Through The Inferno (Syria) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Ever since the start of December, i just can't get a break with the Syria server, and i get random crashes to desktop. Sometimes while still starting up on the deck of the Super Carrier, and sometime after flying around for a bit, but a crash is a certainty. Sometimes the crashes happen on the Caucasus server as well, but not as often and not as regular. I run no mods, except for a few custom made skins, the A-4 and the T-45. 

My setup:
CPU: i5 9600KF
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: NVIDEA GF RTX 3060 with 12GB VRAM
SSD for a hard drives, both the system drive and game drive.

The only thing different i noticed from before is that the ping went up from the usual 160-170, to 180-190. However, the ping on the Caucasus is usually higher, and that results in less crashes. Anyone has any ideas what the crashes may be caused by? I don't get them on any other servers, nor in SP. 

Thanks in advance! 

EDIT: here is my latest DCS log file, from last night (this morning) if it's of any help:

dcs.log

Edited by captain_dalan

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 12/24/2022 at 8:16 PM, captain_dalan said:

Ever since the start of December, i just can't get a break with the Syria server, and i get random crashes to desktop. Sometimes while still starting up on the deck of the Super Carrier, and sometime after flying around for a bit, but a crash is a certainty. Sometimes the crashes happen on the Caucasus server as well, but not as often and not as regular. I run no mods, except for a few custom made skins, the A-4 and the T-45. 

My setup:
CPU: i5 9600KF
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: NVIDEA GF RTX 3060 with 12GB VRAM
SSD for a hard drives, both the system drive and game drive.

The only thing different i noticed from before is that the ping went up from the usual 160-170, to 180-190. However, the ping on the Caucasus is usually higher, and that results in less crashes. Anyone has any ideas what the crashes may be caused by? I don't get them on any other servers, nor in SP. 

Thanks in advance! 

EDIT: here is my latest DCS log file, from last night (this morning) if it's of any help:

dcs.log 226.05 kB · 0 downloads

Hi thanks for coming to me with the issues you're having with the MP servers. This forum is for the SP mission but I'll gladly try to see if I can help you.

I've noticed playing a lot of SP campaigns/missions, there are some issues when my DCS TEMP folder in the AppData gets full, I routinely delete/clear it out, and I even made a bat file to clear it out before I launch DCS.

Try looking here and deleting everything this folder: C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\DCS.openbeta, it wont break anything.

You could also try running a repair/clean, as well as making sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Clearing out the metashaders/fxo (via C:\Users\YOUR USER\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta) was an old trick as well, might be worth doing that again.

Also I'd refrain from mods that modify the main installation folder for DCS, but these days most mods are only going to saved games anyway. - These are very basic fixes here, so see how far this may get you.

Feel free to ask me or anyone on our discord for further help, thanks!

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, deadlyfishes said:

Hi thanks for coming to me with the issues you're having with the MP servers. This forum is for the SP mission but I'll gladly try to see if I can help you.

I've noticed playing a lot of SP campaigns/missions, there are some issues when my DCS TEMP folder in the AppData gets full, I routinely delete/clear it out, and I even made a bat file to clear it out before I launch DCS.

Try looking here and deleting everything this folder: C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\DCS.openbeta, it wont break anything.

You could also try running a repair/clean, as well as making sure your GPU drivers are up to date. Clearing out the metashaders/fxo (via C:\Users\YOUR USER\\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta) was an old trick as well, might be worth doing that again.

Also I'd refrain from mods that modify the main installation folder for DCS, but these days most mods are only going to saved games anyway. - These are very basic fixes here, so see how far this may get you.

Feel free to ask me or anyone on our discord for further help, thanks!

Thanks mate. Sorry for the late reply, i was just away from DCS for the holidays. I found the solution, and it turned out to be the size of my virtual memory page file. I had it set under 32 gigs. And it looks like that wasn't enough! I will clear out the temp folder though, as it seems like a good practice! 

Thanks again and happy holidays! 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Update January 12, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.0a

• Added Black Shark 3 module

• Added new optional expansion script for popular flyable DCS Aircraft Mods (F-22A, F-35, Su-30, and more!)

• Restored "A2A Hard" to just be a regular A2A spawn using the A2A HARD template

• Previously, A2A Hard was setup as the A2A Enemy Elite Squadron spawn, but now this has it's own new spawn type as "A2A Enemy Elite Sqn" in the menu. This utilizes the A2A HARD template list as a spawning pool for now.

• Added "SINGLE MISSION MODE" which is a great way to save on performance or simply let the mission decide which mission you need to tackle, by spawning in ONE SINGLE MISSION at a time, randomly choosing which mission type is spawned.

