left DDI - missing line/false layer

VTJS17_Fire

Hi,

I thought, I saw a bug report about this issue, but can't find it anymore.

Seems, there is a graphic layer to much, hiding informations from the right corner and the center. It's almost impossible to read Data there from the HSI or Attack Radar page, nor the SA page.

leftDDI1.JPG

leftDDI2.JPG

leftDDI3.JPG

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is correct or at least working as intended. That space is reserved for advisories.
There was a debate on whether the line should be blanked or not if no advisories were present, but ED said it's correct for our Hornet.

You're supposed to use the central MPCD or the right DDI for the HSI and SA pages or any page that you care about the data at the bottom.

Edited by Harker
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Ah. Weird but okay 🤔 Thx

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 2/7/2021 at 2:44 AM, Harker said:

There was a debate on whether the line should be blanked or not if no advisories were present, but ED said it's correct for our Hornet.

ED always marks it correct-as-is, even though there have been IRL hornet pilots saying its wrong, photographs posted proving its wrong and documents saying its wrong.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

1 hour ago, dorianR666 said:

ED always marks it correct-as-is, even though there have been IRL hornet pilots saying its wrong, photographs posted proving its wrong and documents saying its wrong.

And yet there are also photographs that show it the way it's currently implemented. Hard to tell without each source informing on the exact OFP.
P1090161.jpg

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

And yet there are also photographs that show it the way it's currently implemented. Hard to tell without each source informing on the exact OFP.
P1090161.jpg

Yes, the blank line should be there.

But it shouldnt be there when no advisories exist. ADV- with nothing behind it is a bug.

I meant to quote Harker, my bad. Edited.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I've heard the act of pushing the MC button to collapse the advisories down is apparently called "rack and stack" informally.

From Foka's document it appears that the blank areas occur when advisories are present and then removed. The blank areas persist until the pilot manually collapses their "slots" to the left. So if a pilot didn't do the positive action with MC press to collapse the blank slots after the advisory that was in that slot was addressed then the blanks would pile up. But if he does press MC the blanks are removed and all non-blank advisories collapse as possible to the left. Space to the right of the last advisory, blank or otherwise, should be usable display space. The "chunks" that make up the advisory lines like bricks can be words with solid black backgrounds, black backgrounds alone, or usable display. When an advisory comes up a new "brick" is added to the right end of the line. If the advisory no longer applies it is replaced by a blank brick. When blank bricks are cleared then all non-blank bricks slide to the left.

• DDI Master Caution Bank - When a Master Caution is annunciated, and has a corresponding DDI caution, it will be displayed in large yellow (by default) text along the bottom half of the Left DDI (LDDI). Cautions are printed starting at the lower left, filling to the RIGHT and UP as more cautions are displayed. If more than 9 cautions are displayed, the "extra" cautions will begin to "spill over" to the Right DDI (RDDI). As DDI cautions appear and disappear, gaps may be formed where cautions previously existed. This is because the MC wants you to know that it's a NEW caution when it appears. Pressing the Master Caution button when it is not illuminated will re-sort the cautions so that they're stacked tightly again, starting at the lower left.
  • Advisories Bank - When certain events occur that warrant alerting the pilot to their status (but are not cautions), they are displayed along the bottom row of the DDI. The first advisory is preceded by the acronym "ADV -". Each new advisory added is displayed to the right of the previous one, separated by a comma(,). Advisories can also be re-sorted by pressing the MASTER CAUTION button when it is not lit.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2021 at 3:32 AM, dorianR666 said:

ADV- with nothing behind it is a bug.

Is it a bug or not? It's still there for me. Can anyone confirm?

Greetings, Nils :joystick:

--

i7 4790k, RTX 2060, 16 GB RAM

• ED Team

Edit:

We do have this reported now and will be addressing the issue in a future patch.

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2