DCS Moving Map

Bergison

..  edit.. worked just fine on my phone S21 but not so much on my samsung TAB A. cant wait till the new update shows... great app

Edited by Jeb

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

Happy to announce an update to DCS MovingMap! The new version includes many improvements, new features, more map styles and now supports all DCS theaters! Enjoy!

Find more info, installation instructions, the manual and download the app on my website: https://movingmap.bergison.com

Note: the release of the app for Android will be available in the PlayStore in the coming days.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

Looks like a really useful App … hopefully an iOS version will be available in the future, as I’d love to use it on my iPad 🙏

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Looks like a really useful App … hopefully an iOS version will be available in the future, as I’d love to use it on my iPad 🙏

i was gonna ask for the same 😁

@Bergison as you know, i very much appreciate all your great contributions to the community (incl. the g-seat ; )
is there any chance your moving map code could be ported to ios without too much hassle?

Thanks HILOK! Releasing an iOS version is definitively on my to-do list. The app should theoretically run fine on Apple devices, but releasing in the App Store requires some effort, as one needs a Mac to do so. I'd either have to buy one (not my favourite option - I'm not a big Apple fan), or rent a Mac-in-the-Cloud device. Either way, there are some costs involved.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bergison said:

releasing in the App Store requires some effort, as one needs a Mac to do so

Hi,

I wasn't really aware of that fact, and I can understand the drawbacks for a developer not already on the Apple camp 😞

Thanks for explaining this.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@Bergison thanks for the new release and the look and feel is greater than the previous version (2.5).

However, I realized that the new app took more loads that compared with 2.5 due to the new features... I guess.   

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

5 hours ago, Bergison said:

I'd either have to buy one (not my favourite option - I'm not a big Apple fan), or rent a Mac-in-the-Cloud device. Either way, there are some costs involved.

No worries, I wouldn’t want you shelling out just to suit our iOS devices.

Well done for creating the app anyhow, cheers. 

The new version is great,thanks for the update. I seem to have lost the mouse zoom function though, was this intentional or do I have a snag?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

On 10/5/2023 at 12:26 PM, Bergison said:

Thanks HILOK! Releasing an iOS version is definitively on my to-do list. The app should theoretically run fine on Apple devices, but releasing in the App Store requires some effort, as one needs a Mac to do so. I'd either have to buy one (not my favourite option - I'm not a big Apple fan), or rent a Mac-in-the-Cloud device. Either way, there are some costs involved.

i see...sounds cumbersome. i would expect, it could pay off anyway?

Why does my moving map disappear?  I load it and it shows that it is reading the mission, but then during the mission the map is gone.

I have the map on my third monitor that just has utilities. 

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Not sure if it was already asked but could this be made to feed back into DCS in the kneeboard? For VR uses I think it might be useful.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Just tested the map program again and the map just drops/disappears after about 30 seconds.  I reinstalled the mod again and the same thing happened.  I wonder if Windows or DCS did something to cause this or is the mod itself have issues (or have I screwed something up).

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

59 minutes ago, sobe said:

Just tested the map program again and the map just drops/disappears after about 30 seconds.  I reinstalled the mod again and the same thing happened.  I wonder if Windows or DCS did something to cause this or is the mod itself have issues (or have I screwed something up).

Sorry for this inconvenience! So this happens with the Windows version? Does the app crash in one specific mission or also in others? Multi- or Singleplayer? Have you copied the new files from the Mods and Scripts folder to the DCS SavedGames?

Also please check if any Antivirus/Malware software might block MovingMap.

Edited by Bergison

Bergison

1.  Using windows 10

2. Virus checker should not be an issue as I "allowed" both the exe and lua files in Webroot.

3  I did replace the old with the new files.

4.  As a test, I reverted to an older version of MM and had the same issues.

5.  So far I only tried it in SP for both the F5 and the M2000c and it happened both times.

6.  The map would appear and run fine for about 30 seconds or so and then vanish.

7  Maybe there is some sort of conflict with another mod, but I have no idea which one. 

8.  I don't recall this happening when I last used your mod about a year ago. 

I hope this helps.  I seem to be the only user having this issue.  Oh well.

Note:  I am running the MM mod in administrator mode.  Is that an issue?

I just did a slow repair and the MM disappeared after about 60 seconds.

Edited by sobe
added note

Bergison

Today I tried something different.  I placed the MM on the monitor that has the cockpit.  When the mission started, the MM disappeared.  However, I did an Alt+Esc and there was the MM that apparently was  hidden by the cockpit.  So it did not crash, it was simply behind the cockpit.  I am not sure if this provides any help.

scommander2

Not sure what you mean?

Bergison

I have an older Amazon fire tablet that runs a version of Android, but does not have the google play app.  There are some articles on how to get the google play to load on the Fire tablet and I may try that as a last resort.

@sobe I am trying to say that if let MM runs on the different Windows desktop or laptop (not on the same machine with DCS), it maybe work.  In my case, I have my new MM on the laptop so that I do not add the addition load on my DCS host.

It is very identical to get MM runs on Android table or iPad (in the future hope).

Edited by scommander2

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

Success (partial) at last.  As the old saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat.  I have had no success in getting the MM to work in windows.  It kept disappearing after about 1 minute and no one could figure out why it was doing that.

When scommander2 suggested that I use a second computer to run MM,  I realized that, although I did not have a second windows computer, I did have an old Amazon Fire tablet that runs a version of Android.  It turns out that that awhile ago I had put Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire.  So, after charging the Amazon Fire, I downloaded MM and it worked.  I then paid the $5 and got the full version of the MM.

So, after several days of trying to figure out why MM would not work on my Windows machine, I now have it working on my 10-inch Amazon Fire.  This is actually a better solution as it frees up space on my computer screens for other stuff. 

• Like 2

Mapi

In the Android version of MM, to get all of the maps, you have to pay.