ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

18 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

OSA Two -- GT.Countries = {"Algeria", "Bulgaria", "Egypt", "Cuba", "Finland", "India", "Iraq", "Libya", "Russia", "USSR", "Syria", "Vietnam", "Yemen",};

There's a wrong ensign on the Russian boat. Today Russian Navy uses the blue St. Andrew's Cross on white background. On some photos the national colors can be seen on the naval ships, but those are hoisted only during shipbuilder's trials prior to commissioning.

• Like 2

Don't worry, I crash better than anyone I know!

— Gene Ryack, 'Air America'

Good Morning & Afternoon to you all. Thank you all for your concerns. I really appreciate it. Modeling is my medication so as long as i'm modeling i'm doing ok. Thanks again.

Thanks Freddie. I wasn't aware of that. The Russian flag has been update. Thanks.

The OSA Missile Boats has been released. Thanks to HawaiianRyan for providing the 3d model and Marroux for creating the Encyclopedia file & wake mod. Enjoy!!

I disabled the Manpad surface to air missile launcher onboard OSA Two until i can declare a proper surface to air missile file.

The Project 205 Moskit[(mosquito) more commonly known by their NATO Reporting Name Osa, are a class of missile boats developed for the Soviet Navy in the late 1950s. Until 1962 this was classified as a large torpedo boats.

The Osa class is probably the most numerous class of missile boats ever built, with over 400 vessels constructed between 1960 and 1973 for both the Soviet Navy and for export to allied countries. Osa means wasp in Russian, but it is not an official name. The boats were designated as "large missile cutters" in the Soviet Navy.

OSA-MISSILE-BOATS.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

Magnificent and long-awaited. Big thanks! Great to see these assets working.

I really love finding bugs!
Sometimes ASM misses at close range. The minimum distance for launching a rocket should be entered.

Sometimes the turret fires through its own ship. Limitation on the firing sector should be introduced.

And since I’m in a hurry, I’m writing through a translator, sorry.

Edited by tripod3
  • Like 1

Hey Tripod3. I'm aware of some of the issues you mentioned. This is a BETA Version. There will be another update coming.

So when it comes to configuring the missiles to launch. Either they are too strong or not strong enough. At the moment they're configured at Mach 0.95 so if I increase the launch speed it will be faster than the specs. So it's a give or take. The issue also is the missile is launched at I guess about 20 deg angle.

The minimum distance entered is 500 meters and the max is 80 km. If you make the minimum distance too short the OSA will be hit. I will further configure the turrets on the next release.

So just a little 3D modeling education for you all to know. So below is the starboard launcher with a helper and or pointer added just to the bottom of the launcher. (The arrows) If I raise the helper it will make the missile stick outside of the top of the missile launcher. I will try configuring the missile launch configuration again but not sure I will be able to stop the missile from hitting the launcher itself. In real life, they are on a rail. Only so much we can do in DCS. Also, keep in mind the DCS Game Engine controls the missile launch.

Looking at the photo below. I'm not sure how the missile was launched as you can see it's launched at a steeper angle.

Thanks for your feedback Tripod3.

On another note all. 

At the moment I will be working on older and recent AI Ship models in the Shipyard. I'm going backwards trying to fix some of the issues that have come about. It will take some time but I will get it done. Thank you all for your interest. 

Screenshot-10-18-2023-12-36-42.png

Screenshot-10-18-2023-12-52-53.png

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Looking at the photo below. I'm not sure how the missile was launched as you can see it's launched at a steeper angle.

That might be an effect of a powerful booster positioned below COG. I wonder if the boat needed a repaint after that. 😃

Don't worry, I crash better than anyone I know!

— Gene Ryack, 'Air America'

9 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Tripod3. I'm aware of some of the issues you mentioned. This is a BETA Version. There will be another update coming.

So when it comes to configuring the missiles to launch. Either they are too strong or not strong enough. At the moment they're configured at Mach 0.95 so if I increase the launch speed it will be faster than the specs. So it's a give or take. The issue also is the missile is launched at I guess about 20 deg angle.

The minimum distance entered is 500 meters and the max is 80 km. If you make the minimum distance too short the OSA will be hit. I will further configure the turrets on the next release.

So just a little 3D modeling education for you all to know. So below is the starboard launcher with a helper and or pointer added just to the bottom of the launcher. (The arrows) If I raise the helper it will make the missile stick outside of the top of the missile launcher. I will try configuring the missile launch configuration again but not sure I will be able to stop the missile from hitting the launcher itself. In real life, they are on a rail. Only so much we can do in DCS. Also, keep in mind the DCS Game Engine controls the missile launch.

Thanks for your feedback Tripod3.

On another note all. 

At the moment I will be working on older and recent AI Ship models in the Shipyard. I'm going backwards trying to fix some of the issues that have come about. It will take some time but I will get it done. Thank you all for your interest. 

Screenshot-10-18-2023-12-36-42.png

Screenshot-10-18-2023-12-52-53.png

Hi Admiral, you're free to come back to fix this at your leisure but I want to let you know that DCS crashes whenever I try to put an Osa Two into the Mission Editor.  I don't have that problem with Osa One but I thought it's worth noting.  

Could this be something to do with the SA-N-5 Grail surface-to-air missile script from line 170 to line 190 in the Osa_Two.lua document, perhaps the GT.sensors lines in the same document, from line 199 to line 201, or some combination thereof?  

I'll cut out those lines in the document to see if my theory is correct.  I have no idea how to code, and no idea how anything here works so wish me luck, guys.  

Update:  It's made no difference. Nice. 

Edited by HighMaintenanceB

2 hours ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Hi Admiral, you're free to come back to fix this at your leisure but I want to let you know that DCS crashes whenever I try to put an Osa Two into the Mission Editor.  I don't have that problem with Osa One but I thought it's worth noting.  

FWIW, I don't see any crashes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HawaiianRyan said:

FWIW, I don't see any crashes.

Hi, I don't have any crash either, using the last Open Beta. It' probably a Mod conflict if you experience any. I love your OSA class ships, Admial ! 😀 Many thanks for all your superb naval Mods ! 👏

• Like 2

Hey HighMaintenance it doesn't crash for me. Did you try changing the coding in any way? I shared the mod I'm using in DCS. Try removing your other mods to see if you have a conflict. Usually, conflicts arise if you have two mods with the same weapon scripting. This is a simple mod so you shouldn't have any problems. 

The Manpad Missile launcher does work but it uses RIM116 at the moment until I can get it corrected. That's why I disabled it. 

Yesterday, I corrected the AK230 weapon firing arc.  Still working on the Styx missile launch.  

Thanks, Tone. Happy to hear you like it. It's another great addition to DCS.

PM me if you are still having problems HighMaintenance. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey HighMaintenance it doesn't crash for me. Did you try changing the coding in any way? I shared the mod I'm using in DCS. Try removing your other mods to see if you have a conflict. Usually, conflicts arise if you have two mods with the same weapon scripting. This is a simple mod so you shouldn't have any problems. 

The Manpad Missile launcher does work but it uses RIM116 at the moment until I can get it corrected. That's why I disabled it. 

Yesterday, I corrected the AK230 weapon firing arc.  Still working on the Styx missile launch.  

I'll let you know.  I changed the coding once, it still crashed, so I went back to the original coding you did.  I'll try removing all other mods and go from there.  

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

I'll go ahead and send you a log file if that helps.  

Seems like the recent update to Beta has messed up a bunch of mods.  Sad.  I have no ships showing up under Combined Task Force in the editor. 

I have learned a valuable lesson with this update though. 

Before updating DCS:

1. Remove all mods in the saved game back up folder.

2. Do a repair on DCS.

3. Update DCS.

4. Then add mods back in

Edited by CRUD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So far I haven't seen any issues with the update with regard to AI Ship mods not functioning properly. If you do experience issues please PM me. I have a running list of mods to repair. 

