[NOT A BUG] Mav IR bug

marcoacv

I just spend an evening with the squad (4 persons tonight) firing -E and -F Mavs entirely without issue - what problem are you experiencing?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

If you have a TGT created and go to the HSI DATA page, any button you press within that page or any subpage will command an UNDESIGNATE action and remove the TGT.

I believe this detail is the cause of the bugs even in maverick-f.

Before the update it was possible to place the tgp in any place and the WPT key was kept this way. After today's update as soon as the tgp is placed, TGT in box is created.

• ED Team

Hi,

if you are using the TDC depress with the TGP, when you make the MAV SOI and uncage it will go to the same point as the TGP.

If you are using TGT on the HSI it will move to that point when uncaged.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

if you are using the TDC depress with the TGP, when you make the MAV SOI and uncage it will go to the same point as the TGP.

If you are using TGT on the HSI it will move to that point when uncaged.

I understand, in fact I managed to launch doing this uncaged step before reporting here. I just thought there was something wrong because the missile reticulum was no longer following the TGP.

I just slew the maverick directly by undesignating target after mav is slewed roughly to right area. At some point it will acquire IR lock. Not going into PTRK in pod and just following enemy manually and redesignating target also works.

Both are a bit of pain though if using stock Warthog HOTAS slew stick

Untick realistic Slew if A10C Throttle

I have %100 better results when my Realistic Slew option is unticked.. I use Warthog Throttle. Also, environmental conditions & the landscape can play a part in accurately nailing your targets. I discussed this & demo'd it in a vid I did a couple of months back for a 4 strike in one pass.

:)

1748033891_UNTICKEDREALISTICTDCSLEW.thumb.png.91cdfb907224c832c7e83cc539f92c9c.png

Edited by GazAce
Afterthought

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

... and the maverick still overrides hotas inputs to the TGP even when not SOI

What do you mean by that? I used the MAV today first time and man-missle-interface concept seemed quite, well, lackluster to me. Far from intuitive what is doing what when what is SOI, designated, uncaged...

Trying to learn...

For the time being, I use the pod to designate the general area of the target,assign the TDC to the MAVF page and uncage the missile. Then I undesignate and use the TDC to lock up my targets manually- basically doing it the old-school way.

Right now, despite what Big Newy said, I find that the integration of the pod and the IR-Maverick is broken.

Best regards,

Cepheus76

What do you mean by that? I used the MAV today first time and man-missle-interface concept seemed quite, well, lackluster to me. Far from intuitive what is doing what when what is SOI, designated, uncaged...

Trying to learn...

He means the FOV/ FLIR switch, when MAV is displayed this switch will work f r the MAV only regardless of TDS priority. That's intended behaviour.