sim-mod updates

rattler

I think it is time to ask the sim-mod team what is going on. Since it's formation and attachment to DCS we have only received a couple of beta projects and the A10A. A far cry from what we expected. We have had little to no update information as to what is going on. Where do all the projects stand? Is DCS taking all their time? Are our modders burnt out and giving up for a while or permantely? Can we expect finished projects shortly? I think it is time for a detailed statement from the team as to where everything stands at the present time. Like how much is left on the beta projects, timeframes for completion, etc. VNAO and ADA and some of our community modders are moving right along and Sim-Mod seems to have come to a hault. Time for a detailed update. Long overdue. Hope someone sees fit in providing this information to us. I know it has been a long hard road and a lot of effort but have the sim-mod team reached a burn out stage and need a rest. God knows they could probably use one.Cheers.:thumbup:

A far cry from what we expected.

Time for a detailed update. Long overdue

Sounds like they work for you. May I remind you that they are doing this on their own free time. If you can't understand that, maybe you should start creating mods and have hundreds of people demand for updates, then you will know how they feel. Just calm down, I'm sure they are doing fine.

• Like 1

Want to work on Lockon for Lockon well coming up here.

www.gozr.net/defcon

It always take time to make a Mod.

You will not get any argument out of me on that statement. I just think it is time for a good update on where the projects for LOFC stand. As I said we have the A10A thank god but that appeals only to the ground pounders. There is much, much more being developed for all, terrain, airports, objects, etc. which appeal to all simmers. Just questions and for god sake don't take this as a vent, because it is not. Just a nice detailed outline of what state everything is in with maybe some possible release dates, that's all. This team has worked hard and I would never, repeat never vent on their efforts. They have given more of themselves to LOFC and ED than we can possibly imagine. How they have done it is beyond me. If they need a rest away from this then so be it. Got no problem with that. Maybe they should do just that. It must be extremely hard with free time, family etc. so maybe an nice update and let them take a break.

• Like 1

Yeniceri is gone for the time being, trouble in real life, nothing serious but he will be back.

Rocky, I havn't seen him in a couple months. But borchi is working on the F-15.

Look to clear things up, sim-mod is not "dead," A LOT of activity goes on in the beta threads. There was almost 3000 post in the A-10 thread, and that's only from a couple of guys. So trust me, there is work being done. And No, DCS is not taking up all of our time. I know it seems like an easy target to blame, but no its not true.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeniceri is gone for the time being, trouble in real life, nothing serious but he will be back.

Rocky, I havn't seen him in a couple months. But borchi is working on the F-15.

Look to clear things up, sim-mod is not "dead," A LOT of activity goes on in the beta threads. There was almost 3000 post in the A-10 thread, and that's only from a couple of guys. So trust me, there is work being done. And No, DCS is not taking up all of our time. I know it seems like an easy target to blame, but no its not true.

Thanks Super. I had a feeling I would hear from you and actual am glad you answered. You I can believe not that I don't believe the others too but you give that little extra info that we look for. You have always been up front with me in the past and it has worked out, so thanks for answering here.Cheers.:thumbup:

A little OT, but: I wonder why some guys (PythonOne in this specific case) always get that defensive when someone asks for an update. No one said "move your a****!". It was more like "are your a**** still moving?". I think this is absolutely O.K.and shows the interest in WIP projects.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I'm taking some time out from SIM-MOD projects as my specific skills aren't needed at this point in the projects we have on, so I'm building missions to give you all something to do...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=31274

Also, even if you're not a ground pounder at heart, go fly the missions that we made for the SIM-MOD A-10A, there are both single and two player versions of every mission, and in some cases I even made a four player edition.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In reality if only one person is currently working on a new project (Modeling)and has not yet asked for others to contribute their special skills. Then you may not hear any news for awhile. Currently i have things to do in real life and Yenceri has not contacted me about any work

• Like 1

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

I have not been active for a while due to new employment and it's taking it out of me. Hope to get some things done maybe back end of this year and hopefully BS will be out but who knows!

I have some things I want to keep until BS is released and it is looking exceptional with loads of twiddly bits for all you twiddlers, too complicated for me but easy mode is great. You are all going to be knocked off your perches like a Norweigan Blue :)

Holiday time for me.

Mizzy

• Like 1

In my opinion I think making 'requests' like this is not nice and I tend to agree with PythonOne on this... if anyone chooses to start a mod and they do it on their own free time and for free technically they don't 'owe' anything to anyone so I feel it is not nice to say 'it's time for an update' etc... on the other hand I understand they people feel left out as they were 'promised' tons of mods and it been a while and many of these mods were not reliesed yet... so from this perspective it is also not nice to announce and 'promise' all these nice mods and then all gets quiet and forgoten... so I think to follow bit of ethics it would be better to keep quiet if you're started working on something that will take long time to complete, rather then make many people all hyped up about it then we get things like this...

just my 2c...

No longer active in DCS...

so I think to follow bit of ethics it would be better to keep quiet if you're started working on something that will take long time to complete, rather then make many people all hyped up about it then we get things like this...

just my 2c...

Hence the name : Project Firefly over at SIM-MOD :thumbup:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree, we just need to be updated more often, I used to check SimMod every day but now I only check once a week, while I and no doubt countless others appreciate ALL the hard work being done by ANY modder it's nice to be kept updated. I'm wondering what happened to the 'seasons' update, the Airbase update and others. This is not a B***H, it's just nice to be informed

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I mean you gotta understand that we're all human too. We got lives outside of lock on too (although my post count contradicts that) :P

For example, borchi who is working on the F-15C just recently got to work again because he was busy taking care of some relatives due to sickness. I mean he apologizes for the delay but he shouldn't have to, he doesn't owe us anything as stated above. But he's a nice guy for doing this nonetheless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SUPER ..... we understand about that and believe me I know more than most at the moment... all we were asking for is say ...a monthly update as to whats happening with all the mods. I know life goes on outside Modding and most member have families,work etc

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

In my opinion I think making 'requests' like this is not nice and I tend to agree with PythonOne on this... if anyone chooses to start a mod and they do it on their own free time and for free technically they don't 'owe' anything to anyone so I feel it is not nice to say 'it's time for an update' etc... on the other hand I understand they people feel left out as they were 'promised' tons of mods and it been a while and many of these mods were not reliesed yet... so from this perspective it is also not nice to announce and 'promise' all these nice mods and then all gets quiet and forgoten... so I think to follow bit of ethics it would be better to keep quiet if you're started working on something that will take long time to complete, rather then make many people all hyped up about it then we get things like this...

just my 2c...

You forget that the modders themselves formed a group to do these addons to LOFC and made a commitment to the forum. They formed Sim-Mod in conjunction with ED in order to achieve this goal. You are mixing apples and oranges. If you want to do a mod and keep it to yourself, fill your boots.

The Sim-Mod team has my full support. I just asked for some news on what was going on with the projects. If the whole team wants to take a break from modding, I have no problem with that. they surely deserve to have time to themselves to do what every they wish to do without the worry of getting mods done for us. If we got some info and understood where the mods are at, that would be enough for me and let the team take a break if they so wish. At least we would know what is going on and what to expect. Seems like when ever anyone asks a question about a project, there are a few modders jumping down our throats tell us to wait and when its done its done and begrudge any information. Not good from this end. We have seen the comments in this thread and I believe they are uncalled for.

rattler

You usually see things pick up later in the year...you know holidays, summer breaks, a general slowdown during june, july, august. Then the dark nights set in and the cold and then err hey there is my computer again.....now what shall I do...ah yes forgot to finish this and that off for the LO and BS community.

You know the picture, it happens every year probably why most games are launched at the back end of the year or early in the year!!

Mizzy

rattler

You usually see things pick up later in the year...you know holidays, summer breaks, a general slowdown during june, july, august. Then the dark nights set in and the cold and then err hey there is my computer again.....now what shall I do...ah yes forgot to finish this and that off for the LO and BS community.

You know the picture, it happens every year probably why most games are launched at the back end of the year or early in the year!!

Mizzy

Mizzy, there is some wisdom in that statement!Won't fault that statement. Besides they should take a break.