L-39C Throttle cannot be set to idle

Zweistein000

As the title suggests: L-39C thottle cannot be set to idle. It is locked to STOP position. 

I have tired switching manually and using the autostart procedure. I have also tried to bind the keybind to other buttons. Nothing has worked. 

EDIT:

I have noticed that there is a specific way to cause this bug. When taking new aircraft thrittle works but then some combination of settings and switches breakes this. I've been able to reproduce this twice out of 3 times, but I'm not sure what exact actions cause this. At the time I was following the startup proceedure from the quick start manual. 

Edited by Zweistein000
Additional info

I had the same issue when i have had option "Sync controls" checked and my physical throttle axis wasn't at zero. Option name may be other, i use Russian localization and DCS unfortunatly doesn't allow fast switching languages. So try to check your throttle controller.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm reader not writer🙂

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:41 PM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

As said, check your throttle control is full aft/closed. If not sure do some full/iddle mouvements. If not still, try tweaking the axel setup so there is a slight dead zone around the zero position.

Saludos.

Saca111

From what UI can see it happens if you jump into instructors seat before you start the engine up. 

I thought I found it. Made a video and all. Bug appeared after repair a few times. And then it didn't, so no consistency.

Just one observation. The rear most throttle position is required for engine to be startable. I noted that Auto Start Script does retard throttle rear most. Also it can be bound to a HOTAS button to make it go rear most position. Observation: After bug appears, neither Auto Start script or bound HOTAS button makes it go to rear most position. What to think of that? Software bug, nothing to do with joystick calibration (as some thread suggested).

Using bound HOTAS detent to go rear most and forth. Illustrates where throttle must go to make engine startable.

While experimenting I encountered two semi amusing "bugs". To damage for a repair I pancaked. Wheels still up after repair. Undamaged, sitting on the belly ... Hard landing to break gear but keep them out. After repair, gear just crumbled. On belly again...

Is this bug around since 2015?

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

• 10 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 10:51 PM, Zweistein000 said:

From what UI can see it happens if you jump into instructors seat before you start the engine up. 

Tested and reproduced. 👍 As it is now, the player needs to be in the front seat when calling the "Throttle to Idle" command, otherwise it's not taken into account.

Issue reported.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 11:15 PM, Pilot Ike said:

Not sure if this is the same issue: Currently the keyboard command "Throttle stop/idle" cannot be assigned. A button command for a joystick can be assigned, but pushing it doesn't change the throttle position. I am not able to cold start the L-39 atm.

There are two "Stop/idle" commands available and they both work on my end, altough there's a twist for the hold-type command.

• Throttle Toggle Position - IDLE/STOP is a simple toggle command: press once to go Idle, press a second time to return to Stop.
  • Throttle - Idle / Stop (hold) is a hold-type toggle command. It's to be used with a throttle equiped with a stop position button (the TM Warthog has it - button 29). When you move your throttle away from the Stop position, it happens as well ingame. Two cases, here:
    • You have enabled the "Sychronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS Controls at Mission Start" option: it will work right away.
    • You have not enabled the "Sychronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS Controls at Mission Start" option: you'll have to move your throttle up, then down, then up for the command to work.
  • Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.