DiCE: DCS Integrated Countermeasure Editor by Bailey (v6 MAY2023)

Bailey

Hi Bailey, great mod, thanks! Is there a way to set the number of flares etc within the mod? I know you can do this via the ground crew, but just wondered if it was possible in the mod easily? Alternatively, where in the sim does it set the default number of both and is it editable ? 

Cheers! 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

1 hour ago, markturner1960 said:

Hi Bailey, great mod, thanks! Is there a way to set the number of flares etc within the mod? I know you can do this via the ground crew, but just wondered if it was possible in the mod easily? Alternatively, where in the sim does it set the default number of both and is it editable ? 

Cheers! 

Check under your "Special" options, there's several individual settings that you can configure.

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Despayre said:

Check under your "Special" options, there's several individual settings that you can configure.

He means the total number of consumables available…

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

5 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Cheers! 

Thank you! To my knowledge, it is not setable in a reliable way. 

Edited by Bailey

OK, no probs, will use ground crew! Thanks again!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the mod is now broke with the new IC check requirements.

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

20 hours ago, DSplayer said:

Looks like the mod is now broke with the new IC check requirements.

If you are still having issues, please provide more information. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

If you are still having issues, please provide more information. 

ED understands there's a bug with IC connecting to the 2nd server in a session will trigger it even if pure scripts is disabled on both servers. 

Hope they should patch it soon. A few things need patching like the Ka-50 cockpit issues so hotfix is probably on the way. 

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

I did notice that DICE stopped working for me with the 2.8 update, however reinstalling DICE seems to have fixed it.

I also found something odd with DICE in the Viper (although it might be present for other modules, I haven't checked yet).  When I first went through the countermeasure  programs on the DED, program 1 had a chaff release set after I specifically set DICE to not dispense chaff in that program.  Cycling through the other programs and back to program 1 seems to have fixed it.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Wingless091 said:

When I first start the game I do not have any IC issues and am able to join multiplayer servers. Once I leave a server however I get IC fails and have to restart the game to clear the IC fail.

It's the new integrity check option came with 2.8. it'll detect if any .lua files changed in the module installs, and will give IC fail if you play with any of those modules.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tdk said:

So we can't modify the CMS program without the IC fail now?

If the server has "Pure Scripts" setting enabled, correct. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth I've found the majority of servers don't use pure scripts. Even PvP servers like Enigmas and Tempest allow mods and don't have pure scripts on. 

The only server I used that enables it is Hoggit, because they said they have free to play griefers. So I just deleted them from my favs list and don't use anymore. 

• 1 month later...

Aaah, so this IC bug is known. I was wondering what was up with DiCE and why it wasn't working anymore. I usually only play on Hoggit servers cuz I still suck at the game, so that's why I kept getting kicked. Guess I'll play on other servers till it's fixed. 

On 3/2/2023 at 3:25 AM, RootBeerTuna said:

Aaah, so this IC bug is known. I was wondering what was up with DiCE and why it wasn't working anymore. I usually only play on Hoggit servers cuz I still suck at the game, so that's why I kept getting kicked. Guess I'll play on other servers till it's fixed. 

It's not a bug anymore, just Hoggit admins don't want to fix it. They leave pure scripts on. For some reason it's the server of choice for cheat griefers (though why you'd cheat in PvE is beyond me) and they don't have time to ban them or something.

There are plenty of other servers, since you're new I recommend TTI (through the inferno) it's quite good with well set out missions in various difficulties you can choose from.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 10:35 PM, TAIPAN_ said:

It's not a bug anymore, just Hoggit admins don't want to fix it. They leave pure scripts on. For some reason it's the server of choice for cheat griefers (though why you'd cheat in PvE is beyond me) and they don't have time to ban them or something.

There are plenty of other servers, since you're new I recommend TTI (through the inferno) it's quite good with well set out missions in various difficulties you can choose from.

Oh, I'm just not bothering with DiCE anymore. But, thanks for the server recommendation. I've been getting kind of sick of Hoggit. I've heard of TTI but I don't think I've ever played on it. I'll definitely check it out. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I'm getting an issue where the script can't access the countermeasure files because of write protection (apparently).

2023-04-11 15:40:13.561 ERROR   EDCORE (Main): [C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua] CreateFile(REWRITE): Access is denied.
2023-04-11 15:40:13.561 ERROR   EDCORE (Main): Can't open file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua' from fs.
2023-04-11 15:40:13.561 ERROR   LuaHooks (Main): [string "C:\Users\Kristian\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\DiCE-hook.lua"]:705: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

The file itself is not read-only, but it seems like all the folders in the DCS directory are. And I'm not sure if it's a windows problem, but I can't seem to be able to make the folders non-protected.

Any tips?

On 4/12/2023 at 1:06 AM, VKing said:

I'm getting an issue where the script can't access the countermeasure files because of write protection (apparently).

2023-04-11 15:40:13.561 ERROR   EDCORE (Main): [C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua] CreateFile(REWRITE): Access is denied.
2023-04-11 15:40:13.561 ERROR   EDCORE (Main): Can't open file 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua' from fs.
2023-04-11 15:40:13.561 ERROR   LuaHooks (Main): [string "C:\Users\Kristian\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\DiCE-hook.lua"]:705: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

The file itself is not read-only, but it seems like all the folders in the DCS directory are. And I'm not sure if it's a windows problem, but I can't seem to be able to make the folders non-protected.

Any tips?

It's a windows Program File issue. Either install DCS in a different directory or run DCS in Admin Mode. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

It's a windows Program File issue. Either install DCS in a different directory or run DCS in Admin Mode. 

Yea, that was it. I don't know why it stopped working in the first place, but it works again now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the last update broke DICE. Is there something I need to do to make it work now? I used to just wiggle one of the sliders after an update and it was fine, now it does not change the program. I double checked and am using the right everything like before, the button hasn't changed or anything, but it is using the default programs. 

Edited by Paladin1cd

On 4/30/2023 at 11:13 PM, Paladin1cd said:

I think the last update broke DICE. Is there something I need to do to make it work now? I used to just wiggle one of the sliders after an update and it was fine, now it does not change the program. I double checked and am using the right everything like before, the button hasn't changed or anything, but it is using the default programs. 

Try running dcs and DiCE as Admin. 

I did DCS… But DICE runs automatically - is there an executable? It’s been so long since I installed it and had no troubles I honestly forget because it’s worked seamlessly other than having to remind it in the setup after a new patch. 

On 5/3/2023 at 8:03 AM, Paladin1cd said:

I did DCS… But DICE runs automatically - is there an executable? It’s been so long since I installed it and had no troubles I honestly forget because it’s worked seamlessly other than having to remind it in the setup after a new patch. 

Yes. There is/was an exe. It's been a while for me too, haha. The newest version does not have an exe. I'd suggest downloading the newest version if you can't find the exe. 

• Thanks 1