DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

52 minutes ago, pepin1234 said:

I would like know more about that in real action war. An inspection after landing is a must. Probably in real emergency situation you can skip that. 

I had the privilege to know and converse with one of the Ukrainian Fulcrum Drivers. In one of chats we had, he described 'day in a life" where he would fly three sorties one after another, with re-arm / refuel and quick visual inspection / BDA check. 

When you imagine all the training, like road strip operations training, it is that in fact - land, grab a bite and off you go for another one! 

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

6 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

I had the privilege to know and converse with one of the Ukrainian Fulcrum Drivers. In one of chats we had, he described 'day in a life" where he would fly three sorties one after another, with re-arm / refuel and quick visual inspection / BDA check. 

When you imagine all the training, like road strip operations training, it is that in fact - land, grab a bite and off you go for another one! 

Yup, usually if a plane is kept running there is no need for extensive re-checks as most systems are up and running. No different to aerial refueling in that regard. Of course you'd take a general look for open panels and hatches or potential FOD/BD. 

Edited by Viper33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pepin1234 said:

I would like know more about that in real action war. An inspection after landing is a must. Probably in real emergency situation you can skip that. 

Yes, it is done if it is necessary - not because of inspection specifically but because hot refueling and rearming is more dangerous - the engines can hurt people and everyone is running around with explosive and flammable things.  You're probably also burning more fuel because arming takes time - even air to air missiles are huge and you only have so many people to move them and attach them.

Unfortunately I don't have any useful sources for how it's done or why for you 😞

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

2 hours ago, GGTharos said:

Yes, it is done if it is necessary - not because of inspection specifically but because hot refuelling and rearming is more dangerous - the engines can hurt people and everyone is running around with explosive and flammable things.  You're probably also burning more fuel because arming takes time - even air to air missiles are huge and you only have so many people to move them and attach them.

Unfortunately I don't have any useful sources for how it's done or why for you 😞

I would imagine the refuelling part to take more time than the re-arming for an A2A loadout.
If you only take 4 missiles even quicker.
I am sure all air forces around the world have been training for such contingencies.

P.S. MiG-29 photo of the day, relevant to the discussion.

0O7vRU_Dj3m_Gffx-dUWCe82VDwNohqvKYxXA1jgup0yZZcSv_TVg3o0mtIda1OPxIMoUYZBzW6w7EDpX3J47ccC.jpg

• Thanks 2

Авиабаза 1521, Мары - Центр боевого применения | Airbase 1521, Mary - Combat Operations Center

Авиабаза_1521_Мары_logo_extra_sm.png

Daily MiG-29 - Polish Air Force 'red' 114

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 4

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

14 hours ago, Ronin_Gaijin said:

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29_vol.5 (04).jpg

Whoever edited the picture... I'll just say "Hey! What are you doing?!"

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

10 hours ago, draconus said:

Whoever edited the picture... I'll just say "Hey! What are you doing?!"

Kомандир!

• Like 1

Авиабаза 1521, Мары - Центр боевого применения | Airbase 1521, Mary - Combat Operations Center

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 11:21 PM, Ronin_Gaijin said:

Daily MiG-29
Polish Air Force

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29_vol.5 (05).jpg

Hopefully the Devs are looking at that example and building the housing for an NS 430 GPS as a selectable option into their model from release

• Like 2

Cheers.

18 hours ago, okopanja said:

With risk that this might have been posted before Mig-29 from different air forces:

Amazing video!
It really embodies the love of flying the MiG-29!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir