Wahoo the exhaust flames are back…

Rebel28

I never had exhaust flames in my P51 (bought it too recently I guess) but I love that they are here ! I was very scared when seeing fire in front of me when I first started my engine but I guess it's ... normal ? Is it ?

Anyhow, good job to the P51 developers, much appreciated.

• Like 1

I've got mixed feelings about these. It's great to have them in all V-12 warbirds now and it's great that they change colour depending on mixture and time of the day / lighting conditions, but the actual "slow motion" individual flame animation of them, being the same whether the engine idles on the ground or screams in the air at 300+ MPH gives a rather sloppy impression. A rather noticeable issue to improve in the future. Fortunately, not noticeable when sittin in the cockpit ;).

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

3 hours ago, Art-J said:

I've got mixed feelings about these. It's great to have them in all V-12 warbirds now and it's great that they change colour depending on mixture and time of the day / lighting conditions, but the actual "slow motion" individual flame animation of them, being the same whether the engine idles on the ground or screams in the air at 300+ MPH gives a rather sloppy impression. A rather noticeable issue to improve in the future. Fortunately, not noticeable when sittin in the cockpit ;).

For me slow motion is too hard even for idle.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

They'll probably tweak them to account for power. One thing I noticed is that some seem a little oversized or are slightly out of alignment.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

some do seem a bit off agreed, but i like having them on, one thing i ask though is, if i start a new mission they are there...cool, but if i start an old mission they are not, first i thought is because they are in a older pre 2,7 patch but surely its the same bird?

On 5/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, thrustvector said:

some do seem a bit off agreed, but i like having them on, one thing i ask though is, if i start a new mission they are there...cool, but if i start an old mission they are not, first i thought is because they are in a older pre 2,7 patch but surely its the same bird?

No idea, have you tried re-saving the mission in 2.7?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 years later...
On 4/15/2021 at 7:21 AM, Rebel28 said:

We don’t have the smoke with them yet but the flames are back. This has been missing since 1.5.

Someday we can only hope that we might get the 150 fuel.

I had written ED about lack of exhaust port flames in what I thought was only the last 2.7. and 2.8 updates,and they said they 
would get back to Me. That did not happen yet. 

The videos I can find on youtube that show the flames were from 5 to 7 years ago. I did see a Spitfire that was much sooner.
Many treat DCS with wanting it to be as realistic as possible, and some videos never show the inside of the warbirds.
   So this post is from May of 21 and I only just found it because I did a differently worded search and now that 2.8.8
is out, I would like to have My F4 key show some nice video of flames.  Night fighters had special plates placed in front
of exhaust ports so oncoming enemy planes would not see the flames, as a V12 or turbo charged system is cooking...   
       Clear Skies and I sure am looking forward to the F4U Corsair coming Our way soon.  Be nice to have a 4n/5n Night Fighter version.

• 5 months later...

I do not think I ever had smoke.   Engine Exhaust port flames I have on all Prop planes.
I purchased the Campaign ( debden eagles ) because I saw it had flames, as it was made
over 6 years ago.  Ever sense, Ive had flames through the past dcs updates with no problems.
  Changing engine pitch makes the colors change and Purple flames are the BEST  !!!!

I had others criticize Me saying DCS brought flames back 3 updates ago. Someone reported me and 

You tube would not allow me to upload anything for several months and I'm paying for Premium. I hope You get them back. 

Clear Skies
    Mike
 I am not sure if any of these 3 have flames but look on DCS User download area and you will find Tracks that show the flames now

dark pg p51 flight.miz p51 Paris Midnight.miz p5130 new OB.miz