Lipetsk planes (pics)

Kusch

The Russian Birds are definitely the Prettiest by a Country Mile!

Cool Pics - Cheers for posting :thumbup:

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Still after all these years still has the beauty :)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Note, the top picture is Su-27SM.

Hey EB, what are the external differences of a СУ-27C and a СУ-27СМ? How can you tell the first photo is a СУ-27СМ?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

IRST is offset to the right and lack of RWR sensors on the intake sides. Instead, the RWR sensors are now on the wing leading edge, like the "beer can" on the F-16. In that particular photo, the RWR hints are hard to spot, but I also happen to know where the photo came from originally, so I had an unfair advantage. :)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

cool thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The two last pictures are from when the Su-27's visited Bodø Main Air Station here in Norway =) Recognized the Mercedes field-truck and the civilian terminal in the background, and the building in the background on the last pic (That would be the Line-house where the groundcrews for RNoAF 331/332sqd has their offices and lockers)

Nice pics all in all. Loved the first one. Looks like it's recently repainted.:thumbup:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

It's a two tone blue camo missing grey patches.

Looks like a new standard camo for a VVS. (I haven't seen freshly painted Flankers with White/Blue/Grey/Blue camo of the late '80s. (Camo like that is in the second pic)).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice skin Ice, just 2 suggestion:

I did a side-by-side comparison on your old shark skin, i noticed this new one didn't cover the tip of the tail

skin.jpg

tail-1.jpg

You might want to patch that up.

The second thing i was going to suggest was, is it possible we get the white nose? So its similar to the picture above? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing I have to add is that most skin artists pay too much attention to rivets and panels. If you compare skins from LOMAC to a RL plane pics, you'll notice that U can't see that much detail on a real plane.

I made lots of scale models (1:72 and 1:48) and same thing applies, lots of folks use preshading to accent panels and rivets which in the end looks great but if you compare scale model to a real thing you'll see less details on a real plane (model).

Now compare SKF's screenies (verticals) to a #08 in that photos that Ice posted. Less detail on a real plane, right?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All depends how good plane picture is. Pictures in this thread aren't too detailed, are small and not to good to finding such small details, but on very good, close picc with good light you can find more details ;)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

They can put rivets and panels in, just get the color right. Thats my big pet peeve. I've downloaded and used most of the skins at Lockonfiles and most of them get the Su-27 colors wrong. Many of them are like a pastel lavendar rather than blue. Nice to see that Ice got the color right on this one. :)

BTW, if ANYONE can make a skin of the plane in the first picture with that camo scheme (the one flying low over the coast), I would be in your debt. That plane is beautiful.

Matching RL colors of a Su-27 is one helluva job, I had lots of trouble painting my Su-27K 1:48 scale but I guess it worked out fine.

Judge for your self, (photo taken in a bath tub because of the sleek & neutral background):

su331ci2.jpg

Edit:

Have U tried editing Aquarius Varun's skin (this one):

Flanker-01.jpg

Blue tones seem OK, i.e. pretty similar to those of a Lipetsk red 06 and those violet tones can be repainted into blue!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd say you did a good job on that model. The blue on the K model seems to be slightly different and the camo patter is of course a lot busier. You captures that well. :)

Yes, I've tried Aquarius Varun's skin you show there. It would be great if it were only higher rez. :( Its only 1024x1024.