F2 External view - mouse not panning around aircraft

Hi all,

I recently accidentally cleared all my controller and keyboard settings for my F/A-18C, I ended up re coding most of them but now when I’m in F2 external view, I cannot pan around the aircraft using the mouse. 

I don’t really want to reset my keyboard settings back to default as I’ve already set my keyboard control bindings.. does anyone know what the name of the mouse setting so I can re assign my mouse to this command?

Thanks!

Matt Jensen

i7 8700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, Saitek X-55 Rhino, Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 Pro Clip

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, no panning at all with mouse in F2 or F1.  I am running DCS World 2.7 Open Beta.  Sorry can't remember if it was working when I first installed DCS...

The panning does how ever work in DCS World 2.5,  so I'm thinking it's something to do with the 2.7 Beta.  I'm thinking maybe of reinstalling the Beta, I like how fast it loads. 😀

I know this doesn't help, I just wanted to say there is a differance between visions.  Thanks,.

avatar168005_1.thumb.gif.1013ed8925fa064

Rustym00se

OK! I'm back with some good results.  I was starting up DCS and low and be hold there is an update to the 2.7 Open Beta.  With the update installed (2.7.1) the F2 and F1 panning is now working once again.  Since I'm new at DCS I can now go back to learning to fly and not troubleshooting.  So, if you are running the Beta, I would try up grading.  Thanks, Rustym00se

My Machine:

• CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K 6-Core 3.2GHz
• RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR4 RGB (4x8)
• GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
• Motherboard: ASUS Rog Maximus XI Hero Z390 (WI-FI))
• Power Supply: CORSAIR RM1000X
• Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper, 4 Heat pipes, 2 Fans
• Keyboard: Logitech G910
• Mouse: Corsair gaming
• Headphones: Turtle Beach PX22
• Microphone: Yeti 192KHZ/24BIT Cardioid Condenser Microphone
• Stream Cam: Logitech c620
• Monitor: 2-Dell 22”, 1-Acer 27”

Mouse views are an assignable control axis, so wiping out your controls would have made it go away. It's simple enough to set back up if you need to though, this is where they are:

Capture.JPG

Mouse view panning is also disabled whenever the comm menu is open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

The same last time .... hmmm.... sometime is working, sometime not (with Mi-24).

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yesterday i had this problem, too. Still there after reboot. I'm using the open beta.

And it's not only in the hornet. (Sorry realized i'm in the hornet thread after posting)

Panning and zooming by mouse wheel is not possible in F2 view or other external views.

Control of view with keyboard controls is working. (Shift+NumPad /  , ...)

The mouse is correctly assigned in axis controls. I didn't change anything there.

A friend of mine experienced it about 4 weeks ago, but it went away after an dcs update.

Edited by Sile

10 minutes ago, Sile said:

Yesterday i had this problem, too. Still there after reboot. I'm using the open beta.

And it's not only in the hornet. (Sorry realized i'm in the hornet thread after posting)

Panning and zooming by mouse wheel is not possible in F2 view or other external views.

Control of view with keyboard controls is working. (Shift+NumPad /  , ...)

The mouse is correctly assigned in axis controls. I didn't change anything there.

A friend of mine experienced it about 4 weeks ago, but it went away after an dcs update.

maybe the option now is report a bug?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 minute ago, Sile said:

?

Yep I saw it (before this I reply to you).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• ED Team

Please describe step-by-step how do you get this bug.

Note: there is known bug (fixed already in internal version, fix will be available in the next OB update):

- take Mi-24

- switch to Operator

- look into Aiming Device (even with closed doors)

bug: no more external view F2 mouse pan

• Like 1

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• 4 weeks later...

it just happens.  You log into a mission (we have it happen on our multiplayer servers, no particular mission), and on rare occasions folks suddenly have no mouse wheel/panning in-game.  The mouse cursor still moves around for clicking buttons and stuff.

We've had it happen to several, but not all folks who log into a mission, so it almost seems like it is triggered by something on the server side, but not for everyone.

You also can't zoom the F10 map when this occurs.  F2 and F6 views cannot be panned/zoomed.  Mouselook in the cockpit does not work, but the mouse buttons still work.

Rescanning Devices does not help.  In the Control Options screen you can see the mouse is detected and bound properly.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. Mouse panning was lost here too.

Fixed when I found where these options were located. (Hiding in axis controls and not in views where I had been searching)

On 5/26/2021 at 4:38 AM, Bunny Clark said:

Mouse views are an assignable control axis, so wiping out your controls would have made it go away. It's simple enough to set back up if you need to though, this is where they are:

Capture.JPG

Mouse view panning is also disabled whenever the comm menu is open.

Edited by Terry Dactil

• 1 year later...

Just did a fresh DCS complete reinstall... now I can't pan or zoom view in F2. Mouse axis are set, but even trying to clear/reassign mouse Z isn't detected like most key binding.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2023 at 12:20 PM, Joker Shadow said:

had same issue just re-designate mouse axis in the aircraft control setting they look they're ok but if you re-select each axis again it'll hopefully resolve the issue

really?

Ima try that. EDIT: no it does not work. I'll remove all mods and run a long repair. See if that helps. Otherwise, I'm call it quits. 

Edited by SPAS79