[FIXED INTERNALLY] Wheels spin for ever while gear up

aldox

While flying with a friend noticed that the wheels keep spinning forever after take off and after landing the nose wheel didn't seem to move even tho my friend had nose wheel steering on and he was able to turn on his screen

Will upload track of the mission and all the stuff needed later

While flying with a friend noticed that the wheels keep spinning forever after take off and after landing the nose wheel didn't seem to move even tho my friend had nose wheel steering on and he was able to turn on his screen

Will upload track of the mission and all the stuff needed later

I always assumed air resistance moved them, I think I’ve noticed that before

• ED Team

I believe it might be fixed internally, I only was able to reproduce the nose wheel spinning after take off in OB, none of our internal versions seem to be doing it. I will mark it fixed, but leave this open incase I am mistaken.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 1 year later...

Well, the Wheels on the A10 do move freely while retracted, this is intended.

What´s strange is that this also appears on other aircraft 🙂 Is this also visible for the pilot or only for other clients ?

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

1 hour ago, Jel said:

Well, the Wheels on the A10 do move freely while retracted, this is intended.

What´s strange is that this also appears on other aircraft 🙂 Is this also visible for the pilot or only for other clients ?

At the risk of being pedantic, during landing gear retraction the brakes are applied to stop wheel rotation.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb jaylw314:

At the risk of being pedantic, during landing gear retraction the brakes are applied to stop wheel rotation.

at the risk of being pedantic, during retraction yes but once retracted they aren´t 🙂 

Brakes CAN be applied on retracted gear, but they do turn freely unless you hit the brakes.

This is intentional for an emergency landing (and stopping) with gear failure.

Need more information ? Check 14:10 here:

Edited by Jel
  • Like 1

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

15 hours ago, Jel said:

at the risk of being pedantic, during retraction yes but once retracted they aren´t 🙂 

Brakes CAN be applied on retracted gear, but they do turn freely unless you hit the brakes.

Partially correct. The wheels actually cannot move freely in flight. The hydraulic system that raises the gear applies the break on the way up to stop them. Then in the gear well there is a spring loaded brace mechanism that holds them firmly enough to prevent rotation due to aerodynamic drag. That brace is week enough that wheels will still be able to turn freely if the jet lands gear up. 

Edited by ASAP
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Jel said:

LOL, yes you outpedanticked me (making up a new word there) 🙂  I had assumed when you mentioned extended and retracted that you were talking about the transition.