no "first impression" from the Russians yet?

leafer

Oh, this is killing moi. I thought I would wake up to a plethora of giddy Russians taunting and neenering us and how they know how not to fly the Ka-50.

dang it. don't make me put my bra on and chuck that keg of whooping!

:baby::baby::baby:

:D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

It'll happen guys, just give it a few days...the weekend at least. Those who DO have it are probably buried in the content learning how to fly.

Last thing on their mind is wasting precious flying time posting on the forum. We'll all be there when the English version arrives. Screw the world, save yourself...fly a KA-50 ;)

:pilotfly:

Oh how I wish that was me sitting in that pit on that gloomy day...waiting for take-off clearance...

How did the person put Eagle D on the HUD? Or is that their official troll hunting attack helo? :D

To give you an idea - the Russian forum members are all very excited and very happy so far. They are generally impressed with the complexity of the model and are finding it very challenging. If not outright crashing, many are causing significant damage when trying to land or messing with the engines. On the other hand, some have managed to land quite well. Basically, as far as flying the Ka-50 goes, everyone is having a ton of fun, which, honestly, is to be expected. That is the jewel of this product.

Nobody has even attempted any serious combat yet - they can see that it will take some learning, although some have fired up the quick start mission, mainly resulting in a first impression with the damage model :D. People are mostly trying out the flight model, attempting landings and take-offs. They are also watching the training tracks and other tracks included in the release. Some have reported spending an hour to an hour and a half on learning the start up procedure. This is funny (and scary), but trust me, after just a couple of runs, you will have it down and it will only take a few minutes.

A very important note - most people are reporting surprisingly good performance, even on higher-end settings. Hopefully, this will remain to be the case.

Of course, there are a few users experiencing some technical problems, either with installation or in-game. ED and the Russian-speaking testers are trying to keep track of and fix these as they appear. ED has already released a replacement input file to fix an input issue. This file will now be included in the western version and a patch to the Russian version later.

I think that probably summarizes most of the first impressions.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

many are causing significant damage when trying to land or messing with the engines.

Do you have time to elaborate on that? When messing with the engine what kind of damage occurred? To the engine itself or to the descend rate?

Nobody has even attempted any serious combat yet - they can see that it will take some learning, although some have fired up the quick start mission, mainly resulting in a first impression with the damage model :D.

:D

Some have reported spending an hour to an hour and a half on learning the start up procedure. This is funny (and scary), but trust me, after just a couple of runs, you will have it down and it will only take a few minutes.

:D:D:D

A very important note - most people are reporting surprisingly good performance, even on higher-end settings. Hopefully, this will remain to be the case.

I wonder how it'll perform on a computer without a monitor. :D I can turn everything on and I ain't gotta worry about FPS!

ED has already released a replacement input file to fix an input issue. This file will now be included in the western version and a patch to the Russian version later.

I think that probably summarizes most of the first impressions.

Thank you, sire. Appreciate the quick peek.

wowo, you're welcome, but nobody said anything definitive about Monday. All we know is that 1C will *likely* release the DL version next week. Please, don't read anything more into those words and take them literally. That way, you won't be disappointed, but might be pleasently surprised.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

ED has already released a replacement input file to fix an input issue. This file will now be included in the western version and a patch to the Russian version later.

I knew there had to be a bright side to waiting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

wowo, you're welcome, but nobody said anything definitive about Monday. All we know is that 1C will *likely* release the DL version next week. Please, don't read anything more into those words and take them literally. That way, you won't be disappointed, but might be pleasently surprised.

Indeed.

Expect it to be Sunday next week and let yourself be pleasently surprised ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think this 3 months of waiting would be some kind of "battle training" of the BS. Our russian friends with kind and patient, are proving the software, testing it in the most wide computer specs and hardware combinations, and ED are taking notes, fixing it and including it in the western release.

Really we are very lucky, all this job will produce a cleaner, more developed and better simulator. The Wag´s mention about this file correction included in the western version is one example.

Thanks again for an awesome work. Only the begining of a new era in simulation.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

To give you an idea - the Russian forum members are all very excited and very happy so far. ...

...I think that probably summarizes most of the first impressions.

Thanks for the informations, it's always better to know what's happening, so we're not frustrated or disappointed !:smilewink:

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

No problem at all. I would like to say "until the monday after next week" in stead to be safe enough:pilotfly:

I love that screen shot. I gives you the feeling there's really a war going on out there and the sole purpose of all AI ground units is not just to either shoot you down or act as cannon fodder for you. That really helps with the immersion.

-- CoolHand

The other graphic issue i was happy about is the main rotor mechanics, when it's running, i just get so fascinated.

Nuw i'm finished with my last beer tonight and fall asleep being really happy ))

I'm glad we are on the same page, beer will flow !!!:pilotfly:

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

I like this one that was posted in the Russian forums.

WoW!!!!!:thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=20071&d=1224333692

A bit big but it's a cool SS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick: