F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

1 hour ago, FlyingAlex said:

Screen_230301_021840.jpg

😄 Working on the font

I installed the clear glass mod so the hud text is not as clear as it should be.

An option to bigger font would be awesome to those with VR's ... just a hint 😉

Edited by mrjay

1 hour ago, FlyingAlex said:

I didn’t change the overall hud showing size. You see the hud size being small because of my zoom level setting.  

I know. What i was thinking is that speed, altitude and heading should have a little bigger font size. Or option to enable it.

VR is a bit tricky when you have to constantly zoom in and out hud.

BTW. As Grinelli doesn't release source of devices lua scripts(Avionics, Engine, Electrical system, etc.), I will try on my own to implement this functionalities.

I will start with something small like FCS. I hope that it's OK. And doesn't make Grinelli mad ;).

Edited by mrjay

20 minutes ago, mrjay said:

I know. What i was thinking is that speed, altitude and heading should have a little bigger font size. Or option to enable it.

VR is a bit tricky when you have to constantly zoom in and out hud.

BTW. As Grinelli doesn't release source of devices lua scripts(Avionics, Engine, Electrical system, etc.), I will try on my own to implement this functionalities.

I will start with something small like FCS. I hope that it's OK. And doesn't make Grinelli mad ;).

What I am doing exactly is create new lua device script to override the old one as I have no intent to rework those compiled lua.  I could enlarge the new added text for IAS/Heading/attitude. As the window for the hud is compact, those custom hud text couldn’t enlarge for so much otherwise the default f15c hud component would be overlayed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FlyingAlex said:

What I am doing exactly is create new lua device script to override the old one as I have no intent to rework those compiled lua.  I could enlarge the new added text for IAS/Heading/attitude. As the window for the hud is compact, those custom hud text couldn’t enlarge for so much otherwise the default f15c hud component would be overlayed.

You are doing a great job. 🙂 Keep up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, beluga68200 said:

Hi, i have one question, i dont have overwing vapor on the f22, someone have a same issues ?
Thx

Everything was looking good yesterday. I had a vapor on the end of the wings and on high AOA. Altough I think it depends on altitude.

Try disabling FCS_AUTO to FCS_ACM. It will allow to increase AOA.

Edited by mrjay

Hi

WIP Helios F-22A.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg  image.jpeg

nullSo far the profile is running now. There are still a few small things that I would like to fix before publication. But I need help with that. The following issues still need to be resolved:

The active batt. Display is missing although it is in the driver.

image.jpeg

The rocker on the ICP is displayed as "Not Implemented" in the bindings, can it be activated somehow?

image.jpeg

I hope that someone can help me there. Once the two things are done I can then give out the profile to beta testers.

Greetings.

Mike34

Edited by Mike34

2 hours ago, Agim said:

Hi, after last update (MT) this mod doesn't work for me. CTD when loading the mission with F-22. The same with original Grinnelli version. 😞

I have The SAME Problem. Su-30, JAS-39, Typhoon too. Provided I run the mission as a player.

Edited by RaptorFighter

I have updated the single player and external weapons add on versions as there was new code added for the AMRAAM guidance.  Links in the first post.

2 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

I have The SAME Problem. Su-30, JAS-39, Typhoon too. Provided I run the mission as a player.

I get the same when trying to run it with the new MT version. 

I have this error in my log file:

2023-03-11 18:37:16.260 INFO    EDCORE (7444): F:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\Visualizer.dll
2023-03-11 18:37:16.260 INFO    EDCORE (7444): # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00007ffb989b1462 00:00000000

It runs fine in the normal mode though.  Report your findings to ED through crash reports etc.  There were bound to be bugs in first MT release.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

this means all unofficial aircraft mods are affected

1 hour ago, Nightstorm said:

Report your findings to ED through crash reports etc.  There were bound to be bugs in first MT release.

ED will say that they do not cover unofficial mods

I have my version of FCS.lua with required minor additions to command_defs.lua.

What works:

- Vertical ACL (Auto Computed Level) - it is a little wobbly at the beginning and there is an issue with low joystick pitch ... but it works. You can now fly on constant(ish) level, even with flaps and gear and break on.

What doesn't:

- Roll and Yaw ACL - these are next things i'm gonna work on.

So if anyone have time to test it ... these two files are in the attachments.

If you find some issues with this, feel free to give feedback.

FCS.lua command_defs.lua

1 hour ago, muzica9 said:

this means all unofficial aircraft mods are affected

Not all, only those based on FC3. Standalone mods like A-4E-C, UH-60L, OV-10A, T-45C and VSN F-4B seems not to be affected. And mods based on full fidelity modules like the CJS Super Hornet or the IDF Mods Project F-16I SUFA are working, too. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

I found that those FC3 mods work under the "old" single threaded executable.  However, I've also noticed that there's a new bug in VR.  A big blue square in one of the viewports that makes it really hard to fly.  I've decided to roll back to the previous version, this one isn't baked enough for me.

I'm wondering if the "side effect" of disabling any mod based on FC3 was intentional.  I guess time will tell.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 1:18 AM, Nightstorm said:

I found that those FC3 mods work under the "old" single threaded executable.  However, I've also noticed that there's a new bug in VR.  A big blue square in one of the viewports that makes it really hard to fly.  I've decided to roll back to the previous version, this one isn't baked enough for me.

I'm wondering if the "side effect" of disabling any mod based on FC3 was intentional.  I guess time will tell.

not really. lots of FC3 based mods still work in MT - most of VSN ones, Mig-31, etc. Only the most edited ones, like the Su-30, Typhoon, Gripen, F-104 etc. seem not. Wonder why

16 hours ago, Fab8ball said:

not really. lots of FC3 based mods still work in MT - most of VSN ones, Mig-31, etc. Only the most edited ones, like the Su-30, Typhoon, Gripen, F-104 etc. seem not. Wonder why

I'd like some definitive information as well.  I haven't seen anything.  It's my hope that the mods that are not working, like the F22, are because of the very early beta version of MT and not by design.  We'll see what happens with upcoming releases.

• Like 1