DCS Moving Map

Bergison

On 10/16/2023 at 4:54 PM, Tusk.V said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked but is there any way to get this incorporated to Open Kneeboard?

Will it be too small to view in the kneeboard?  Is it going to be the real-time in the kneeboard?

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

On 10/20/2023 at 5:36 PM, Bergison said:

Interesting idea, I would definitively support this! I've posted it on the OpenKneeboard Github page (link).

Update: fredemmont from OpenKneeboard asked if the 'window capture support' works for this. Could you please try?

Works perfectly! Thanks so much!

Edited by Tusk.V

Specs: i7 13700KF @ 5.5, 64Gb RAM, RTX 4090, Pimax Crystal

Hi @Bergison How are you?

I left a post on your website.

I Dloaded and extract the Mods/Scripts to DCS saved games and in Special Tab in DCS inputted my IP4 address.

However the DCS moving map.exe file from the extracted folder disappears...

I've tried redownloaded the zip folder a few times from your site, however, everytime I un-zip the to the folder in my Downloads, the DCS Moving Map.exe disappears.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

On 10/24/2023 at 2:44 AM, Bergison said:

Hi Nato, that's very strange. Please check if any Antivirus or Malware Software blocks/deletes the exe file. There seem to be reports of simular cases: https://windowsreport.com/exe-files-deleting-themselves/

I was able to get this to work, Amazing in 2D!

I've tried it with OKB in VR, workable, however in Heavy MP .miz it will slowdown.

Thank you for this App!!! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Marcos Paes said:

Is there anyway to run this on a dedicated server? so i can stream the map on OBS?

Have not tried this, but if it is a Windows server I see no reason why it should not work.

Update to version x.9 with some new features:

1) a Missile Warning System, that displays a warning if a missile gets close to the users unit.
2) a Track Recording function, that records and shows the users track over the map. The recorded track can be reset on the settings page.

map_demo_3n.jpg   map_demo_4n.jpg

Download in the Android PlayStore or https://movingmap.bergison.com/download

• Like 2

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

2 hours ago, Bergison said:

Have not tried this, but if it is a Windows server I see no reason why it should not work.

Update to version x.9 with some new features:

1) a Missile Warning System, that displays a warning if a missile gets close to the users unit.
2) a Track Recording function, that records and shows the users track over the map. The recorded track can be reset on the settings page.

map_demo_3n.jpg   map_demo_4n.jpg

Download in the Android PlayStore or https://movingmap.bergison.com/download

Only for Caucasus ? And free Avast find a Win64:Trojan-gen 

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

12 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Only for Caucasus ? And free Avast find a Win64:Trojan-gen 

No, the update is for all versions of course, only the screenshots are made in the Caucasus map. I have received some reports about virus alerts: it seems to be related to the way Python scripts are packed for Windows (see this article). These reports are false-positives, there is definitively no virus or trojan in my code!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bergison said:

No, the update is for all versions of course, only the screenshots are made in the Caucasus map. I have received some reports about virus alerts: it seems to be related to the way Python scripts are packed for Windows (see this article). These reports are false-positives, there is definitively no virus or trojan in my code!

Ok, didn't try it on other map on my PC, for virus alert, I have to disable Avast, install Moving Map and make a rule in Avast, little annoying.

• Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 5 weeks later...

Update to version 11 is out with some bug fixes and a new slider to control the Missile Warning volume. DCS MovingMap now also remembers your preferred settings (like map style or unit label selection) between sessions.

As always, feedback is welcome! Have Fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://movingmap.bergison.com/download

DCS MovingMap Caucasus (free version):                          DCS MovingMap (full version with Caucasus, Nevada, Syria and Gulf)

playstore.png                                                   playstore.png

NOTE: consider installing the free Caucasus version first, to try out the app and to test if your DCS data export is working!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update to version 12 is out with some new features:

- added current Groundspeed (= True Airspeed +/- Wind component) to the Ownship Info Box
- added ETE (estimated time enroute) to a selected Markpoint to the Markpoint Info Box
- added a Mapscale 1 NM button (as requested by some users)

As always, feedback is welcome! Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: if you upgrade from an older version, you need to replace the movingmap-hook.lua file in your Saved Games\DCS[.openbeta]\Scripts\Hooks folder with the updated one included in the .zip file!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS MovingMap Caucasus (free version):                          DCS MovingMap (full version supporting all DCS theaters)

NOTE: consider installing the free Caucasus version first, to try out the app and to test if your DCS data export is working!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi @Bergison, I am wondering that can I save the Moving Map settings for the Windows version so that I do not need to set again when I launch the app, is it possible? Thanks.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Version 15 is out with new features and some fixes:

- added the OpenAIP map overlay: it shows Navaids, Airspaces and Aerodromes, and can be toggled on/off with the 'AIP' button.
- fixed a performance issue, where units 'disappeared' from the map in missions and on servers with a high number of units.

As always, feedback is welcome! Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: if you upgrade from an older version, you need to replace the movingmap-hook.lua file in your Saved Games\DCS[.openbeta]\Scripts\Hooks folder with the updated one included in the .zip file on the download page:

DCS MovingMap (free Windows version):  

DCS MovingMap Caucasus (free version):                          DCS MovingMap (full version supporting all DCS theaters)

To your questions:

scommander2: Hi @Bergison, I am wondering that can I save the Moving Map settings for the Windows version so that I do not need to set again when I launch the app, is it possible? Thanks.

MovingMap does saves all settings in a file named config.cfg, which is already included in the .zip file. Make sure it is in the same folder as the DCS_MovingMap.exe and not read/write protected.

TasDozer: Is there any way to display the MGRS grid on the maps?

We'd need a provider for (free) MGRS grid map tiles. I've looked around a bit but could not find any. If you happen to know or find such a service, I am happy to add it as a map overlay to MovingMap!

Msiipola: How about a touch screen on Windows? If you have a hdmi-screen for windows, which has touch screen functions, will these work in the windows app, like how it works in Andorid?

I have just tested the Windows version on a 7" touchscreen, and the App works exactly like the Android version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

config.ini I'm at a loss to understand this config.ini What do the numbers relate to?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

config.ini I'm at a loss to understand this config.ini What do the numbers relate to?

There is no need to edit or change these values, they are saved automatically when the App closes. For a reference, this is what MovingMap saves at each index:

user settable values (saved in config.ini file)
    0 = 2        MAP style (2, 3, 4)
    1 = 1         TYPE show/hide (-1/1)
    2 = -1       C/S show/hide (-1/1)
    3 = -1       ALT show/hide (-1/1)
    4 = 1         ROSE show/hide (-1/1)
    5 = -1       SZ/F show/hide (-1/1)
    6 = 1         SZ/E show/hide (-1/1)
    7 = 1         TRACK show/hide (-1/1)
    8 = 0.5      MAP opacity (0 .. 1)
    9 = 50       Missile Warning Volume (%) (0 .. 100)
   10 = 1         AIP show/hide (-1/1)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1