The only new update I see that we can use with ships is the ability to re-position the cameras. I haven't tried it yet but Spudknocker has a video on how to place them.

• Like 3

Hey, All just got an update that EDs Tomahawk missile is broken so I'm sure will see an update to the update. The Tomahawk also known as (TLAM) flies in circles to the left and to the right but not in the direction of the target. 

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Scr

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

So far I haven't seen any issues with the update with regard to AI Ship mods not functioning properly. If you do experience issues please PM me. I have a running list of mods to repair. 

The only new update I see that we can use with ships is the ability to re-position the cameras. I haven't tried it yet but Spudknocker has a video on how to place them.

Supposedly the Foundre is causing some problems for me according to some discord helpers but ill report back if it is or not

Thanks, Jojothebox, Foudre is on my repair list. Some have reported FPS issues. 

Below is a running list of ships that need to be repaired and or updated but not in that order. As you all can see I have quite a bit of work to do in the Shipyard but it's what I love doing.  They all will be completed in time. One model at a time. If I missed one let me know. Thanks.

With each ED update come AI Ship model issues but all we can do is repair them and keep it moving. Stay Tuned! 

---------------------------------------- SHIPYARD REPAIR LIST --------------------------------------

- OSA - Config arc and correct missile launch height - WIP

- HMS Richmond - Recreate --- WIP 

- Type 31 Frigate - WIP

- OAK Hill - Correct FPS - Update collision model

- Blue Ridge - Correct FPS - Update collision model

- San Antonio - Re-create Model - Newer model

- Tarantul - AK630 config firing angle

- Update US Coast Guard Boats - Weapons, flags, textures etc:

- Update Cruise Ship - Off Center

- Foudre - FPS Issues - Update collision model

- USS Kidd - Recreate model - USS Kidd and Spruance version - Taiwan Livery

- USS Bowen - Update

- USS Virginia - WIP

- USS Farragut - WIP

Screenshot-10-22-2023-10-00-11.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

SHIPYARD Update.

Hey guys just wanted to update you on my AI Shipyard progress. Currently, I'm working on the Type 23 Frigate Richmond, F215 Brandenburg German Frigate, USS Fitzgerald DDG-62, and the OSA Missile Boats. Below are snapshots of what's to come. I've updated the Richmond with Naval Strike Missiles. Looks like there due to upgrade the Richmond 2023/2024. What's nice is you can see the downwash from the helicopters now on the water thanks to the recent update. 

The German Frigate F215 Brandenburg was the 2nd or 3rd AI Ship mod I created back in 2020 when I first started. I just never released it. I have since upgraded all her weapons and radars. It's a low poly mod but it can hold its own in DCS so I think it will be another great addition plus there are no German ships in DCS at the moment that i know of. As mentioned I will try to create a mod for each country out there. 

All mods are still a WIP. Stay Tuned. Thanks for your interest. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

hace 1 hora, Admiral189 dijo:

SHIPYARD Update.

Hey guys just wanted to update you on my AI Shipyard progress. Currently, I'm working on the Type 23 Frigate Richmond, F215 Brandenburg German Frigate, USS Fitzgerald DDG-62, and the OSA Missile Boats. Below are snapshots of what's to come. I've updated the Richmond with Naval Strike Missiles. Looks like there due to upgrade the Richmond 2023/2024. What's nice is you can see the downwash from the helicopters now on the water thanks to the recent update. 

The German Frigate F215 Brandenburg was the 2nd or 3rd AI Ship mod I created back in 2020 when I first started. I just never released it. I have since upgraded all her weapons and radars. It's a low poly mod but it can hold its own in DCS so I think it will be another great addition plus there are no German ships in DCS at the moment that i know of. As mentioned I will try to create a mod for each country out there. 

All mods are still a WIP. Stay Tuned. Thanks for your interest. 

Type 23, Excellent!!!  

Please include the chilean skin.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1