• a new mission type will spawn (never the same one twice), and which mission types are in rotation are editable in the mission settings.
  • Added Anti-Ship Convoy missions, they are the same as Ground Convoy Missions, but at sea! Corresponding configurable options are available, along with editable templates in the mission editor, again same as the ground convoys. Obviously, this mission type is not available on maps where ships cannot be placed normally. (NTTR)
  • Disabled Anti-Ship (Static) missions by default, and lieu of that, enabled Anti-Ship Convoy missions by default.

• Added 7 more potential ground convoy routes to add much more variety to convoy missions.

• Fixed an issue where -destroy and -smoke Zeus commands did not work unless done on low altitude ground. These commands should now work on any altitude of ground as expected.

• Added a new RAT menu option to spawn all CVN assets that have not already been initialized.

• Added option to have "A2A Constant" enemy air spawns respawn after a kill. Currently by default and previously, A2A Constant spawns happens on a timer, and you can optionally switch to this new option for constant spawns to happen after the constant A2A enemy aircraft group is destroyed.

• Added a F10 Other menu option to disable A2A auto-spawns while mid-mission.

• Optional Expansion scripts now allow for custom airfield spawn locations

• Added options in mission settings to change unit threshold amounts, which determines how many units remain before the mission clears itself out to avoid issues where it may be impossible to find/destroy the last remaining unit.

• Made EWRS update interval and display time more reasonable by default. You can still change these settings in-game and/or within the mission settings that you edit in the Mission Editor.

• Added an option to make EWRS AWACS auto-reports on or off by default.

• Added an option to change EWRS display time.

• Fixed an issue where A2A Helo missions were not spawning from the correct spawning pool list.

• Further polish and cleaning up of the organization of the F10 Other Menu for ease of use.

• Allowed Carrier Deck layout menu in the Cold War era.

• Allowed more RAT Carrier aircraft in Cold War Era

• Carrier aircraft slots initialize Carrier RAT AI planes, Carrier deck statics. Modded aircraft that can spawn on carriers will now also trigger these spawns.
  • When ground missions with available WPT initializes, the message of the new mission will display with the WPT number.

• Optionally installed modded player aircraft spawns trigger their respective tankers and logistics.

• Further improvements to mission detection logic that should alleviate some script processing performance.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177ydPq1tJsOli7tKKKAuPxybfOw2yAo5

Edited by deadlyfishes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

Update February 3, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.2a

• Added Mirage F1-EE module. Mission will spawn the proper tanker for this module as well.

• Mission now recognizes several mod aircraft as tanker-compatible aircraft (F-22A will spawn the boom tanker for example)

• Fixed an issue on Caucasus where a helo mission marker was slightly offset.

• Ground convoys both red and blue are now randomized at EACH spawn, utilizing the standard 'spawning pool list' method. This means convoy templates are no longer edited within the mission editor.
  • ease check documentation on how to edit convoy spawning pools

• Fixed an issue where the tankers were spawning too low below low cloud layers.

• Fixed an issue in Random Air Traffic script where too many AV-8B's were spawning on the LHA-1, along with too many helos. This number has been reduced and options were added.

• Added an option to remove debug options such as "End Mission" from the F-10 debug menu.

• Added red/blue_ship_supplytilde to spawning pools and the Zeus spawning list. Check documentation for details.

• Added red/blue_ship_ls_ropucha to spawning pools and the Zeus spawning list. Check documentation for details.

• "I'm hit ejecting"/"Eject" friendly voice lines will not play if the aircraft that gets destroyed is an un-manned aircraft (drone).

• Helicopter related scripts (CTLD, CSAR) will now only load if and when a player occupies a helicopter slot. FARPs are still usable for other aircraft even without CTLD or CSAR scripts.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation:
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

Update March 1, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.3a

• Added A2G SEAD mission type with proper options to enable/disable autostart, AFAC/JTACs at mission etc...

• Fixed the AI F-15E loadouts to be a bit more realistic.

• AWACS will reset after a few hours.

• Added debug option in F10 - Other menu to reset AWACS manually.

• Fixed some sounds from the Enhancer Script not playing properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"

Anyone else having trouble getting 2.4.3a (Aleppo) to launch using the latest OB and MT? Get to the map screen and start mission, and it just hangs then get a DCS error pop-up.

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

23 minutes ago, zildac said:

Anyone else having trouble getting 2.4.3a (Aleppo) to launch using the latest OB and MT? Get to the map screen and start mission, and it just hangs then get a DCS error pop-up.

14 hours ago, deadlyfishes said:

TTI SP is crashing in MT. - I found a fix for this, and will likely update in a few hours. Just letting folks know it's being fixed soon! MT is awesome for TTI, and I can't wait for everyone to enjoy better performance.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zildac said:
1 hour ago, trindade said:

Great news! And many thanks.

1 hour ago, trindade said:

Update March 11, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.4a

• Fixed a major crash/CTD, and loading issue with DCS 2.8.3.37556 Open Beta Multi-Threading (MT). - This version now works and is fully compatible with Multi-Threading (MT).

• Fixed an issue where CTLD and CSAR menus were not loading.

• Fixed an issue where enabling the WW2 Asset Pack units were breaking the scripting environment.

• Added new customizable settings to adjust tanker speed.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177ydPq1tJsOli7tKKKAuPxybfOw2yAo5
  • Thanks 3

"Through The Inferno"

Just an observation but using the latest (2.4.4a) and DCS MT exe the smoke markers for the active A2G areas are huge, and also appear to be on fire. This makes it almost impossible to find "stuff" with the POD if it's near the marker. I know there are currently some lighting and atmospherics issues present in the OB MT build, is this related? Screenshots attached, but they don't really do the issue justice. This issue certainly wasn't present in the previous versions.

EDIT: OK, this issue only occurs using the MT EXE, the smoke markers are fine using ST

Screen_230313_123233.jpgScreen_230313_123236.jpg

Screen_230314_122448.jpg

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 3/13/2023 at 5:47 AM, zildac said:

Just an observation but using the latest (2.4.4a) and DCS MT exe the smoke markers for the active A2G areas are huge, and also appear to be on fire. This makes it almost impossible to find "stuff" with the POD if it's near the marker. I know there are currently some lighting and atmospherics issues present in the OB MT build, is this related? Screenshots attached, but they don't really do the issue justice. This issue certainly wasn't present in the previous versions.

EDIT: OK, this issue only occurs using the MT EXE, the smoke markers are fine using ST

Screen_230313_123233.jpgScreen_230313_123236.jpg

Screen_230314_122448.jpg

Yeah looks like feedback we need to send to ED perhaps 🙂

"Through The Inferno"

10 minutes ago, deadlyfishes said:

Yeah looks like feedback we need to send to ED perhaps 🙂

Done 👍

And someone else has also reported it:

Although apparently, ED are unable to reproduce and need a track 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, zildac said:

Done 👍

And someone else has also reported it:

Although apparently, ED are unable to reproduce and need a track 🤷‍♂️

I'll see if I can make a single mission example miz in that thread.

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 4:36 PM, SickSidewinder9 said:

No one?  Was it a fluke?

Might have something to do with talking to the ATC to the carrier.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 1:48 AM, Beltza said:

Hello Deadlyfishes.

I'm a absolute fan of yours missions. Thanks for it.

I have a problem: In the last versión, V2.4.4a, at least in the Syria map, I can`t redraw the mission zone. I move the unit and the waypoints, but the units apear  out of this redraw.

Perhaps the connections aren't defined properly or the unit changed name? Could you show me a screenshot of the editor that you drew and also the outcome of it in-game?

"Through The Inferno"

11 hours ago, Beltza said:

This is Aleppo Version.

FPNDrqj.jpeg

QBZ6H3j.jpg

mz94QlM.jpg

3uRMAt7.jpg

hAGv2U4.jpg

izLuLeQ.jpg

Thanks for your attention.

Ah, okay got it. Looks like it's not taking the polygon zone properly. There is a config option to allow for polygon zones or not, see if that's set properly.

image.png

I'll double check this on my end thanks for the screen shots !

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

1 hour ago, deadlyfishes said:

Ah, okay got it. Looks like it's not taking the polygon zone properly. There is a config option to allow for polygon zones or not, see if that's set properly.

image.png

I'll double check this on my end thanks for the screen shots !

Aaaahhh! It is my fault, I've changed it.

Thank you.

Update June 11, 2023 - 1: TTI SP v2.4.5a

• Added new TTI Sinai SP Maps that include two variations - Cairo and Northern regions.

• Su-24M CAS variant now available as enemy AI in spawning pools and Zeus.

• Fixed an issue where friendly CAP reinforcements were not taking off on the proper airfield on some TTI SP Maps.

• Template AWACS unit re-named to ensure that F-14A/B datalink information is more clear which one is a template unit and is inactive.

• Fixed compatibility issues with the TTI SP Normandy - Normandy 2 is now fully working and compatible.

• Any and all new features above have been updated in detail in the TTI SP Tutorials and Guides Documentation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Through The Inferno"