C-101 Campaign

Vibora

I definitely tried to use the mouse zoom on the approach plate with no success but if you say it can be done then I will assume I was doing something stupid.

"You guys have to improve your IFR flying skills" - Vibora

I completed mission one on my first attempt thank you very much   

Now as for mission two...  
I can confirm that the new files provided can be zoomed.
Tested on both stable and OB.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2021 at 11:28 AM, Vibora said:

Campaign zip file updated. You can grab last version from my post above.

Changes: Higher resolution briefing image of the VFR flight map in dead reckoning mission #7.

Hi Roberto,

The Campaign included on today's Open Beta update is the same? or the one on your post is newer?

Cheers,

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...

First, thanks for the C101 campaign.

I went through the 1st mission without any issue, although the ILS landing on Batumi was a bit scary: almost no visibility until almost on the runway...but this was fun!

On the second mission, I have no clue how to find the insurgent helicopter. I take off and then, impossible to find it. Is it already gone because my startup is too slow? Something I'm missing?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

21 minutes ago, lwalter said:

On the second mission, I have no clue how to find the insurgent helicopter. I take off and then, impossible to find it. Is it already gone because my startup is too slow? Something I'm missing?

Yes, you need to startup quickly, as the initial position of the helo is very close .. here you can see that while I'm taxing and taking off, I look everywhere to try to find and keep current of the helo position as much as possible:

Yeah, I know, horrible landing 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

34 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, you need to startup quickly, as the initial position of the helo is very close .. here you can see that while I'm taxing and taking off, I look everywhere to try to find and keep current of the helo position as much as possible:

Yeah, I know, horrible landing 🙂

Thanks a lo for your video! 

It definitely helped me taking off much faster (I didn't know you could do it without external power unit...).

However, even if I manage to take off very fast, the helicopter is already gone while I face again Vaziani.

I'll try it again another day, else this will become too frustrating 🙂

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

23 minutes ago, lwalter said:

I'll try it again another day, else this will become too frustrating 🙂

You can also edit the mission a tiny bit (it is not protected), take the enemy helo and move it further away from Vaziani, to give yourself a bit more time .. not too much or the mission will not be challenging 🙂

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mission 3, I can't move. 

Its a hot start mission and parking brake is off yet when i push throttle to full it only reaches 51% N1 and doesn't go anywhere.

What am I missing? Running today's OB patch

EDIT: not just on the campaign. Any mission. If its a hot start, like instant action takeoff missions, if my hotas throttle is set to 0% then I start the mission rolling at 97% N1 (which is wrong) so I move it a bit and it registers that it is at the lower end of the axis and drops the engine power. But it never recovers and will not go past 51%...

EDIT 2 : Tested a third mission and tried this fuel flow reset button which dropped the idle fuel flow readout a little but still can't fly this aircraft. Think it is broken

EDIT 3: Shut down engine and restart fixed the issue but on hot start, because the mission is kicking off with the engine at full pelt when controls are at idle, it seems to be messing something up which prevents the engine spooling past a certain point.

@Vibora

Edited by Bagpipe

Maybe its an axis conflict, check that you don't have red conflict marks on your throttle axis assignment, like these:

05otJhn.jpg

• Like 1

You said you can advance throttle to 51%, so I excluded the red warnings inputs issue. A better explanation on your side could help. It could be that you have another peripheral interfering with your throttle.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Ok so it is something my end. I will run a repair and see if that helps.

I don't have any conflicts as I sorted them previously. If I can't get it working correctly I will send over a track.

Thanks for prompt responses

EDIT: Attached a trk as repair didn't solve the issue. 

At mission start (hot start takeoff) the controls indicator shows my physical throttle being fully forward when it is in fact at fully back. What this causes is for the mission to commence with engine N1 at 97% or more, a caution appears and quickly disappears as the engine rpm drops. I thought the rpm was dropping when i moved my throttle slightly, as this would force DCS to recognize the true position of my physical throttle, but it drops instantaneously regardless of whether i move my throttle or not.

It's very strange, i will keep messing about but if you could have a look and let me know what you think that would be great!

C101rpm.trk

Edited by Bagpipe

Another one demonstrating the issue followed by an engine restart 

I tried removing a couple community mod aircraft too but that hasn't helped either.

I may try reinstall the C101 module if nothing else works

This also rules out controller issues as it flies perfectly fine after the re-start. There seems to be some hot start engine logic corrupted somehow

C101rpm2.trk

Edited by Bagpipe

It seems your airplane engine compressor stalls because you move the throttle instantly to full power. How do you manage to do that? Lookt like a potentiometer issue in your peripheral. Also, the throttle and brakes are at 100% at mission start, that is not normal either, at least for brakes.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Vibora said:

It seems your airplane engine compressor stalls because you move the throttle instantly to full power. How do you manage to do that? Lookt like a potentiometer issue in your peripheral. Also, the throttle and brakes are at 100% at mission start, that is not normal either, at least for brakes.

The peripheral is fine. It doesn't do this with any other module only the C101 I am afraid.

The brakes are on because I am pressing them because the aircraft starts the mission at full throttle.

I was hoping you could tell me why the throttle is at 100% because it only happens with this aircraft lol 🙂

added a track of the F86 takeoff mission with no issue with the throttle.

Its this module my friend, but why???

F86rpm.trk

Edited by Bagpipe

Could you have a look at the log attached and see if there are any clues in there?

It does not repeat across any other modules or sims so it's not hardware related.

I have tried setting saturation of axis to 95% but it still does this on mission start.

When I load the mission and open the controls indicator it shows my throttle at idle but the minute I press "Fly" it jumps to full power, stalling the compressor and only returns to idle when I nudge the throttle

dcs.log

8 minutes ago, Vibora said:

Did you delete or back up your inputs saved games?

Just tried that, deleted both EB and CC input folders and restarted DCS.

Ran the mission and still the issue persists. Even on the default keybinds with no red !'s

This is driving me barmy

Tried just dropping it in the ME with a hot runway start and same issue so it's not a mission specific bug either 🤔

Edited by Bagpipe

OK got a fix for now...

If I switch off "synchronize controls with hotas controls at mission start" it doesn't cause this issue. Engine Rpm remains around 30% and i can accelerate off the runway.

Which is weird how only this module is affected by that...

Maybe C101 is not synchronizing correctly at mission start, who knows?

I will leave it with you but please if you could look into that it would be great!

• Like 1

I still think there could be something faulty with your peripherals or your axes settings in the C-101. Did you try unplugging your peripherals, using keyboard for throttle and using another joystick or another axis as throttle? Even though you deleted inputs in saved games, when entering DCS it assigns default axes, maybe some of them is faulty or interfering with your throttle assignment, delete them all before entering the mission, and make some tests assigning specific axes to throttle until you determine the faulty one, if there's any.

In any case, we have made some changes in the code so that compressor stall doesn't happen at mission start, if switches or axes are not in the correct position yet.

Edited by Vibora
  • Thanks 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Vibora said:

I still think there could be something faulty with your peripherals or your axes settings in the C-101. Did you try unplugging your peripherals, using keyboard for throttle and using another joystick or another axis as throttle? Even though you deleted inputs in saved games, when entering DCS it assigns default axes, maybe some of them is faulty or interfering with your throttle assignment, delete them all before entering the mission, and make some tests assigning specific axes to throttle until you determine the faulty one, if there's any.

In any case, we have made some changes in the code so that compressor stall doesn't happen at mission start, if switches or axes are not in the correct position yet.

It would surely affect other modules if this was the case? It doesn't happen anywhere else in any other module or other sim.

Something about this modules throttle axis is not marrying up with DCS the way the other modules are.

Hopefully the code change helps in the mean time

Same issue as Bagpipe.

All other modules work fine and no control conflicts.

Of those C101 flights I tested it only occurs on Missions which start Hot on runway - all others, eg airborne start, seem fine.

On the hot runway starts all of the other engine instruments increase in sympathy with throttle position except N1 (stops increasing at 51%). After throttle closure the ITT stays up at red line while other instruments return to idle. The throttle has been sensed, just like on all other modules and C101 when in flight.

I also created a fresh mission with hot runway start and no failures preset and this still occurs on spooling up.

cheers.

Edited by bazza772
  • Like 1

Glad I am not alone in this.

The funny thing is too that I don't usually do hot starts in the C101 because one of my favourite things about the module is performing a cold start following the checklists believe it or not!

It just so happened that mission 3 was a hot start and it started playing up