Video Card Rumours

17 minutes ago, Thinder said:

Was he born when I upgraded my Pentium II?

I call a con a con, and if it doesn't suit your religion, tough, he needs more fanboyz for his living swallowing sensational sticky titles and half truth, that's good for your bunch of "believers" but I don't get hypnotized by mediocrity like this video...

NOW QUESTIONS: How many manufacturers who have released their cards in the UK only recently (mostly today) are using the reference cooler design?

ANSWER IS ZERO.

So HOW is a bunch of reference cards going to get AMD in big trouble exactly? And of course, AMD mocking Nvidia was the focuse of his attention, he forgot to say that EVERYONE was mocking Nvidia, that's enough to unmask his bias and fanboyism, looks like your collective motivation too, so hallf truth, "forgotten" facts, media manipulation, just like it became a fashion lately...

Question 3. Are you using your brain before posting or just floating in a remain of X-Masss fog and vapor?  Because either you find a sadistic pleasure in sharing mediocrity for information or you juste needs a crash course in youtubing self promoting.

AMD is in trouble, as they lost another 8% marketshare in the GPU Market to nVidia, 

AMD made stabs at nVidia over the power plug issues, and now they are likely going to have to do a Service recall on several serial # batches.

Age doesnt mean anything, it doesnt matter when he was alive.

As for my "fanboyism", you do realize all 5 of my system's are AMD Exclusively right? w/ the only exception being my laptop.

Question 1, Global Availability has no bearing on the issue.

Question 2, Do you understand AMD's Graphics Division still hasn't recouped the losses it endured during the previous generations, and is now about to drop below the 12% marketshare. it's Costly because AMD can't afford the negative press, and the pending Serial Batch recall to service the affected cards.

As for Question 3, you might want to watch what your asking and who your asking, I hope that question isnt directed at me, as for it being directed at derbauer, he can give 2 harddisk mounting screws about you tube followers, he designs hardware for Grizzly, as well as custom fabricated tools for things that you'd likely take for granted, whether he posts here or see's your comments is besides the point, at this point you are just verbally bashing someone you dont know anything about.

If you're going to lower the rumors/discussion thread to attacking some one, then you can keep the trolling and insults to yourself.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 6

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

4 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

If you're going to lower the rumors/discussion thread to attacking some one, then you can keep the trolling and insults to yourself.

Hi, I don't think there is any sense in arguing any longer with this guy "Thinder" as it seems he is on the warpath against everyone that debates AMD GPUs in just a slightly negative manner - and he's already got some new targets in another thread 😱:

My theory: Maybe he simply has to justify himself now for buying an extreme pricey custom version of the 7900XTX to replace his 1080ti when he easily could have bought a 4080 for at least the same amount and that would support his Pico4 VR much better than any actual AMD GPU could ...

• Like 3

Primary for DCS and other flightsims: i9 12900K@default OC on MSI Z790 Tomahawk (MS-7D91) | 64 GB DDR5-5600 | Asus TUF RTX3090 Gaming OC | 1x 38"@3840x1600 | 1x 27"@2560x1440 | Windows10Pro64

Spoiler

Secondary: i7 11700k@5.1GHz on MSI Z590 Gaming Force MB| 64 GB DDR4-3200 | PowerColor RX6900XTU Red Devil | 1x 32"@2560*1440 + 1x24"@1980*1200 | Windows10Pro64

Backup: i7 6700K@4.8GHz | 64 GB DDR4-2400 | PowerColor RX5700XT Red Devil | SSD-500/1000GB | 1x49" 32:9 Asus X49VQ 3840x1080 | Windows10Pro64

Flightsim Input Devices: VPC: ACE2 Rudder / WarBRD Base / T-50CM2 Base with 50mm ext. / Alpha-R, Mongoos T-50CM, WarBRD and VFX Grip / T-50CM3 Throttle | VPC Sharka-50 + #2 Controle Panel | TM Cougar MFD-Frames| Rift S - Secondary: TM HOTAS WARTHOG/Cougar Throttle+Stick, F-18-Grip | TM TPR Rudder | DelanClip/PS3-CAM IR-Tracker

2 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

AMD is in trouble,

Blah...

