug was found, I was forced to create a new build... So, this time to be clear on where we are, I created a new 1.2.1 versions, and here is the changes logs

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/1.2.1

Changes logs 1.2.1

• Fix created mod files are not properly deleted at restoration
  • Fix window not properly activated after progress dialog closed

Changes logs 1.2 Dec 20

• Fix OvGME like Zipped mod not properly installed
  • Fix Mod restoration fail with "PERMISSION DENIED" in some cases
  • Fix window always on top
  • Fix Presets not properly installed and disapearing after application restart

Changes logs 1.2 Dec 19

• Fix repository definitions files not properly opened in repository editor
  • Increase (up to 200%) checksum computing performances especially on large files
  • New button to compute/show Mod file checksum in Mod properties dialog
  • Fix Network Library not properly refreshed on Local Library content changes
  • Fix inappropriate LF to CRLF conversion when loading description text file
  • Fix UI bugs in Mod-Package Editor and Repository Editor
  • Repository Editor now properly alert if specified URL/path is invalid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have been thinking about making the move to OpenMod from OvGME but I am curious if there is any reason we should fear that OvGME would stop working or be incompatible any time soon? What would be the threat from Windows etc that could make it no longer usable?
Thanks.

Probably not, but why not start using an app that has active development and support? It is the same dev after all.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Probably not, but why not start using an app that has active development and support? It is the same dev after all.

Thanks for your reply. Comfort and familiarity are the primary reasons.  And of course all free apps like these have development and support, until they don't. Very grateful to @sedenion for both these great apps and the ongoing support he provides. Just wanted to have an understanding of what kind of longevity to expect from OvGME.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. Comfort and familiarity are the primary reasons.  And of course all free apps like these have development and support, until they don't. Very grateful to @sedenion for both these great apps and the ongoing support he provides. Just wanted to have an understanding of what kind of longevity to expect from OvGME.
Thanks.

Oh, come on man! Live a little!
Personally, I believe that the more users OMM get, the better it will become!
Happy holidays and have great new year!
Thanks @sedenion for a great app!
Cheers!

@KeyserSoze62 I made the switch from OVGME to OMM the last time I had to reload My Operating System. Moving to the supported Manager was easy enought. Even upgrading to this latest 1.2.1 was painless. 

• Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]