Help with the wife

herig2

To all the married pilots, how do you fly? With my wife I can only fly when she is not home or asleep. Before I log on to Hyperlobby I ask, do you need any thing, which she answers no go have fun. Then I reminder her there is no pause button and once I’m on the server its do not disturb time, she say again “ok go have fun” Then just as I’m log in, and loaded in a server I hear “Honey I need this or that.” :mad: I also tell her that if she hears me talking it’s to other pilots on the computer, which she replies ok I won’t bother you. Then when I say something, I hear from the other room “What did you say”:helpsmilie:

Any suggestions.

1, she does not like to shop, so I can’t send her to the mall.

2, she does not work, no staying late at the office.

3, she has ADD (attention deficit disorder) so no movies, long TV, or reading books

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Marry someone who understands the idea that somethings cannot be interrupted at a moments notice? Ignore her? :P

Can't help you here. I'm 27 and my wife is 25. We're both part of the video game and computer generation. Such things are both our leisure activities. When I am not at work, we are not out, and we aren't having "personal time" ;), we pretty much both assume that we need to be left alone. Hell, I'm more likely to be bothering her video game or computer activity, not the other way 'round. :D

Buy her a PC and a World Of Warcraft Account ( seriously ).

PS: moved to chit-chat area.

Good idea. Do you like World of Warcraft? If so, play it with her. We often do this. Whatever you do, you could try to turn it into something you both can do.

Sorry, it won't work, she can't even turn a computer on. I was at work and needed some info from the computer, I talk her through it untill it came to clicking on the screen, she could not control the curser, turns out she was holding the mouse like a tv remote pointing it at the monitor, and now more than ever wants no part of it.

PS, she 57 and I'm 54, married for 23 years

Edited by herig2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well if she has other friends, you could get her (and hopefully them) interested in an outdoor hobby. My mother is 60-ish and enjoys hiking on the weekends with her friends. If she likes sports, you could get her to volunteer as an assistant coach for soccer/football (same thing if you're not in the US) for kids.

As for my wife and I, I'm pretty much like you...Except when I'm in the middle of my "leave me alone" time she thinks it's fun to come over and tickle me or put her hands over my eyes or give me a wet whillie or distract me in some other way...that wouldn't be decent to say on this forum...All while I'm in the middle of being shot at. It's never right when I'm taking off, or after I've headed back and am about to land. ALWAYS while I am being shot at. Sometimes when I'm playing and she's in the room or in the kitchen and she hears me say something like, "Man, that was crazy," to my friends...she'll yell out, "NO! YOU'RE CRAZY!" ...It doesn't matter what I say. I could say, "Should we head back and land?" and she'll scream at the top of her lungs from the other room, "NO! YOU'RE GOING TO GO BACK AND LAND!" She then proceeds to die laughing. Sometimes when I get up for a bathroom break I'll come back and find that she's swiped my headset and is either making rude/wierd/sexual-innuendo comments to my friends on ts, or just saying hi like she's known them for years. Yes, she's wierd and I sometimes wish I could lock her in a closet for a few hours of peace and quiet, but I love her, so I had to think of something else. So, I remembered that she loves murder novels. She only reads "non-fiction true-crime" stuff nowadays. She's read so many of them that if she picks up a new "fiction murder-mystery" book, she'll know in five minutes of turning the first page how the book ends and who did it and how too. I can't tell you how many murder-mystery dinners we've gone to with friends that she ruined for me in the first few minutes after they read the opening story to the crowd and she leans over and whispers in my ear, "Wanna know who dunnit?" So...my solution: I gave her my old laptop, a wireless internet connection, and a copy of a murder-mystery adventure game called agatha christie something or other. She was hooked in five minutes. She already knew who did it, of course, but that didn't stop her from clicking on every screen like mad looking for clues and proof and whatnot and shouting, "I found the accordian!" or some other such thing at the top of her lungs every time she found a new piece of the puzzle. Now my time is our time...Just on different computers...

Anyways, just try and find something she likes and adapt it to suit your needs...If that doesn't work, the autopilot will become your new best friend as you constantly have to get up to get something she wants. Just steer away from the battle and set the autopilot.

Well if she has other friends, you could get her (and hopefully them) interested in an outdoor hobby. My mother is 60-ish and enjoys hiking on the weekends with her friends. If she likes sports, you could get her to volunteer as an assistant coach for soccer/football (same thing if you're not in the US) for kids.

As for my wife and I, I'm pretty much like you...Except when I'm in the middle of my "leave me alone" time she thinks it's fun to come over and tickle me or put her hands over my eyes or give me a wet whillie or distract me in some other way...that wouldn't be decent to say on this forum...All while I'm in the middle of being shot at. It's never right when I'm taking off, or after I've headed back and am about to land. ALWAYS while I am being shot at. Sometimes when I'm playing and she's in the room or in the kitchen and she hears me say something like, "Man, that was crazy," to my friends...she'll yell out, "NO! YOU'RE CRAZY!" ...It doesn't matter what I say. I could say, "Should we head back and land?" and she'll scream at the top of her lungs from the other room, "NO! YOU'RE GOING TO GO BACK AND LAND!" She then proceeds to die laughing. Sometimes when I get up for a bathroom break I'll come back and find that she's swiped my headset and is either making rude/wierd/sexual-innuendo comments to my friends on ts, or just saying hi like she's known them for years. Yes, she's wierd and I sometimes wish I could lock her in a closet for a few hours of peace and quiet, but I love her, so I had to think of something else. So, I remembered that she loves murder novels. She only reads "non-fiction true-crime" stuff nowadays. She's read so many of them that if she picks up a new "fiction murder-mystery" book, she'll know in five minutes of turning the first page how the book ends and who did it and how too. I can't tell you how many murder-mystery dinners we've gone to with friends that she ruined for me in the first few minutes after they read the opening story to the crowd and she leans over and whispers in my ear, "Wanna know who dunnit?" So...my solution: I gave her my old laptop, a wireless internet connection, and a copy of a murder-mystery adventure game called agatha christie something or other. She was hooked in five minutes. She already knew who did it, of course, but that didn't stop her from clicking on every screen like mad looking for clues and proof and whatnot and shouting, "I found the accordian!" or some other such thing at the top of her lungs every time she found a new piece of the puzzle. Now my time is our time...Just on different computers...

Anyways, just try and find something she likes and adapt it to suit your needs...If that doesn't work, the autopilot will become your new best friend as you constantly have to get up to get something she wants. Just steer away from the battle and set the autopilot.

Your wife sounds like a riot. Never a dull moment, huh? :D

Care to point me to this massively multiplayer online role playing game involving the X-Men on PS2? :lol:

Yeah my roommate has this game...believe it or not hes avionics! Try LaPucelle Tactics too, I dunno if thats an mmorpg, but its close to it. :music_whistling:

Nono, get her a Nintendo Wii!! She'll love it I thinks!! :)

It's also great to have bear and Wii nights with your friends. I have a friend who frequantly invites people to join him in drinking bear and playing Wii, lots of fun!! :D

• Like 1

she thinks it's fun to come over and tickle me or put her hands over my eyes or give me a wet whillie

What The Hell! :D

A laptop is the perfect answer , get her one and it'll open her world upto a million ways of being outta your hair during me time , from Bingo to Chess , WoW to Puzzle Pirates theres something for everyone even the PC illiterate, whatever it is there is plenty of chat and social opportunities to be soaked up.

a couple of examples

http://www.playandwin.co.uk/

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Women are not compatible with SIM's. I am not married (some of you guys married in the 20's geez! :D ) I dont have even a girlfrind at the moment. However when I date or have company I usualy give her my time the for the day and there is little left for flying. If I had a woman all the time under the same roof it would be very hard for me to get all those hours of tranquility to fly. Thats life! :D

When I show the girls this hobby of mine all of them find it alien "oh whats that thing?" (joystick).

The few I show how it works they make this funny expression in their faces of some puzzlement "hmmm I cant sort it out and I dont figure out what your realy doing with it hours on end".

I say "this is a guys stuff, you would probably like a doll simulator". :D

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guys just tend to go after the wrong girls or don't fully take the time to understand their interests before tying the knot.

Whenever I read one of these "how to handle the wife" type of threads, I sit there wondering "ok, so besides whatever amount of time you take up with the things you BOTH want to do...what the hell else is she making you do that takes up YOUR time? Standing on your head in the corner? Why are all these women so needy?" :lol:

It all comes down to who you decide to pair up with, I suppose.

A quote from Rodney Carrington: "If it pleases your man to hop on a ceiling fan, cluck like a chicken with a beer bottle in your butt, you might want to do it. If you dont, hell find a new 'fishing buddy' and youll wonder why he's out fishing all the time. Same thing goes to you men; if she wants you to hop on a ceiling fan, cluck like a chicken with a beer bottle in your butt, find yourself another woman! That really hurts!"

Looks like not much can be done, either she understands it or not... It seems that in your case it is the second... I thought that after that long together people can just sit down and talk, or maybe there is even no need to talk, cos all is on the higher level already* (that would explain to me how can people stay that long together). Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it, and if you can't, most likely no one can. You'll have to learn to live with that, unless you'll manage to convince her, that this is something what you enjoy and it's not nearly as bad as seeing another woman and the benefit of it she always knows where you are and what you are doing. Have a talk, be reasonable. It's only your hobby. Good luck.

There is Russian song where the pilots sings: Planes always comes first (as a priority), and ladies, ladies comes after we're done with the planes...

Edited by Peyoteros
  • Like 1

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.. get her a Nintendo Wii!! She'll love it I thinks!! :)

Totally agree.

I'm not married :chair: but the Wii appeals to all ages and sexes, I can't believe she wouldn't want to have ago at those nun chucks.

Alternatively try to get her to become computer literate. There are probably tons of courses she can try either at home or at a learning center ...or just show her the basics yourself. Once your wife finds out about emails chat rooms you might be fighting her off the PC to get some sim time in for yourself.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I must admit I have excellent wife :). We have found a common language without some problem. We had some negative moments firstly, but after she saw this forum and understood that I am not alone :joystick:, she surrendered. Furthermore she have registered on our forum and tried to communicate with community. She don't love aviation, but she see that I have a good friends here, and that enough to indulgence :smilewink:.

I advice you to try acquaint your wife with an our forum, and with real people, who like this simulator, if it possible. It can help.

I must admit I have excellent wife :). We have found a common language without some problem. We had some negative moments firstly, but after she saw this forum and understood that I am not alone :joystick:, she surrendered. Furthermore she have registered on our forum and tried to communicate with community. She don't love aviation, but she see that I have a good friends here, and that enough to indulgence :smilewink:.

I advice you to try acquaint your wife with an our forum, and with real people, who like this simulator, if it possible. It can help.

Agreed.

Married for ten, together for 14 years, both Thirty-Somethings and Happily indulging my Hobby with her support.

Once explained, she understood and leaves me to my own devices...........and it helps that I'm at home in my Me-Time and not at the Local downing Pints :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I used to think my girfriend was gonna be a key factor for me not enjoying LOMAC and FC as much as I wanted and she was on a right path in first months of our relationship. It's been a 3,5 years since we met and in the first few months she was polite enough not to bitch about me having headphones, TIR hat and HOTAS in my hands. She was also interested in what's all the fuzz about so I kindly explained what's the deal here! She's a native Ukraininan, I mean her parents are but she's born here in Zagreb, Croatia. Her name is Natasha. She speaks Russian and Ukrainian like her mother tongue.

So I made a useful, tactical move here. You know how RL RuAF squadrons usually record their own warning sounds (Naggin Nadja). Actually, they call that girl who's voice they have Natasha. So I made LOFC custom warning sounds with my girfriends voice!

She's good with that and never complains of me playing into small hours!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This 3 page article pretty much sums it up:

http://www.simhq.com/_air7/air_241a.html

:megalol:

"Remember, you're not alone..."

I tell my fiancee I'm going to go fly and she knows I'll be out for at least three hours and being interrupted isn't really an option once I enter the "man room". She takes time to do her own things, and the time away makes for better time spent together later on! Just be specific about what you want to do (women appreciate honesty) and hopefully she'll understand - but it will only work if you stick to your guns (literally) once you step into the "man cave"! It does take some 'meeting halfway', and that goes for your wife too! :smilewink:

Besides, whomever said "get her a laptop" is totally right!!! It's the perfect "wife-sitter" and in some way makes them take part in your computer geekiness (albeit in different rooms).

EDIT: Send her to this virtual fashion game/site and she'll stay clear for hours: www.missbimbo.com :music_whistling::lol: I usually have to pry my fiancee off the laptop well after I'm done flying. She's hooked...!!

Edited by LawnDart
MyBimbo

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I just taught my wife how to go to Youtube and search Celine Dion videos, and she is as happy as a clam watching her favorite singer :)

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5