PROJ024724-P-G-Pampers-Standard-Packshot

as they lost another 8% marketshare in the GPU Market to nVidia, 

Really so the market loss is not only related to a bunch of reference cards that a conman tried to pass for the whole of AMD GPUs then.

29160939924l.jpg

Let me guess, I watched AMD launch and left the video before the end, as opposed to youtube junkies and gurus devotees, I never stop thinking for myself...

The main reason why they are losing market shares is their well overdone promotion, performance claims they never reached, the "8K" thing and suggestion by more youtards that those cards were gonna beat Nvidia 4090...

Nvidia or AMD fanboyism is just as mediocre and the best way to navigate this trash is to get informed instead of copy/pasting videio links.

We will see more and more AMD GPU tests as the issues are resoved manufacturer side and they start to come out, for the time being, thermal test shows that mine runs as cool as the reference card without hot spot and even cooler if you use a different BIOS but of course the title of the video isn't making dosh for a conman or trigering fanboyism.

So who again is at the root of AMD loss of marketshare? The Youtube gurus and bashers or US, the AMD users who realized the situation after the promotion of the 7900 series?

One doesn't need to be a youtube heroe to have an impact on manufacturers and your twisting of reality is not going to change that, it's a FACT.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

3 minutes ago, schmiefel said:

Hi, I don't think there is any sense in arguing any longer with this guy "Thinder" as it seems he is on the warpath against everyone that debates AMD GPUs in just a slightly negative manner - and he's already got some new targets in another thread 😱:

My theory: Maybe he simply has to justify himself now for buying an extreme pricey custom version of the 7900XTX to replace his 1080ti when he easily could have bought a 4080 for at least the same amount and that would support his Pico4 VR much better than any actual AMD GPU could ...

My theory, again I don't do mediocrity I leave that to your bunch, and you're right you cant answer the basic question I asked:

Who in their right mind are using AMD reference design? WHY is your youtube god hiding the fact that he was using reference cards and tried to suggest it was the whole of AMD cards?

You can't wanswer that, better run and quit the argument because you already lost it.

And something else, extreme pricey is costing me £15 per frame less than a 4090, you need to ask Santa for a new edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, boy.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

All those discussions turn somehow south ?!

It ain't fun to follow discussions when  some people  takes it all over & over again...

I will block some from now on, maybe that helps..LoL

• Like 3

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

AMD Acknowledged Reference coolers are a problem, course of action in planning.

• Like 5

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Personally it likely has nothing to do with the cable's 20-pin power transfer.

But seeing as another user claimed when using bad cable, the card ignored freesync limits, and ran full tilt, it's likely switching cables just enabled Limiters that were otherwise turned off.

Edited by SkateZilla

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the Pin-20 complexity plays a bad trick on the PCB.

I know from my own experience and from Dell technicians I met that a "wrong" DP cable can ruin your GPU, CPU and motherboard in certain cases and combinations.

Maybe one of those Repair Gurus with way more understanding of circuits and PCBs will dig into this and enlighten us.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

17 hours ago, BitMaster said:

All those discussions turn somehow south ?!

It ain't fun to follow discussions when  some people  takes it all over & over again...

I will block some from now on, maybe that helps..LoL

Exactly my thoughts. 👍

Sometimes it feels more like a battle between Football fans.

• Like 1

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

14 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

7900XTs dropping in price already

Because it's DOA at $900. At $800 probably a better fit for it, if not $750. Kinda like the balls on Nvidia and AIBs asking $850-1100 for 4070 Ti. 

Edited by EightyDuce

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

AMD is Set to announce Price cuts on both 7900 GPUs

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

AMD is Set to announce Price cuts on both 7900 GPUs

Well, good on him for admitting they messed up and hopefully lessons were learned. But he didn't seem to budge from "under $900" mark, so I'm not sure how much they will actually drop the price. So far I've seen it at $870. 

Edited by EightyDuce
Spelling is hard before coffee.
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

Hopefully, the European prices will drop because they are horrendous.

• Like 2

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

19 minutes ago, ams999 said:

Hopefully, the European prices will drop because they are horrendous.

Aren't they always? Granted I don't focus on them so I could be wrong, but it feels like you guys pay a 15-25% premium pretty much all the time. Even when times aren't insane. 

Edited by EightyDuce
  • Like 2