Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

2 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Any thought for this plane? Since you didn't answer, asking again. Thx so much for your awesome contribution.

Hi, well, the JF-17 already has this system where you can pick waypoints from the F10 map and transfer to the jet, so unlikely

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 5:17 AM, Str][ker said:

I wanted to share a video I made demonstrating your excellent program. It shows its use from a VR user's perspective. I utilized the great suggestion from @nighteyes2017 to include using scratchpad to get around the problems of figuring out where The Way is going to grab the map co-ordinates from. I'll include the link below for your reference. Please let me know if I missed anything or made errors.

Hi so the theway circle doesn't show up in the headset for you either? If that's true i'll have to install scratch pad too.

@Comrade Doge Thanks so much for this awesome utility.  I was using the older version in the Apache for a long time and finally upgraded to the current release so I can use it from the CPG seat as well. 👍

I am having one issue that I haven't seen mentioned here:  After loading a few waypoints into the aircraft, if I then clear out the previous points (with the trashcan icon) and add new ones, and then transfer them to the aircraft, it transfers the ones I had deleted as well.  Am I not clearing the old ones out properly?

Thanks!

• Like 2

@Comrade DogeHello, I have scratchpad up and running with the way and all seems to work well except that I cannot get the VR shortcuts working. I have to come out of VR and click "New Waypoint" then manually click save. I am on the latest version 212.

Thanks again.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

2 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

@Comrade Doge Thanks so much for this awesome utility.  I was using the older version in the Apache for a long time and finally upgraded to the current release so I can use it from the CPG seat as well. 👍

I am having one issue that I haven't seen mentioned here:  After loading a few waypoints into the aircraft, if I then clear out the previous points (with the trashcan icon) and add new ones, and then transfer them to the aircraft, it transfers the ones I had deleted as well.  Am I not clearing the old ones out properly?

Thanks!

Hello, if you can, please DM me with a video of the issue so I can get it fixed

Just now, Comrade Doge said:

Will do, could you suggest the best app for videoing this. Additionally is there any plans to support Pre planned target support in the Hornet?

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

On 7/21/2023 at 5:28 PM, thekow said:

Hi so the theway circle doesn't show up in the headset for you either? If that's true i'll have to install scratch pad too.

Correct, the headset does not show anything. You pretty much need scratchpad to get this working in VR

16 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

Thanks!

@Comrade Doge I had this happen as well in the F-18. I clear out old waypoints and then add new ones. The old ones get added as well. Also, that Don't Ask Again button is not working still. I updated to the hotfix as requested.

14 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

I am investigating the issues, trying to reproduce them. in the meantime, try uninstalling it completely by using the Uninstaller, then install it again. I will try to get at the bottom of this

Will do. Did you need a video which demonstrates the Deleted waypoints issue? What happens:

1) Add three waypoints to The Way

2) Transfer -> The Way enters the three waypoints to the aircraft

3) Delete Waypoints from The Way (they are no longer displayed)

4) Add 1 new waypoint to The Way

5) Transfer -> The Way enters 4 waypoints to the aircraft. The order added is: The first three then the new one. So new waypoints get appended to the old waypoint list.

Note: The above is performed using the hot keys which were added for VR.

I will try uninstalling and then installing to see if that helps with the Don't Ask Again issue.

@Comrade DogeIs it possible that selecting "The Way" Run as adminstrator may have been my fix. That seemed to correlate with my problem being rectified. In any case, I'm all good. Thanks again. Great mod!

On 7/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, Skywalker154 said:

Hi guys, i have the same issue. an idea to solve ?

What is the solution to get rid of the black square? 

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:44 AM, Comrade Doge said:

I don't have a video, but can confirm this occurs for me in the Viper as well. 

I will use the trashcan to delete say, waypoints 1 and 2, then when I add new waypoints they are entered as 3 and 4. When transferring to the aircraft TheWay will transfer all 4 waypoints (the 2 previously deleted, and the 2 new ones).

Check out my YouTube channel.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Is this app possible to use in VR? I tired my best, but no luck.

Actually I managed to designate the green circle on the F10 map, then do the alt+tab to windesktop and click SAVE button in the app (all outside of VR headset, which was just there haning on top of my head - really annoyjing stuff). Would be so awesome to have this app inside VR one day.

Anyone tell me how I get the keyboard to show. Downloaded a latest version of Scratch pad on a new computer but no long shows the Keyboard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb