Helios 1.6 - Official Thread

Hi, I am looking for a solution to make HELIOS send HID buttons (joystick buttons) press and release actions, instead of just keyboard keys. When I add Interface of that chosen device I can't add anything from device's 128 buttons for Output. I am using vJoy of GitHub to create 128 buttons device.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 months later...
В 29.07.2020 в 19:47, Capt Zeen сказал:

Всем привет!

Чтобы отпраздновать выпуск нового Гелиоса 1.6, я портировал двенадцать наиболее часто используемых профилей, и они готовы к загрузке на моем сайте http://www.captzeen.com.

Некоторые из них получили новые функции, так что обратите внимание!

Hello. I really like the Su-25T aircraft. But in the module for the Su-25T, which is made for helios, there is a mistake - the yellow arrow of the course on the navigation device shows incorrectly. I want to fix this but I can't figure out where the config files for this plane are. Mods/aircraft/Su-25T/Cockpit/Scripts/mainpanel_init.lua. - there is no such file. Can you advise? And one more thing - on some forum I read that you created a new version for Helios of the cockpit of the Su25T aircraft but did not finish it to the end. Can we hope that you will make a new version? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am looking for a way to trim the background frames for the ADI and HSI on the A10-C. Due to my setup, I have physical bezels, but using the standard instrument backgrounds, either the top of the HSI overlays the bottom of the ADI, or the bottom of the ADI overlays the top of the HSI. If I could modify one of the two to crop it slightly it would solve this, however I am unable to locate the files to modify them in an image editor. 

Can anyone advise on how to do this?

Cheers

Les 

Edited by lesthegrngo
spelling

• 1 month later...

I’m having stuttering Helios gauges. It’s bizarre really. I reduced my number of monitors to only one extra monitor running 2 Helios gauges, mt.lua from a different thread installed, graphics lua capped at maxfps =60, running openbeta multithreaded. 

there’s no performance issues with my system (it’s pretty powerful with 64gb, 7900x processor (water cooled), 4070 gpu, 4800 ram dimms. I mean, it doesn’t even break a sweat!

In the link you see a clip, which shows I’m at 57-60fps vsynced, with a theoretical 300+ gpu capability.

You can see that when it’s only sky the gauge is smooth, but with land on the view the Helios gauges stutters. You see that everything, including in game gauges , is smooth. 
I’ve included a screenshot of my dcs graphics settings. Maybe something there that I’m not aware of (which is possible as half the settings I don’t know what they do for graphics).

its also worth noting that I use a capt zeen profile for the f-16 as a basis to ensure I have the dcs connection for the gauges. on top of that I used a gauges for someone gave me, as I was told the stock Helios gauges don’t actually work. (At least I couldn’t get them to work).

I tried without vsync, and it makes no difference. I really like to get Helios working without performance issues as I don’t want to start building mechanical gauges. 

IMG_1812.jpeg

CZ_F16_Gauges.hpf

Edited by BaronVonVaderham

ok Helios does not work with modern high end hardware and/or dcs 2.9

I tried running with and without multithreaded, with and without mt.lua, with and without blocking (vs non-blocking), with and without vsync, aged with both Helios, dcs and nvidia a at various frequencies. 

I tried with a single additional monitor.

I tried with the original CZ profile  

I think that’s all I managed to find. 
any last suggestions before I throw out all LCDs?

2 hours ago, BaronVonVaderham said:

ok Helios does not work with modern high end hardware and/or dcs 2.9

I tried running with and without multithreaded, with and without mt.lua, with and without blocking (vs non-blocking), with and without vsync, aged with both Helios, dcs and nvidia a at various frequencies. 

I tried with a single additional monitor.

I tried with the original CZ profile  

I think that’s all I managed to find. 
any last suggestions before I throw out all LCDs?

May be an issue with DCS but it works flawlessly in BMS Falcon with my system, and it's fairly high end..

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

I have re-jigged my Helios set up, after which, none of the electronic displays will appear.  The remainder of the panel itself (controls, ASI, Altimeter, etc) all appear and run as expected, and supplementary panels pop up when requested.  Can some kind soul direct me to where I should be looking to make the MFCD’s etc appear?

I should add that this system has operated for the past 5 years or more, but during that period my aging brain has steadily lagged behind the technology.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having trouble getting Helios to work.

I'm trying to get it to display the F-14's HSD on a small screen, but the HSD is not showing up when I load a mission in DCS.

I've tried a couple of tutorials, but they all seem to go way to in depth in creating custom profiles, but don't cover the basics.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Here's step-by-step what I did

• I setup Helios profile editor and configured it to see the DCS install folder
  • I clicked Add Interface and selected the F-14B.
  • Double clicked the monitor I wanted to add the display to.
  • Found F14B Unmodified F14_HSD in the Simulator Viewports Tab of the Toolbox and dragged it onto the monitor.  Resizing to fit.
  • Saved Profile
  • loaded Helios Control Center
  • tabbed up&down until the name of the profile appeared in the box
  • clicked start
  • Loaded DCS and started a mission

At this point it should have populated on the screen, right?  I also tried setting the background to black or a static image, and that showed up on the screen, so I know Helios is talking to the screen.

What am I missing here?  This should be as simple as it gets.

I've included the profile I attempted to make

Edit: I found a tutorial by Overkill Simulations on Youtube that went over setting up a simple profile from start to finish, I was missing the whole monitor setup step and didn't have the right viewport interface loaded, and I had to configure the DCS settings to use Helios.

PS.  It would have been nice if the Monitor setup interface stuff was loaded automatically, since it is something you need to do on every profile.

Edited by 9thHunt
attached profile

On 1/11/2024 at 12:31 AM, slowmover said:

Hello i want to export the Left MPD when i changes seat i want also to change the view. Is  thi possible? Because i can see only the co-pilot MPD

from what I've been able to tell, it doesn't distinguish between seats.  But, you can switch profiles manually when you change seats.  Under preferences in the control center, you can set a hotkey to bring up the control center window, then you just switch to the other profile and click start.

EDIT:

Unless I did something wrong in the setup, it appears that Helios does not support on-the-fly switching between layouts.  This profile loaded fine by itself, but after I loaded a different profile  and switched back to it, it gave me an error:

{
  "product": "Helios",
  "version": "1.6.6050.1",
  "items": [
    {
      "report": [
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:50:36.593 PM",
          "status": "Helios 1.6.6050.0001\nhttps://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/"
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:50:51.222 PM",
          "status": "Loading Profile..."
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:50:51.586 PM",
          "status": "monitor setup file 'Helios.lua' in Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\MonitorSetup is up to date",
          "flags": 2
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:50:51.610 PM",
          "status": "Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\options.lua has 'Resolution' set to 2560x2720",
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:50:51.610 PM",
          "status": "Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\options.lua has 'Monitors' set to 'helios'",
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:50:51.611 PM",
          "status": "Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\options.lua has 'Fullscreen' set to True",
          "flags": 2,
          "recommendation": "Using DCS, uncheck 'Full Screen' in the 'System' options, or DCS may position your views incorrectly or even collapse all your content to the main monitor"
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:50:51.759 PM",
          "status": "Running Profile"
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:51:08.113 PM",
          "status": "Loading Profile..."
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:51:08.171 PM",
          "severity": 2,
          "status": "The viewport data for this profile is out of date",
          "recommendation": "Configure DCS Monitor Setup"
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:51:08.172 PM",
          "status": "monitor setup file 'Helios.lua' in Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\MonitorSetup is up to date",
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:51:08.172 PM",
          "status": "current profile specifies using combined monitor setup, but its own viewports are not included",
          "recommendation": "Configure DCS Monitor Setup and save the Profile to repair corrupted configuration"
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:51:08.173 PM",
          "status": "Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\options.lua has 'Resolution' set to 2560x2720",
        },
        {
          "status": "Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\options.lua has 'Monitors' set to 'helios'",
        },
        {
          "status": "Saved Games\\DCS.openbeta\\Config\\options.lua has 'Fullscreen' set to True",
          "flags": 2,
          "recommendation": "Using DCS, uncheck 'Full Screen' in the 'System' options, or DCS may position your views incorrectly or even collapse all your content to the main monitor"
        },
        {
          "timeStamp": "01/12/2024 06:51:08.229 PM",
          "status": "Failed preflight check.",
          "recommendation": "Please resolve problems or disable preflight check in preferences."
        }
      ],
      "name": "Control Center Console"
    }
  ]
}

Edited by 9thHunt
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Attempting to put a small Helios profile together from scratch for the F16 module, just to display the L\R MFDs on my (portrait mode) 800x600 Lilliput monitors today. One thing I notice is that Helios numbers the monitors completely differently than Win11 Display properties does. Is there a way to change what Helios lists as it seems that, for instance (pics attached) if I place the RMFD on the Helios #4 (Right monitor) it displays on the Win11 #4, which is the Left monitor. Just would like Helios to display the monitors numbers correctly to start out..

