Open Mod Manager

sedenion

5 hours ago, sedenion said:

I don't remember what option OvGME menu have, but I think OMM menu have more... However, there is no "Uninstall All" option, indeed...

It looked like in the picture.

2 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

The funny thing is, and I'd never thought of it before, no matter how many new mods I add to my mod-set for DCS, my None batch always works on all of them, always - so cool.

The same happens when in OvGME I press disable all. Magic! 😄 

3.jpg

Edited by zaelu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

11 hours ago, zaelu said:

It looked like in the picture.

The same happens when in OvGME I press disable all. Magic! 😄 

3.jpg

Even if OvGME didn't have the option, I would say it wouldn't be technically difficult to implement, but it would still be work to do it.

If I had to choose between a selection in a pull-down menu and getting some other feature, which I can't replicate with a simple Batch, I'd rather have the later - YMMV.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 4/23/2023 at 11:51 AM, zaelu said:

Also to create a batch to uninstall mods... I know it works but people using these kind of apps have a button to "uninstall all". A button to "uninstall selected". A button to "uninstall  current tree" (in case there is a tree of folders or mods). So to create a batch that stays in the list of mods profiles to activate it when you want to uninstall it might be counter intuitive or simply unusual.

So, I am currently implementing "Uninstall all packages" command, but I have to implement it to stay consistent with current UI organization...

1) Does the "Uninstall all packages" must have "Target Location" scope (uninstall packages only for current selected Location), or have "Softwate context" scope (uninstall package for all locations of current selecte Context) ?

2) Since "Package >" sub-menu is dedicated to selected package, I can't place the "Uninstall all packages" command within. So I have to put this command directly in the "Edit" menu.. Depending the answere of the first question, at which place it is better to place this "Uninstall all packages" command within the Edit menu ? After "Software Context properties..." ? After "Add Target Location..." ? Elsewhere ? Do I should I add separators ?

• Like 1

So, something weird going on that I'm sure is on me, but OMM will no longer install one of my mods, i.e. Quaggles Injector mod.

See attached.  It consists of only one file, i.e. data.lua, but when I run the install in OMM, the original file remains in place. I have to manually copy it over.

It used to work fine, but now, no.

I guess it must be obvious, but if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

o1.jpg

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

23 minuti fa, imacken ha scritto:

So, something weird going on that I'm sure is on me, but OMM will no longer install one of my mods, i.e. Quaggles Injector mod.

See attached.  It consists of only one file, i.e. data.lua, but when I run the install in OMM, the original file remains in place. I have to manually copy it over.

o1.jpg

I can't confirm this. By chance, I've started using OMM this morning, to install Quaggles' Mod and it's working for me. I've just copied the zip file in the Library folder. The only difference I see with your screenshot is that my mod doesn't show Version number. Double Check the folders structures targets and sources. Note that the original data.lua is 81kb, the modded one 84. 

• Like 1

Just now, imacken said:

I am not able to reproduce this. Your mod has a visible version number which is not the case the one distributed by author, so it seem you edited it, recreated or else. What did you exactly ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sedenion said:

I am not able to reproduce this. Your mod has a visible version number which is not the case the one distributed by author, so it seem you edited it, recreated or else. What did you exactly ?

They are exactly the same. All I did was to change the zip name and internal folder name appended with v1.0.7 to get the version showing in OMM. 

This has worked perfectly well for months, just recently it's not. Can't explain it.

m1.jpg

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Just tried the author's original version, and it's exactly the same issue. Weird.

Guys, ignore my last few posts. The issue was just in one module, and the solution was nothing to do with OMM. It's working fine. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time on this.

• Like 1

I've just uninstalled the few mods I had and repaired DCS OB to prepare to install one of these mod manager or organiser things. Fascinating reading 30 odd pages of development and confusions, there must be about three different versions of things OMM, OVJSME and whatnot I've read about with assorted ways to confuse myself. I'm often making folders within folders on drives and backups of disorganised bafflements and almost every time I update DCS I mess something up and I'm grounded. Getting in that state led me here, and there, then here and there trying to work out which bit of software's both functional and still simple enough for me to manage. Or rather, manage my stuff.

I need to be able to disable or enable mods, input configs, skins/liveries and DCS main option settings so all's well when it comes around to update time and I don't have to go hunting for my joystick profiles and luas for hours. So far as I can remember, OMM is still being tinkered with by the dev whilst enjoying the finest wines known to humanity (well deserved by the look of it Sedenion). OVGME isn't being supported but still works? There was another one too but I can't think at the minute what it was. Some of it seems personal choice rather than any real differences? Needless to say, I won't be writing any software or editing any code if I can help it but I'm wondering which way to go with these file manager thingies. This 'OMM' sounds about right for what I want I think?

