Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle Controller & A-10 II oversensitive mini-joystick

cb1968

I'm having issues with the mini-joystick on my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle controller in A-10 II being oversensitive. I've tried changing the characteristics of the axes via the control panel but it still shoots around so fast it's hard to use it accurately all in the HMCS, maverick and TGP. I don't have this problem in the F/A-18. Furthermore, when trying to position the crosshairs in the HMCS, as soon as I release pressure on the mini-joystick the crosshair randomly jumps to another nearby position. It's pretty much unuseable really. Anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks

Craige

I'm having issues with the mini-joystick on my Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle controller in A-10 II being oversensitive. I've tried changing the characteristics of the axes via the control panel but it still shoots around so fast it's hard to use it accurately all in the HMCS, maverick and TGP. I don't have this problem in the F/A-18. Furthermore, when trying to position the crosshairs in the HMCS, as soon as I release pressure on the mini-joystick the crosshair randomly jumps to another nearby position. It's pretty much unuseable really. Anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks

Craige

I believe I set it to 25 saturation (if it wasn't saturation it was curve but pretty sure it was saturation). For the maverick - when warmed up, I enter 2 from the UFC scratchpad and press the OSB on the mav screen for the slew rate.

Cheers,

​​​​​​​Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I thought the original axis tune setting in DCS works fairly well. Did you reset it?

It should contain a large center deadzone, a curve in the 15 to 30 region if memory serves, and a reduced saturation.

Still, that cursor is pretty bad, regarding the otherwise good quality of the TM Warthog. If you're ready to invest some $ 60 or so, take a good look at this slew cursor replacement mod. I have it, I love it, I recommend it (and no, I don't get anything for this advertisement :D): Yet another warthog slew upgrade

• Like 1

With the default axis tune settings it is usable although not ideal. It's 15% saturation, 30% deadzone and zero curvature for both axes.

Meyomix has a point: sometimes you want to move the cursor fast. He uses a custom curve but I think a "normal" curve with a curvature of 30% would be good enough.

The deadzone might help with the "jumping" when you release the button, I haven't tried. It might be better to use another button on your HOTAS for this function. I'm thinking about using the lever switch on my TM WH stick.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I highly recommend this upgrade to Warthog. Whole new world of slewing.

https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

I took the plung and have not looked back.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2