DCS freeze when joining RIO

ustio

I am feed up from this crashing issue. Every time, or every couple times, I re-spawn with the Tomcat , DCS freezes.

I personally cannot have fun with this module when I spend so much time dealing with crashes. Multiplayer is impossible and embarrassing when flying with other people, specially when they used other modules without any issue.

I would expect this bug to get TOP priority above anything else, it is impossible to enjoy the Tomcat like this, at least for me. After all the hours I have put into learning the module, switching to another module at this point feels depressing.

• Like 4

Totally agree ! 

Edited by Burt
  • Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

agree!!!!Thats too shame!

On 6/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, Slice313 said:

I am feed up from this crashing issue. Every time, or every couple times, I re-spawn with the Tomcat , DCS freezes.

I personally cannot have fun with this module when I spend so much time dealing with crashes. Multiplayer is impossible and embarrassing when flying with other people, specially when they used other modules without any issue.

I would expect this bug to get TOP priority above anything else, it is impossible to enjoy the Tomcat like this, at least for me. After all the hours I have put into learning the module, switching to another module at this point feels depressing.

• Like 2
  • GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

On 6/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, Kula66 said:

If it is of any help, this (freezing on second mission load) was happening to me fairly frequently, and at BIGNEWY's suggestion, I renamed my 'Saved Game' DCs folder, allowed it to create a new one and copied in my missions and scripts directories and the problem hasn't reoccurred - not saying its fixed, but in a few days, it hasn't happened again.

Is there a step-by-step for this process for Steam users? 

5 hours ago, jfnelson0127 said:

Is there a step-by-step for this process for Steam users? 

What helped me (only one crash-freeze since) is set program compatibility to Win8 or Win7. However do be warned that loading times will escalate.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 6/25/2021 at 4:55 AM, Slice313 said:

Edit: FWIW, before reading the reply I wrote below, I have participated on ED's side of the early access program (as well as the public open beta program) since the Hornet came out in 2018, and I am well aware of the pitfalls of early access, and the patience required to wait out fixes. What makes this worth it is ED's emphasis on communicating issues on a REGULAR BASIS. Even if it's to say that the issue is known, a solution has not been achieved, but it is still being worked on.

Unfortunately, I agree as well. Even more frustrating is the lack of any regular feedback from the Heatblur team here on this thread, even if it's to say something to the effect that the problem is still not solved, but continues to be worked on and they are reminding ED of this issue regularly. I can easily say that if Heatblur was half as good at customer service as they are at making truly great modules, the frustration level would be minimal at worst. This will definitely be the last time I purchase a Heatblur module in early access. Next time, it won't be until the module is fully released, regardless of how long that takes. 

Edited by Fropa
  • Like 2

DCS 2.7.3.8494 The Tomcat still crashes DCS.exe when during 2nd or consecutive respawns (not always but very, very often)

I really hoped for this issues to be fixed with this beta, I guess not. 😓

I already tried deleting all my missions, Mods etc just in case, repairing DCS, deleted and created a new "My saves games -  DCS" folder.... I tried, but the Tomcat still crashes during respawn. The F-18 for example, doesn't crash.

13 hours ago, Fropa said:

I can easily say that if Heatblur was half as good at customer service as they are at making truly great modules, the frustration level would be minimal at worst. This will definitely be the last time I purchase a Heatblur module in early access. Next time, it won't be until the module is fully released, regardless of how long that takes.

If they are not good at customer service I don't know who is. FYI mature, fully released modules can start to crash and get new bugs in any future version of DCS 🙂

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 6/28/2021 at 6:19 AM, captain_dalan said:

What helped me (only one crash-freeze since) is set program compatibility to Win8 or Win7. However do be warned that loading times will escalate.

Just to be clear. Were you experiencing a crash (with a crashlog) or just freeze (with out a crash log)?

On 6/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, Slice313 said:

It probably does have priority. The cause and solutions to hangs or crashes are not always obvious and can be quite complicated. It will just take time. I think everyone needs to calm down a bit and be patient. There is a workaround which is to restart DCS between uses.

They said they are waiting on ED for information. If they had anything they would say. Just be patient.

11 hours ago, draconus said:

If they are not good at customer service I don't know who is. FYI mature, fully released modules can start to crash and get new bugs in any future version of DCS 🙂

As stated above, ED provides exceptional customer service, and I stated why, so we disagree on that point, and that is ok. You just need to remember that we all do not have the information that you probably have access to as a DCS Ground Crew member.  As to your second point, I am aware of this. Having owned the A-10C Warthog module for quite some time, I've been through it, and it's really not that bad. That's because ED is excellent at communicating on a regular basis, including timely responses to issues brought up here on the forums.

12 hours ago, ustio said:

Just to be clear. Were you experiencing a crash (with a crashlog) or just freeze (with out a crash log)?

Freeze i can only get out of by ctr+alt+delete and terminating the process (DCS not responding), and once even that didn't help and i hat to restart the PC

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

12 hours ago, Fropa said:

...we all do not have the information that you probably have access to as a DCS Ground Crew member.

No, we're just regular forum users with volunteer help and support mission.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. It doesn't do this in every instance (hang/freeze). See sig for PC specs.

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

On 7/23/2021 at 2:25 AM, 72westy said:

Same here. It doesn't do this in every instance (hang/freeze). See sig for PC specs.

not to be that guy. but are you on open Beta or stable?

becuase the version that has this fix is currently on open beta

On 7/27/2021 at 3:59 PM, ustio said:

not to be that guy. but are you on open Beta or stable?

becuase the version that has this fix is currently on open beta

Stable

System 1:

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.4123 - Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)/32GB G-Skill Trident X DDR3 CL7-8-8-24/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB - drivers 551.61/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/1TB Crucial MX 500 SSD/(x2)1TBMushkinRAWSSDs/2TB PNY CS900 SSD/Corsair RM750w PSU/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/34" LG LED Ultrawide 2560x1080p/Saitek X56 HOTAS/TrackIR 5 Pro/Thermaltake Tt esports Commander Gear Combo/Oculus Quest 2/TM 2xMFD Cougar/InateckPCIeUSB3.2KU5211-R

System 2:

Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3447 - MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US - i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/32GB DDR5 5600mhz RAM/RTX 4060/2TB nVME SSD/4TB 2.5in SSD/650w Gold PSU

1 hour ago, 72westy said:

Stable

You'll have to wait for the current OB version to reach stable then 😕