Cheers. à votre santé.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slippa said:

I need to be able to disable or enable mods, input configs, skins/liveries and DCS main option settings so all's well when it comes around to update time

Hi,

In my experience, the liveries & skins are not prone to cause problems when DCS is updated, so it is not really necesary to use a Mod Manager to handle them. Just make sure to install them at /Saved Games/ not at the DCS program folder. Same goes for the DCS main options and input configs, but it is wise to have a backup of their holding folders (which are at /Saved Games/) ... the only exceptions would be if you use custom LUA files for input configs, those should be handled as regular Mods.

To summarize, use a Mod Manager only for actual Mods.

So far as I can remember, OMM is still being tinkered with by the dev whilst enjoying the finest wines known to humanity (well deserved by the look of it Sedenion).

Yes, OMM is released, but of course it still receives improvements from time to time.

OVGME isn't being supported but still works?

Correct, it is the predecessor of OMM, it still works fine, main advantage of OMM is that it is better suited for using Web based Mod repositories, like those used by a Virtual squadron. In my opinion, for individual user OvGME does just fine.

There was another one too but I can't think at the minute what it was.

Maybe JSGME ? ... it is a really old tool and it still works provided that your Mods are smaller than 4 GB as it is a 32-bit software. I don't like it because it stores your Mods inside the game folder.

... This 'OMM' sounds about right for what I want I think?

It's probably a bit too complex, my personal preference is for OvGME, here is a tutorial:

Cheers,

Eduardo

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

19 minutes ago, Slippa said:

Thanks for helping out.

You are welcome … here is an OvGME  tutorial I wrote 6 years ago, there are detail differences as it used an older version rather than the current last version of the software, but most of the basic concepts have not changed and it is still worth a read:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

New version released 1.0.8

https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/1.0.8

• Fix library not properly refreshed when switching Target Location
  • Fix lack of consistency of Package menu according selection
  • Fix Package Editor inconsistent prompts for unsaved changes
  • Change properties dialog buttons to Apply/Cancel/Close
  • Add "Uninstall All" Command
  • Add support for detecting and skipping hidden files
  • Fix gif creation fail if color map size is not power of two
  • Change Menus organisation
  • Change UI terminology
    • "Software Context" is now "Modding Hub" or "Hub"
    • "Target Location" is now "Channel"
    • "Installation Batch" is now "Script"
    • "Network Repository" is now "Repository"
    • "Destination folder" is now "Target Path"

Please comment names and terminology changes, any critic or suggestion can help.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

To assist others, as well as myself, to use this very useful program, I created my own personal User Guide. I do not claim that it covers all possible use conditions. Note that V1.08 renamed Context to Modding Hub and Target Locations to Channel. First download and install Open Mod Manger. Then....

• In the main Open Mod Manager (OMM) menu File\New\Modding Hub (IMO a more descriptive term would be Target Program you want to modify). Enter the path to the game/program to be modified, i.e. receive the mods. Select the desired Modding Hub from the title block below the OMM menu.
  • OMM main menu Edit\Channel\Properties: Create a Channel (path) to one or more folders within the Target Program (Modding Hub) that will be modded; AND specify the Destination Library folder (where the mod packages you will create for the Channel will be stored).
  • IMPORTANT. Organize the mods you want OMM to install. You will have to specify within OMM the path to the Target Program folders you wish to modify in one of two ways: 1. The Channels you create can include the path, or 2. Include the path in the folder on your PC where you organize the mod files. EXAMPLE: To add a vehicle to DCS Open Beta, create Channel "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" then create a folder anywhere on your PC "MyMods\Mods\Tech\VehicleModFolder" where the folder MyMods contains the DCS.Openbeta path to the folder where the "VehicleModFiles" will be installed. Note that the Tech folder can contain multiple individual mod folders, several different vehicles for example. The Mods\Tech path could also have been included in the Channel definition instead of the MyMods folder. The MyMods folder can be archived in a .zip file if desired.

After completing these steps for a given program you should rarely need to repeat or alter them. You can then create OMM mod packages whenever you need them.

