Anti-runway penetration bombs?

Spirale

Hi,

we are soon in 2021 and there is still no anti-runway bombs in DCS... ED provides a huge amount of different weapons for a large panel of missions but no anti-runway penetration bombs like the BLU107 or French BAP. Different weapons can fulfill the same mission (like a redundancy) but still no anti runway mission...

Anti-runway missions, deep behind ennemy lines are rewarding and interesting ( i'd like to do some with the Mirage. Unfortunatly the mighty Viggen doesn't have such a dedicated weapon).

So my question is: Is it planned to provide us an anti-runway penetration type bomb? If yes, what model please?

Thx

• Like 4

• ED Team

Matra Durandal has been on our wish list for a while, however we would like to do more work with runway damage, but the terrain teams are very busy currently.

I have no ETA for better runway damage, it is something for the future. 

thanks

• Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

List of anti runway bombs currently in dcs and it carriers:

Type-200A (chineese MATRA Durandal/BLU-107) : JF-17

BetAB-500(shp): Su-25T Su-25A MiG-29 MiG-21 Su-27 Su-33 J-11    AI: MiG-25/27 Su-17/24/30/34

Yes Mike but it's only for Russians jet and for the JF17....I'd like to have BAP for the Mirage and Durandal for F16.

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Matra Durandal has been on our wish list for a while, however we would like to do more work with runway damage, but the terrain teams are very busy currently.

I have no ETA for better runway damage, it is something for the future. 

thanks

Thx Bignewy, my toughts were for the Mirage especially. But i know that others would like to have this kind of bomb for the F16.

I really miss this kind of mission, specially in multi.

Edited by Spirale

• 1 year later...

When dynamic campaign will be ready i can see runway cratering munitions like Mirage's Durandal and similar ones being way more important and some updated mechanics and graphical representation would be nice. It is still functional right now in DCS, just not very in depth.

20 ore fa, Semaphore ha scritto:

So with F1 Mirage newly released and deploying the Durandal can we see it being a munition on other aircraft? 

Durandal were developed by IndiaFoxtEcho for their MB-339A, and incorporated by EagleDynamics: they are not introduced by Aerges 's Mirage F1.
By the way, the MB-339 will have them along another interesting runway interdiction bomb, the BAP-100 

Edited by Automan

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

1 hour ago, Automan said:

they are not introduced by Aerges 's Mirage F1.

You mean Mirage F.1 is simply not the first aircraft in DCS able to carry them? At first i understood Mirage F.1 don't have acces to them when i just dropped them few minutes ago.

But i give the credit to the original creator of Durandal bombs in DCS then -IFE, good job.

47 minuti fa, bies ha scritto:

You mean Mirage F.1 is simply not the first aircraft in DCS able to carry them? At first i understood Mirage F.1 don't have acces to them when i just dropped them few minutes ago.

But i give the credit to the original creator of Durandal bombs in DCS then -IFE, good job.

We have introduced all our weapons more than a year ago, before sending MB-339 to ED: then the process of official integration started and all the data we retrieved were validated by Eagle Dynamics, as required by new weapon policy control. So Durandal were first loaded and tested on MB-339 (by ED tester team obviously), before any other aircraft, but yes, the Mirage F1 is actually the only publicly available module that can carry them.
The same validation process was adopted for all other weapons we introduced, some specific to our ac and some of common use like BAT-120 and BAP-100: the model and working behaviour (flight envelope) was studied and replicated. Our BAP-100 now are the official weapons integrated by Eagle Dynamics, even if M2000 is still using its proprietary model/texture/code (we don't know when/if ED will request to switch 3rd party content to official one)
Since we are in the right topic, just a sneak peak of a runway interdiction: a private video with a preliminary MB-339 in the works (more than 1 year and a half ago...doesn't represent the final product), to show launches of BAP-100 from the six 14-3-M2 adaptors 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

No, the bomb of Deka Ironworks is the Type200, a chinese clone of the early Durandal of the '70: the same is built as HAFR-2 by Pakistan. Although the standard Durandal and the BLU 107/B (also recognized as Durandal II) appear very similar except a bulkier wrapper casing, the latest revision of the mid-'80 features a steeper impact angle to improve the perforation performance and a modified parachute braking system to allow deployment at the higher speed (630kts):  they were modifications requested to Matra by USAF after intensive testing in different platforms (F-4,F-111,F-16).
We have created the code of BLU-107B from the scheme of BetAB-500ShP, a russian anti-runway bomb with similar behaviour except for the missing deceleration chute.
We have adjusted parameters to reach a quite good level of fidelity, the only missing thing is the integrated altimeter that would increase the deployment delay of the main chute: this would allow to release at a greater altitude of 1000ft instead of the optimal profile (450~630kts at 250fts).
Btw a greater altitude would not be sufficient to evade Shilkas: instead would semplify them since at very low altitude their radar suffers from ground clutter....

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...