HMAS Melbourne R21 (1980)

12 hours ago, joey45 said:

AI can't taxi and take off, It'sa bug with teh A-4

I see both Bug and Scooter taxi, but neither launch. For comparison I have another Mod CV with them that launched 4 Bugs from 2 cats while waiting for these to do something

Screen_210319_121638.png

Screen_210319_121515.png

EDIT: Ok it seems that if you make the runway start flight a flight of one it's fine. Going to find out if it works if no flights are runway start

Edited by Cdodders

9 hours ago, mmarques said:

Found a little typo:

image.png

Noted.  Thanks, will change for a future release.  That lives in entry.lua, change this line and I will incorporate in the next build.

info = _("HMAS Melbourne R21, Australia's last fixed wing aircraft carrier.  Served between 1955 and 1982 operating Sea Venoms, Gannets, A-4 Skyhawks, S-2 Trackers, Wessex, and Sea King helicopters."),

18 hours ago, Cdodders said:

First Bug taxied up and launched fine, 2nd blew up and the 3rd died? Also can confirm the A-4 launch bug still there

Yeah, I have been fighting the AI for about 3 months in all the inconsistent ways it wants to not work, and then occasionally be flawless, and then not work again.  Until I learn more about the great unknowns of how DCS does some things it does that may just be broken for the moment.  It's all in the LUA for the runways and routes, not the model, so anyone elses epiphanies on how to make that work more consistently are welcomed.  I am open to submissions via PM.

edit:  As noted, taking off singularly rather than as a group seems to work, not sure if that is someting that can be worked in as a workaround for the moment.

Edited by Bungo
More detail added
  • Like 1

Hey Bungo,
I test, this tested very well, It's a ship that hits so many periods and nations.
I'm absolutely certain she's in the top ten mods of all time for DCS, even if its a classic pick. Your expertise is absolutely demonstrated. If you are ever feeling low, or dejected about DCS modding, come to me, I will make you feel better about your efforts, you are forever the sunshine of the DCS modding community. Stay happy!
Mike.

• Thanks 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

2 hours ago, Bungo said:

Noted.  Thanks, will change for a future release.  That lives in entry.lua, change this line and I will incorporate in the next build.

info = _("HMAS Melbourne R21, Australia's last fixed wing aircraft carrier.  Served between 1955 and 1982 operating Sea Venoms, Gannets, A-4 Skyhawks, S-2 Trackers, Wessex, and Sea King helicopters."),

Yeah, I have been fighting the AI for about 3 months in all the inconsistent ways it wants to not work, and then occasionally be flawless, and then not work again.  Until I learn more about the great unlnowns of how DCS does some things it does that may just be broken for the moment.  It's all in the LUA for the runways and routes, not the model, so anyone elses epiphanies on how to make that work more consistently are welcomed.  I am open to submissions via PM.

edit:  As noted, taking off singularly rather than as a group seems to work, not sure if that is someting that can be worked in as a workaround for the moment.

I noticed some similar problems with the Clemenceau or perhaps the CdG mods, perhaps you guys can put your heads together as whatever fixes one mod should help the other, and all who follow after you guys.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

USN never operated any of this ships and no country other than Iran ever had Tomcats... So its all hypothetical.

But its worth a try since if any country ever bough Tomcats I doubt they would afford Nimitz class carriers also.. probably would buy a Majestic or Colossus...

Albeit with huge modifications on catapult systems and arresting wires I believe.

and it would be incredibly hazardous 😉

Edited by Baco

2 hours ago, mmarques said:

Where did you find that P-3 Orion and skin? Looks great!

Hi! I made it myself. It's not 100% accurate, but i love the P-3 Orion and i was expected to find that livery on the pack, and it wasnt. Also i need it for a video so, adobe here i go 🙂

5 hours ago, Baco said:

USN never operated any of this ships and no country other than Iran ever had Tomcats... So its all hypothetical.

But its worth a try since if any country ever bough Tomcats I doubt they would afford Nimitz class carriers also.. probably would buy a Majestic or Colossus...

Albeit with huge modifications on catapult systems and arresting wires I believe.

and it would be incredibly hazardous 😉

That's why Hermes (and the other centaur class ships) was converted to a Commando / ASW carrier.
For Phantoms and other jets she/they wold of needed upgraded Cats, stronger arrester stuff and reinforced deck.
The Majestic or Colossus class would of been the same

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

HMS Ark Royal IV and HMS Eagle were the only 2 Royal Navy decks capable of operating the heavier fast jets, (F4K and Buccs), all the the other RN carrier classes of that era were too small for the bigger jets and would have required major and unrealistic reconstruction. Ark Royal was converted to operate F4K's but Eagle was not, although she continued to operate Buccs for some years. CV01 was planned to replace Ark Royal but financial and political pressure, and a withdrawal from empire removed the perceived need for a CV type replacement, so we opted for the Invincible class of boats with Harriers instead.  HMS Hermes was converted to Cdo Carrier to replace the aging and worn out HMS's Bulwark and Albion, both of which were placed in reserve, until scrapped. The other larger fixed wing carriers of that era, HMS Victorious was scrapped in 69, HMS Eagle was scrapped in 78 and Ark Royal went to scrap in 1980. All the other decks that still survived in the 1950/60's were were either sold on to other nations, and some subsequently sold on again to yet other nations, or scrapped before the fast jet era got under way. HMS Triumph hung around until the 1980's, used as dockyard lay apart storage, not actually serviceable. The MOD did consider getting HMS Bulwark back to sea for the Falklands War in 1982, but she too far gone by then to be of any use.     

5 hours ago, Zukov said:

Hi! I made it myself. It's not 100% accurate, but i love the P-3 Orion and i was expected to find that livery on the pack, and it wasnt. Also i need it for a video so, adobe here i go 🙂

Very nice, would you be willing to share it with us?