• Under the Library tab select the desired Target Program Channel/folder that you want to modify.
  • Under Tools menu select Package Editor.
  • If the PC mod folder (MyMods) has not been zipped, select radio button Create from folder content, then navigate to the MyMods folder using the Browse window. If the MyMods folder is zipped, select Edit/Create from existing package.
  • Name the mod package whatever you want. All the files in the MyMods folder will display in the Package Content window. Verify the path is correct.
  • Now the tricky part. The Destination folder is Destination Library where the Package being created will be stored (NOT the Target Program installation location). This folder was specified when creating the Channel.
  • If desired select a Mod Category and enter a description. Save the package BEFORE closing. It will display in the large package window, if created successfully.

Maybe others can find this useful and/or improve on it.

Edited by Habu_69
  • Like 5

I had a problem that with the 1.0.8 update I couldn't see my mods once disactive to upgrade DCS.
If this happens, follow this procedure to activate the developer mode:

Edit - Modding Hub - Properties - Channel - select channel - Modify - Library - Developer mode flag on - Apply and close

• Like 1

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

14 hours ago, Aviators said:

I had a problem that with the 1.0.8 update I couldn't see my mods once disactive to upgrade DCS.
If this happens, follow this procedure to activate the developer mode:

Edit - Modding Hub - Properties - Channel - select channel - Modify - Library - Developer mode flag on - Apply and close

It is a bug due to wrong config file init procedure introduced with new "Show Hidden Files" option.

You can workaround by enabling "Show Hidden Files" (it is in the same propertie dialog than "Developper Mode"), then closing properties dialog (so the propertie is written in config fie). Once done, you can open the properties dialog and disabling "Show Hidden Files" again.

I corrected the bug and rebuilt the binaries and installers under the same version. You can redownload the installers and install again if you want to prevent this bug to appear again.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

is the target path eagle dynamics/dcs openbeta?
Please give an example.
The paths depends on the mod.
It's either in Saved Games or in the Core installation, and the complete path differs from mod to mod.
In Saved Games it should be DCS.OpenBeta for OB.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Please give an example.
The paths depends on the mod.
It's either in Saved Games or in the Core installation, and the complete path differs from mod to mod.
In Saved Games it should be DCS.OpenBeta for OB.

Cheers!

i have an aim 152 mod for f14, i want to turn it on and off at will. 
iv got it in the library but it doesnt work in game, how do i get it to appear in the game? 
iv tried setting the channel as both root openbeta folder and saved games openbeta folders, no joy

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

12 hours ago, eatthis said:

is the target path eagle dynamics/dcs openbeta?

the Target path is where mod content (files and folder) will be applied. It is usually game installation root directory or game's sub-folder in user's saved game folder. This also depend on how the mod are made itself, the mod have to properly replicate game file and folder structure to be properly applied by the mod manager.

i have an aim 152 mod for f14, i want to turn it on and off at will. 
iv got it in the library but it doesnt work in game, how do i get it to appear in the game? 
iv tried setting the channel as both root openbeta folder and saved games openbeta folders, no joy
Well, this does not depend on the Mod Manager, but the instructions of the mod itself.
I'm not at home, so no screen grabs, and I don't have the latest OMM version.
Some mods goes into the Core install. Eagle Dynamics\DCS Open Beta or something. Where I assume the mod you describe goes.
Other "mods" like the free A-4E-C module goes in Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\aircraft
Every mod (usually) comes with instructions.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Well, this does not depend on the Mod Manager, but the instructions of the mod itself.
I'm not at home, so no screen grabs, and I don't have the latest OMM version.
Some mods goes into the Core install. Eagle Dynamics\DCS Open Beta or something. Where I assume the mod you describe goes.
Other "mods" like the free A-4E-C module goes in Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\aircraft
Every mod (usually) comes with instructions.

Cheers!

iv got it sorted now, mod manage is good but very unintuitive

• Like 1

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Hi there!

I want to have a repository on my NAS, http (only option, right?). It worked with OVGME but am struggling with the setup with OMM. I went looking through the xml and am unsure where to put what data. Let's say the mod is called sample_mod and is located on my NAS at: http://thisisatesturl.com/mods/  and I have an xml at that location.

Please let me know how to edit the xml to have it work, thanks.

12 minutes ago, r_vandenbroek said:

Hi there!

I want to have a repository on my NAS, http (only option, right?). It worked with OVGME but am struggling with the setup with OMM. I went looking through the xml and am unsure where to put what data. Let's say the mod is called sample_mod and is located on my NAS at: http://thisisatesturl.com/mods/  and I have an xml at that location.

Please let me know how to edit the xml to have it work, thanks.

Map a network drive from the NAS ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg