Change the default view of the cockpit on startup

sobe

I use Helios so I do not need so much of the cockpit in my main monitor. I would like the HUD to be about 2 inches lower down so less of the cockpit is showing in the default F1 view. Any suggestions on how to change the default view changed? I never have any luck using snap views when I tried that method.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Sorry for Delay EasyEB. I was happy with the A-10C seat position so didn't change it but did save the FOV zoom to the default setting no problem.

I'll give it a try next time I'm on and check.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 2 months later...
Am 10.10.2020 um 21:40 schrieb rob10:

Not sure this will help you, but IIRC there is a setting you need to tick to allow it you to save custom views.

4th tab from the left in options, just above "show pilot..."

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

By default you can't save custom snap views. Go into options>misc and look for the checkbox User Snap-View Saving. Then "slot0" saved view will be your default.

From memory the way you save a particular snap slot is first use that slot. This causes the last used snap slot to be that one. Then adjust the view as needed. Once ready press the key command to save snap view. This will save into the last-activated slot number. If you never activate any slot numbers before pressing save it should save in slot0.

I have this problem too, and I've had Save View checked for like forever.

BTW I'm in VR, so maybe that plays a role too, but when I start Oculus home I ALWAYS center everything before starting DCS.

Also, since about a couple of weeks, sometimes when getting into the A-10C cockpit the first time in a mission, my view is pressed with my nose against the instrument panel. I have to use <NUM-/> to move way back to get a normal view.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Captain Orso said:

BTW I'm in VR, so maybe that plays a role too, but when I start Oculus home I ALWAYS center everything before starting DCS.

Also, since about a couple of weeks, sometimes when getting into the A-10C cockpit the first time in a mission, my view is pressed with my nose against the instrument panel. I have to use <NUM-/> to move way back to get a normal view.

Try mapping ReCenter VR headset (under Controls/UI layer ) I usually press this at the main menu. Though I will still often end up right offset just a touch when spawning to cockpit. Then just Rshift+RCtrl Numpad 4 a few times

Edit: Just realized that I'd always had that save custom views box ticked. Maybe it's backward with VR, because I just unchecked it and now I start middle/middle in the cockpit.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

9 hours ago, Sr. said:

Try mapping ReCenter VR headset (under Controls/UI layer ) I usually press this at the main menu. Though I will still often end up right offset just a touch when spawning to cockpit. Then just Rshift+RCtrl Numpad 4 a few times

Edit: Just realized that I'd always had that save custom views box ticked. Maybe it's backward with VR, because I just unchecked it and now I start middle/middle in the cockpit.

Hmmm... I'll have to try un-ticking it to see what happens.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 12/20/2020 at 6:02 PM, Captain Orso said:

hey!

i also use VR and i used to move my head a bit forward and down to recenter my view every time i entered the plane.

now, i don't need to do that anymore.

i have "save view" checked and i adjusted my position with RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD MINUS, then saved it with RALT+NUMPAD 0.

since you don't mention saving it at the end, maybe that's what you're missing out?

2 hours ago, aledmb said:

hey!

i also use VR and i used to move my head a bit forward and down to recenter my view every time i entered the plane.

now, i don't need to do that anymore.

i have "save view" checked and i adjusted my position with RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUMPAD MINUS, then saved it with RALT+NUMPAD 0.

since you don't mention saving it at the end, maybe that's what you're missing out?

I've always had the 'save view' option checked. I'm also very aware to save the view with <RAlt><NUM-0>.

It seems to me DCS is saying, "you are using an HMD, so we will ignore what you have saved and let you reset your camera view again, just because". That's the way it acts anyway.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 2 years later...

hate to bring this thread back from the dead but:

The movement controls (cockpit view up, left, down) dont seem to work for me.

I use a Tobii EyeTracker 5, and I'm trying to set the default cockpit view to look more up toward the horizon but I'm not sure which file to edit.

Ive edited View.lua in savedgames, within DCS root, and seemingly edited vAngle for the a-10 anywhere i could find it...but its not working

I'm at a loss and desperate for clear instructions.