DCS MiG-29A

Krippz

New forum header 🙂🙃🙃

Edit: when i posted the header, it was because i was happy to see the MiG-29 in it and it fueled hope to maybe see news soon; maybe see some speculations going in the thread. I am not very familiar with liveries and hence did not pay attention to it. Took me a few days to realize what folks below my post were talking about. Agree with HansPeter this was a bad choice, especially when you add a "no political discussions" policy on top. What did they think would happen?! "Here is a bone, but don't dare to chew on it!". One needs to be quite diluted to not see yet another political message here. Cookie cutter opinions and reminders forced down your throat on every corner. I am so tired of this.

image.png

Edited by Schlingel mit Kringel
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Schlingel mit Kringel said:

New forum header 🙂🙃🙃

image.png

As much as I am looking forward to this Module getting released this year, I Initially was quite excited to see it in the Forum header.
But eventually it could cause some concerns here.
Given the current times I would have chosen a different Livery for this banner, here in the Forum and also on the Webshop.

I enjoyed the strict neutrality until now!

Also given it will be released as a 80s module it should be advertised with an according Livery.

Edited by HansPeter1981
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My System specs: Cpu 5800x3d liquid cooled GPU 7900XTX Ram 32GB 3600mhz cl16 Motherboard B550M MSI, Windows 10 PRO on NVMe Drive, DCS on its own SSD, Monitor Philips 32" 4k curved adaptive Sync framerate capped at 59fps, Trackir 5, VKB 

5 часов назад, HansPeter1981 сказал:

As much as I am looking forward to this Module getting released this year, I Initially was quite excited to see it in the Forum header.
But eventually it could cause some concerns here.
Given the current times I would have chosen a different Livery for this banner, here in the Forum and also on the Webshop.

I enjoyed the strict neutrality until now!

Also given it will be released as a 80s module it should be advertised with an according Livery.

yeah, it`s a 80s module but as i know(i might be wrong) Ukrainian air force are using MiG-29A so this livery is kinda accurate, but it couldn`t exist in 80`s so you might be right

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HansPeter1981 said:

Livery is fine, especially in the current times. That it's an 80s aircraft doesn't mean it can't fly today or can't be placed as forum banner. It's not like they've shown some new variant.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Besides field mods, Ukrainian MiG-29s flying today aren't too different from the ones from the 80s, which is causing some problems on the battlefield (not unlike what DCS players always complain about, Russians have Fox 3s and they have only Fox 1s). At most, they have a commercial GPS unit stuck on top of the HUD repeater.

• Like 3

• ED Team

Folks enjoy the forum for DCS please keep away from politics or we will have to moderate here and we do not want to do that. 

Discuss the MiG-29A in this thread  

Thank you 

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah.

EWTTS. You know what it means, please dont take this from us...not here of all the places...

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

"At most, they have a commercial GPS unit stuck on top of the HUD repeater." I wouldnt mind commercial GPS on future FF Mig, but also current FC3 modules, but in 3d form inside cockpit, not flat overlays like we have now with NS-430 on FC3. Gazelle get tablet with GPS in one of latest updates, not bad idea for devs to follow IMO

Edited by Ramius007

The Mig-29 is a beautiful plane but will it have an AWACS datalink?  If it doesn't, it will be a very expensive version of an almost useless FC3 plane......   As a person who flies  mainly REDFOR aircraft, I won't be buying it if it doesn't have an AWACS datalink......Just Saying.....

It has a GCI data link, though it won't be present at early access.

I assume that the AEW&C aircraft like the A-50 would feed information to the GCI network. The only hiccup here though is I thought that, at least in Soviet times, the A-50s were under the PVO? Whereas the MiG-29 is operated by the VVS.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

8 minutes ago, Blackhawk NC said:

The Mig-29 is a beautiful plane but will it have an AWACS datalink?  If it doesn't, it will be a very expensive version of an almost useless FC3 plane......   As a person who flies  mainly REDFOR aircraft, I won't be buying it if it doesn't have an AWACS datalink......Just Saying.....

The DL in Mig-29A will be the one received from ground station GCI. However, the GCI controller himself could have received the picture from nearby radar, but also others that were transmitted, and this capability also included integration with passive sensors and AWACS (even during 70s there was quiet a sophisticated background infrastructure). It was assumed that a single flight would attack the single target under direction of GCI officer.

Not sure how far the ED will go, but there is also a Mig-23 module which has the same DL, so we can perhaps expects this to be implement at some point (maybe not initially).

1 minute ago, Northstar98 said:

The only hiccup here though is I thought that, at least in Soviet times, the A-50s were under the PVO? Whereas the MiG-29 is operated by the VVS.

When equipping the PVO (of territory) had a priority over the troop PVO. This means that they often shared the equipment, so some technical interoperability was there even if organizational interoperability can be questioned. In DCS there is a mixture of both.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackhawk NC said:

The datalink present on our version of the MiG-29 allowed a ground based navigator to guide the interceptor onto a target or group of targets. We're not going to get an airspace picture in the same sense we do in the Viper or Hornet, only flight directions to a target. The TAF in the Mirage is perhaps the closest analogue we have right now. I've no idea if the system will be able to execute any complex intercept geometries, or if it'll simply point as at the target, and what control, if any, we'll get over the target selection, but I recommend to temper your expectations.

• Like 2

As I read more and more about this new full fidelity Mig-29, it is becoming less likely I will spend any money to purchase it. Seems like a probable waste of money. I might be wrong but nothing I have read so far leads me to believe it will be much better than the FC3 version and will probably be just as useless.

3 hours ago, lmp said:

The datalink present on our version of the MiG-29 allowed a ground based navigator to guide the interceptor onto a target or group of targets. We're not going to get an airspace picture in the same sense we do in the Viper or Hornet, only flight directions to a target. The TAF in the Mirage is perhaps the closest analogue we have right now. I've no idea if the system will be able to execute any complex intercept geometries, or if it'll simply point as at the target, and what control, if any, we'll get over the target selection, but I recommend to temper your expectations.

The intercept route is proportional navigation for either a head on intercept or for stern conversion. You should get rough heading range and commanded altitude, then by following the targeting circle/ILS markers you will be guided on this proportional navigation intercept route, almost exactly the same path as if you had fired a missile 

• Like 3

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

3 hours ago, Blackhawk NC said:

As I read more and more about this new full fidelity Mig-29, it is becoming less likely I will spend any money to purchase it. Seems like a probable waste of money. I might be wrong but nothing I have read so far leads me to believe it will be much better than the FC3 version and will probably be just as useless.

The primary difference will be in the systems modelling. We will not be getting a more modern version of this MiG. So, if you consider the FV3 version not worth flying, this one won't be either.

• Like 4

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:18 PM, Northstar98 said:

It has a GCI data link, though it won't be present at early access.

I assume that the AEW&C aircraft like the A-50 would feed information to the GCI network. The only hiccup here though is I thought that, at least in Soviet times, the A-50s were under the PVO? Whereas the MiG-29 is operated by the VVS.

There was interoperability between PVO and VVS. The MiG-29 is mentioned in a lot of PVO documentation.
Belonging in different units of the armed forces does not mean that they did not work together.

MiG-29_VVS_and_PVO.jpg
"MiG-29 fighters were designed as universal for use in the Air Force (BBC) and for the country's air defense (ΠΒΟ)."

Edited by Ronin_Gaijin
  • Like 1

Авиабаза 1521, Мары - Центр боевого применения | Airbase 1521, Mary - Combat Operations Center

Авиабаза_1521_Мары_logo_extra_sm.png