Update of Air to Air refuling

Germane

Last info from ED was that it's planned, but no time frame was given.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, Germane said:

Hallo together,

is it planned to rework the air to air refuling, so that the basket/cable gets a real physik and collision system?

And here I thought I was making good progress in performing AAR for the first time, then you want to jump in and just make it harder again 😡

• Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Some years ago, as the A-10C cames out, the Boom had a collision model and it was ... a challange, not to crash your canopy. 😅

• Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So ED, I would say it is time to give us an update of the current status 😉 Is it still plant and when get we any infos?

vor einer Stunde schrieb unlikely_spider:

And here I thought I was making good progress in performing AAR for the first time, then you want to jump in and just make it harder again 😡

Not harder...more realistic 😉

vor 38 Minuten schrieb VTJS17_Fire:

Some years ago, as the A-10C cames out, the Boom had a collision model and it was ... a challange, not to crash your canopy. 😅

Oh I didnt know. Sounds interesting. Why was it removed?

On 2/25/2021 at 2:11 PM, Germane said:

Hallo together,

is it planned to rework the air to air refuling, so that the basket/cable gets a real physik and collision system?

It was mentioned together with S3B Tanker rework long back, so perhaps not so distant future now...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

No need for Sea Stallion, this is a real concern with all probe and drogue aircraft, especially using a boom-drogue adapter to tank from a boom tanker. It's called the "iron maiden" for a reason, and it's very difficult to work with, it basically combines the worst parts of both the boom and the basket. Even disengaging from a regular drogue is risky, because the hose may whip around and snap the probe off if you do it wrong.

Will we have an option someday to hook up "dry" ? Just to practice staying connected without ending up with topped up tanks.

• Like 1

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

21 hours ago, bengo said:

Will we have an option someday to hook up "dry" ? Just to practice staying connected without ending up with topped up tanks.

Maybe plane-dependent, but can your fuel dump be opened during AAR?

Edit - just try to keep it on the down low, re: taxpayers and/or the EPA

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1