And yes, I have triples and usually run them in Surround but with the Varjo Aero I need to unplug one of them and run them individually, hence the odd looking setup. I like using my TM MFDs and physical ICP, so am ok running the one 2560x1440 center monitor alone. Allows me to keep manuals open on the left, which is a plus..

EDIT: I broke down and imported Capt. Zeen's profile, cut\pasted the viewports and gauges I wanted on to my MFD monitors, and deleted all that was left on the main monitor, and everything now works as expected. Will attempt to figure out what is wrong with my scratch-built profile by comparing it to what I have.. I do see right off that Zeen's Interface is "DCS Generic impersonating F-16C_50" and my interface is "DCS F-16C_50", so it looks like he wrote a custom interface

Helios Display Layout.jpg

Helios - Win11 Layout.jpg

BMS MFDs.jpg

Edited by GPatricks

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Well I had the profile running fine, today DCS loads the Login window, then authenticates and loads the NVidia splash, then loads the DCS 15 Years splash, then I get the "Unfortunately DCS has Crashed" window. If I remove the Config folder and replace it with the original folder I saved from a fresh install (before running the Interface patches required) it starts and runs normally.. As soon as I run the Helios editor with my profile, do the required "Install Patches" to finish the profile setup it's crash city... Helios is not running, and i'm still set to "1 Monitor" on my standard resolution in DCS, so it must be something in these patches.. what file contains the Interface, as it is loading patches for about 10 different planes on top of it, maybe if I could just load the F-16 set it might work...

I'm including the Crash Log stuff, maybe someone can debug it...

EDIT: I have written a custom Monitor "lua" file to import just the MFDs and that works perfect for now, will play with Helios at a later date..

dcs.log dcs.log-20240124-162139.zip

Edited by GPatricks

2020/7/30 AM12点47分,Capt Zeen说:

Hello everyone!

To celebrate the release of the new Helios 1.6, I ported the twelve most used profiles, and are ready to download on my site http://www.captzeen.com

Some of them got new features, so chek it out!

Hello Capt Zeen:

I am a rookie of DCS(steam) game player just for a few months,and i bought Flame Cliff 3 just this January,i have a lots of questiones  about the Helios using of the game,

I downloaded ur helios profiles of F15c and Su25t on ur website,and i installed it follows ur instruction and steps,

i have 2 monitors and the game or the helios are all up to date,the latest version,

The problem is:ONLY the radar of the F15c and the Shkval of the Su25t is good and synchronized,but all the RWR and the gauges is still and not synchronized,I tried so many times,even downloaded the v1.4.2018.1008 helios,but i can't solve the problem either,

so please tell me what wrong is it,i wanna konw why,thank u very much!

Finally,i found the new scripts in year2020 that u solve the gauges problem,now the gauges can synchronize,but the RWR and MPCD are stll dead,show nothing.

f15.jpg

Edited by J.Boy

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone tried to get this to work on Spitfire instruments…….   im DEEP into a full Non-VR Spitfire simpit and i’m needing to get all the instruments out of DCS. ?

I have every button/control mapped to button boxes or Authentikit controls but the missing part is gauges..

Dont want to spend days down this particular rabbit hole if i need to go the DCS-BIOS route.

Thanks in advance.

J

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

I hate to bump threads, but @Capt Zeen, can you help me figure out why my second profile isn't working?
I'd love to be able to set it up to switch between Pilot and RIO pits in the Tomcat, or even be able to use it in any other plane.  The Helios control panel appears to be designed to support this, but it doesn't work in game.

The log is in my post above

Edited by 9thHunt

• 1 month later...

Hello community,  

I am jumping heavy into the F18 and I bought winwing MIP, all the panels that’s Tekcreations sells and some stuff from PC sims.  I am building a pit out of steel based off Openhornets designs.   I want to just use a LCD screen for the standby instruments and RWR.  Any ideas what screen I should by,  size and specs, and where to buy it.  I will just 3D print a bezel to fit.  I am total noob to Helios and pretty much everything else. Thanks in advance .

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this warped HSI in Helios? It just started doing it with the latest update. It starts out normal when you start Helios and start the game, but once nullyou click FLY, it warps in to what you see in the pic. Thanks for any help!! 

image.jpeg

20240223_170659.thumb.jpg.0b9938d5d45054cbc891d3e86f1e055f.jpg

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir