C-101 Campaign

Vibora

• Vibora locked and unlocked this topic

Thanks for the campaign! Two questions though. Do I miss out on anything by playing the missions individually and not through the Campaign? I crashed and it reset me to mission one and I dont feel like redoing them but I noticed several different versions of each mission in the file.

Also, no offense but would it be possible to give the 3d pilot flight gloves? The skin of his hands looks creepy in VR.

Its great to have a campaign for the 101 though!

You should fly the missions through the Campaign interface. Your performance in each mission determines the outcome.

It's not easy, or rather near impossible to try to design a minimally dynamic campaign in DCS; since for each variation you add, the number of missions multiply exponentially, and there is even no way to make the campaign go to a certain step and mission. You either fail the mission, go back to previous stage, or proceed to next stage if you get the main goal but with different results.

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

In fact, the Campaign you got in current OB update is not the last version, you have it in the attached zip file. I think there is only a tiny difference in mission 0 (VMC ferry flight).

Edit: deleted file. See post below with updated zip file.

Edited by Vibora
File deleted.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

33 minutes ago, Vibora said:

In fact, the Campaign you got in current OB update is not the last version, you have it in the attached zip file. I think there is only a tiny difference in mission 0 (VMC ferry flight).

C-101 Campaign.zip 53.57 MB · 1 download

thanks 👍 yesterday I flew the 1st mission and I did a horrible ILS approach to batumi but managed to land nonetheless... but got no end message and a 0 score 😂 .. will try this newer version today.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

30 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

thanks 👍 yesterday I flew the 1st mission and I did a horrible ILS approach to batumi but managed to land nonetheless... but got no end message and a 0 score 😂 .. will try this newer version today.

Mind the hints in the briefing:

**HINTS**
- Overfly the waypoints precisely. You will get an associated message when overflying each waypoint.
- Perform an ILS approach.
- Land safely at Batumi.

You have to overfly the waypoints correctly (DF NDB and Kutaisi VOR), you will know it because you get a message, absence of any message means that something has gone wrong with your navigation.

You have to perform a correct ILS, if you are too high or too low in the Glide Path on final (or rather short final, at around 100 ft) and not on the localizer, you will fail the mission. There is no need to be extremely precise, but if you are too far away from correct ILS parameters, you will fail.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, Vibora said:

You have to perform a correct ILS, if you are too high or too low in the Glide Path on final (or rather short final, at around 100 ft) and not on the localizer, you will fail the mission. There is no need to be extremely precise, but if you are too far away from correct ILS parameters you will fail.

yep, that was probably it, as I got the waypoints messages correctly. For the next update, a message could be added telling the player when he failed the ILS approach, as currently there is no feedback When this happens. 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• Vibora pinned this topic

Did I miss a copy of the Batumi approach plate for mission one or was one not included?  I didn't see it on the kneeboard or briefing but it would be super useful to have after being told to perform an ILS landing.

Also, the briefing shows the flightplan and has you tracking outbound from Kutaisi VOR to Batumi.  The voice instructions however say track to LU NDB.  If you don't know that LU is at Batumi it can be a scramble to find it on the F10 map.

Where do campaigns go in DCS? I was looking for them but couldn't find the official ones included with the client, only the user made ones.  Are they hidden?  I am assuming, once I find them I can overwrite them with the updated files in the previous post?

"For the next update, a message could be added telling the player when he failed the ILS approach, as currently there is no feedback When this happens."

I figured when I landed on the runway that the approach was successful.  Can you fail the approach and still land?

Edited by Andurula

40 minutes ago, Andurula said:

Did I miss a copy of the Batumi approach plate for mission one or was one not included?  I didn't see it on the kneeboard or briefing but it would be super useful to have after being told to perform an ILS landing.

There is one on the Mission Briefing (second picture), but it's pretty small.

Also, the briefing shows the flightplan and has you tracking outbound from Kutaisi VOR to Batumi.  The voice instructions however say track to LU NDB.  If you don't know that LU is at Batumi it can be a scramble to find it on the F10 map.

The LU frequency is on the Briefing.

Where do campaigns go in DCS? I was looking for them but couldn't find the official ones included with the client, only the user made ones.  Are they hidden?  I am assuming, once I find them I can overwrite them with the updated files in the previous post?

Those Campaigns that are included free with a Module, are stored at /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/Mods/name of the aircraft/Missions/Campaign/

They are not hidden, and not protected, so you can install the updated file without issue .. keep in mind that if you do a DCS Repair, the file will revert to the previous version.

"For the next update, a message could be added telling the player when he failed the ILS approach, as currently there is no feedback When this happens."

I figured when I landed on the runway that the approach was successful.  Can you fail the approach and still land?

Yes, you can fail 😂 ... when I reached decision altitude, I could see that the runway was way over to my right, so I did a low level circuit and landed visually .. with no message and score not enough to pass the mission.  Here is a video of my 2nd try, when I did manage to land not perfectly but well enough to pass the mission (minute 41:00):

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

Thanks Eduardo,

I saw that shortened approach plate in the briefing but I couldn't enlarge it and my eyes are too old to make much out of it 🙂

I must have got lucky then.  When I first saw the runway it was on my right but I was able to sidestep and set down alright.   If those runway conditions weren't to minimums they were awfully close.  

Edited by Andurula

You guys have to improve your IFR flying skills 🙂

I have re-uploaded the Campaign files in my previous post. You can grab current version there.

I have changed IFR chart images for better resolution ones.

Please read carefully the briefings, specially **HINTS** and **WARNINGS**. In the IFR mission you can read, in the HINTS section, the following: - Perform an ILS approach. You have to be precise on final!

This means you have to follow the ILS glide path and localizer without excessive deviation. In the video from Rudel we can see that he flies almost two dots above the correct Glide Path and, despite this, he still passes the mission. So I don't think I'm asking for too much in the mission, just make an average ILS approach. It's true that visibility is below minimums for a CAT I approach, but if you follow the ILS correctly you should land without issues.

I've made some changes in missions 2 and 3 as well, mainly affecting triggers. Thanks to Rudel for his feedback.

• Like 5

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys have to improve your IFR flying skills
I have re-uploaded the Campaign files in my previous post. You can grab current version there.
I have changed IFR chart images for better resolution ones.
Please read carefully the briefings, specially **HINTS** and **WARNINGS**. In the IFR mission you can read, in the HINTS section, the following: - Perform an ILS approach. You have to be precise on final!
This means you have to follow the ILS glide path and localizer without excessive deviation. In the video from Rudel we can see that he flies almost two dots above the correct Glide Path and, despite this, he still passes the mission. So I don't think I'm asking for too much in the mission, just make an average ILS approach. It's true that visibility is below minimums for a CAT I approach, but if you follow the ILS correctly you should land without issues.
I've made some changes in missions 2 and 3 as well, mainly affecting triggers. Thanks to Rudel for his feedback.
Thank you for this free campaign! But will it be possible to just to attach the original images in a docs folder or similar, like some other campaigns do?
I think I'm gonna love this campaign as I'm back in training already, but I cannot for the love of my life read any of the pics, even on a 30" screen.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Just to confirm, you should use latest files in the zip attached in a previous post, you have larger resolution files for both ferry flight missions there. I guess you know that you can use mouse scroll to zoom them in the mission briefing interface, and that you can open the miz file with any decompress tool program like Winzip.

Only some pics are at higher resolution, just the ones that really might need to be zoomed in (missions 0, 1 and 5).

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to confirm, you should use latest files in the zip attached in a previous post, you have larger resolution files for both ferry flight missions there. I guess you know that you can use mouse scroll to zoom them in the mission briefing interface, and that you can open the miz file with any decompress tool program like Winzip.
Only some pics are at higher resolution, just the ones that really might need to be zoomed in (missions 0, 1 and 5).

Thanks! No, I didn't know about the zoom function. One learns something new every DAY!
Did download, but I discovered I'm way too familiar with the EB compared to the CC.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I definitely tried to use the mouse zoom on the approach plate with no success but if you say it can be done then I will assume I was doing something stupid.

"You guys have to improve your IFR flying skills" - Vibora

I completed mission one on my first attempt thank you very much 😉  

Now as for mission two...  

Edited by Andurula

6 minutes ago, Andurula said:

I definitely tried to use the mouse zoom on the approach plate with no success but if you say it can be done then I will assume I was doing something stupid.

They can be zoomed, but keep in mind that you need to use the updated version of the Campaign that Vibora attached in a prior post .. here I've attached the two charts.

C-101_campaign-ferry_flight.jpg

IFR_Ferry_Flight_mod2.jpg

• Like 1