multi monitor picture request !

Hi all. It woul be awsome if you all would help me with this... This will be my first time trying this so I do't know athing abou the.lua or the other acronyms. If I needto d/l Phantom Monitor, how do I install it? I have 2 monitors

1. 46 inch Sony Bravia scrn res= 1680x1050 main monitor in center

2. 17 inch Dell scrn res= 1280x1050 2nd monitor to right of main

If you have time to help with this, that would be awsome. Thanks in advance......

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went looking to run 2 monitors. But, one is not a monitor, one is a 46" LCD HDTV. I use HDMI cable from the Radeon video card to the LCD TV. I already use that to fly on. I want to add the regular 20" Computer monitor for the instruments.

I already went over the information in this thread. It did not help me..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36551

anyone else do this setup? I already tried several variations of the scripting shown in the thread I posted.

I have a ATI Radeon with Catalyst software for the video card.

Thanx..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I just saw your post..

I have a 46" LCD HDTV. I ise that to fly with. I also have a 20" computer monitor I want to use to display the Abris. I use an HDMI cable from my ATI Radeon video card using the ATI Catalyst software.

I would like to know which LUA file did you finally use to get all yours working correctly? Is it what you posted or the info from Maddog011 ?

thank you,

BlackSharkAce and Maddog01,

What kind of framerates are you guys seeing after enabling this dual-monitor setup? I just got it working on my 37" HDTV (1920x1080) and 22" (1680x1050), with the 22" showing ABRIS and Shkval, and my framerates are atrocious ... I dropped from, I'd say, 25-30 FPS down to about 5.

I've got 2MonitorTest.lua set as follows:

Description = '2MonitorTest'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/9;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 3600;

y = 220;

width = 840;

height = 620;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 4440;

y = 0;

width = 840;

height = 1050;

}

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Hey Ramstein, whats up... I thought I'd be the only one with a setup like that!!!! Do you use a Sony? {Not to say one monitor brand is better than another} I just love flying with that huge screen in front of me, its very very immersive... If I had the $$$ it would have been great to go with a projector or similar. We'll, it was hard enough to get the wife to agree to the 46... Yes, I to use a DVI to HDMI, I have a SVGA on the back to but there is a difference between the two. What scrn. res. do you use? I found 1680x1050 looks pretty good. I wonder if the way there set up is part of the prob.??? I also use a ATI, its a X1950. Kinda wish I went with a HD series but got a 500. card for a good price back then.. Tks. in advance for any help with our dilemma.

I just saw your post..

I would like to know which LUA file did you finally use to get all yours working correctly? Is it what you posted or the info from Maddog011 ?

Under Vista in windowed mode with the Phantom Monitor Fix, I get Instant Actions framerates of about 50 with the following config (left 17" at 1024x768 with Shkval and ABRIS under DickDastardly's Touchbuddy profile overlay, center 37" at 1920x1080, right 22" nothing):

[b]DD_ShkABR+Cam+Phantom.lua:[/b]

Description = 'Shkval & ABRIS on the left, camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
               x = 1024; --(the width of your leftmost monitor)
	y = 0;
	width = 1920; --(the width of your primary monitor)
	height = 1080; --(the height of your primary monitor)
	viewDx = 0;
	viewDy = 0;
	aspect = 1.77;
}
}

Shkval =
{
	x = 17;
	y = 17;
	width = 486;
	height = 306;
}

ABRIS =
{
	x = 589;
	y = 161;
	width = 366;
	height = 447;
}

[b]options.lua[/b]

["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "dd_shkabr+cam+phantom",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 1,
       ["scenes"] = "high",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = false,
       ["visibRange"] = "High",
       ["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,
       ["textures"] = 2,
       ["shadows"] = 2,
       ["display_mode"] = 
       {
           ["avi"] = 
           {
               ["bpp"] = 32,
               ["resolution"] = "640x480",
               ["full_screen"] = false,
               ["aspect"] = 1.333333333,
               ["height"] = 480,
               ["width"] = 640,
           }, -- end of ["avi"]
       }, -- end of ["display_mode"]
       ["effects"] = 2,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["lights"] = 2,
       ["height"] = 1080,
       ["resolution"] = "1920x1080",
       ["civTraffic"] = 0,
       ["width"] = 2944,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]
} -- end of options

Hey all If you would help me, I would be very thankkfull. I havent donesomething like this before so I'm noobed on this. I'm running Vista 64 in 32 bit. I'm running BS in full screen mode. I have a Son Bravia 46, scrn. res.= 1680x1050 this is my main monitor in the center. 2nd monitor is a Dell 17 scrn. res.= 1280x1024. I've d/l Phantom Monitor but have not installed yet. I don't have DCS Multi Mon. I hope any questions needed have be listed. I don't have NotePad ++, I looked at it and didn't know even remotely how to install. Tks. in advance for ay help you could offer.....

Under Vista in windowed mode with the Phantom Monitor Fix, I get Instant Actions framerates of about 50 with the following config (left 17" at 1024x768 with Shkval and ABRIS under DickDastardly's Touchbuddy profile overlay, center 37" at 1920x1080, right 22" nothing):

I don't have Vista... I use WinXP... so does this apply?

nevermind, that scripting did not work at all for me... not even close...

It had the same picture on both my TV and monitor and was only a screenshot of a loading screen..

thanx anyways..

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Hey Ramstein, whats up... I thought I'd be the only one with a setup like that!!!! Do you use a Sony? {Not to say one monitor brand is better than another} I just love flying with that huge screen in front of me, its very very immersive... If I had the $$$ it would have been great to go with a projector or similar. We'll, it was hard enough to get the wife to agree to the 46... Yes, I to use a DVI to HDMI, I have a SVGA on the back to but there is a difference between the two. What scrn. res. do you use? I found 1680x1050 looks pretty good. I wonder if the way there set up is part of the prob.??? I also use a ATI, its a X1950. Kinda wish I went with a HD series but got a 500. card for a good price back then.. Tks. in advance for any help with our dilemma.

hi,

In my signature I have it shows the brand of the LCD TV. Samsung 46". plus a 20" Mitsubishi CRT Monitor. I have no clue what the LCD TV resolution is. Since I just plug in the HDMI cable into the Radon video card and it works with no adjustments needed. The screen resolution on the CRT Monitor is 1152x864. Maybe that is the same resolution passed through the HDMI cable to the LCD TV.

I saw all these forum threads explaining how to make 2 screens work, I tried to adopt the code from the lua files (from a few of the forums posts) to have my LCD TV and monitor work together. But, I have not been able to make the 20" monitor work as the display for the intruments. I keep trying the coding from different posts, and so far all I get is a messed up screen.

I have the Radeon X1950Pro 512mb in another one of my computers. It works about the same as the Radeon 2900 Pro. Though, I think the Radeon X1950 runs a bit hotter.

Looking though all these posts and al the different coding is giving me a huge headache..

The Radeon video card Catalyst software lets me choose 2 monitors to setup and in clone mode works great. But its the same exact picture on both the monitor and TV. So the only way to get the CRT monitor to work is to work on the lua files coding.

The options.lua file code is probably the one that is messing me up. I have to fgure out what info need to be in it. There are so many posts with completely different coding in them for the same file. The "pit_camera+abris+shkval" lua file probably isn't exactly right either for my setup.

I wish there was a thread for just those with LCD HDTV with computer monitor setups. And another thread for those with 2 computer monitors (LCD or CRT monitors). That way it could help seperate the solutions for 2 completely different types of setups. As it is now, they are mixed and confusing the hell out of me. At least making my eyes hurt and giving me a headache..

:doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Hey all If you would help me, I would be very thankkfull. I havent donesomething like this before so I'm noobed on this. I'm running Vista 64 in 32 bit. I'm running BS in full screen mode. I have a Son Bravia 46, scrn. res.= 1680x1050 this is my main monitor in the center. 2nd monitor is a Dell 17 scrn. res.= 1280x1024. I've d/l Phantom Monitor but have not installed yet. I don't have DCS Multi Mon. I hope any questions needed have be listed. I don't have NotePad ++, I looked at it and didn't know even remotely how to install. Tks. in advance for ay help you could offer.....

Notepad+++ you just unpack it and copy it to a folder.. name the folder it's install in (copied to) Notepad+++ if you like. The just run the exe file anytime you want to use it..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

• 2 months later...

hi guys...........

i finally manage to get a monochrome 9" old tv with AV option and RCA.

Unfortunately my graphic card has only 2 HDMI (Asus 8600GTS)outputs

and 1 S-Video.

I've got a cable S-video to RCA but nothing happened.

I have ordered a cable HDMI to RCA.

If this isnt going to work do you think that a i have to buy a second graphic card (with RCA output) and placed it with my Asus card ???

thanks in advance

stelios

From Greece

This is what I am going to do. I was able to resize the Shkval and the Abris to fit my cockpit measurements on a 22" wide. I will simply put the monitor behind the instrument panel and build a Abris bar.

HPIM0157.JPG

Edited by Schwinn

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading the whole topic, and I am afraid I didn't get it. Can you guys help me to create my lua file for this config?:

Monitor%20Setup.gif

Set up my BS in windowed mode and extended my windows desktop to those 3 screens (the 3 screens are working in windows, and I can see my mouse pointer seamlessly go from one screen to the others). Then I am lost. Thanks in advance for giving me a bit of your time.

Edited by BaD CrC

1. Read this: http://www.vaaf.net/wiki2/index.php5?title=Black_Shark_MultiMonitors I took great care in providing step by step instructions there that are relatively easy to understand.

2. Use the excel spreadsheet on that page to determine your numbers.

How are you running 3 screens? 2 video cards? (edit I see you have an SLI setup, but surely that only gives you 2 heads? Unless you have both a TH2G and a DH2G?) Need more details on your setup before we can help. Screenshot the windows monitor layout.

As a general principle (mentioned in a few places) you should try to keep the vertical resolution the same on all monitors to make the setup easier and avoid the multiplayer UI problems.

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I've been reading the whole topic, and I am afraid I didn't get it. Can you guys help me to create my lua file for this config?:

Click this bar to view the small image.

Set up my BS in windowed mode and extended my windows desktop to those 3 screens (the 3 screens are working in windows, and I can see my mouse pointer seamlessly go from one screen to the others). Then I am lost. Thanks in advance for giving me a bit of your time.

This is how I understand it. I may be wrong =) I hope so. I think you have to have all the resolutions set the same for it to work properly. So it will look like 5 monitors with 1280x1024 each (6400 x 1024) or if your smallest resolution is 800 x 600 then (4000 x 600)

monitor.JPG

I don't see a big issue with this setup, but with all the different size screens it will be tricky.

BS is going to have to render a full 5640x1440, which is over 8Mpx, so I hope you have a beefy system!

crc1.jpg.eb492b31e976033a39b28ee19d84cedb.jpg

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Sorry, I guess I was a little vague on my last question. Actually, this is how my set up looks like:

SIMG_3203.JPG

So I have one TH2G for my center 3 screens (3 x 1280x1024) connected on the first output of my first graphic card, one 7 inch screen in the bottom center 800x600 (first output of my second graphic card) and one 1440x900 rotated 90 degrees at the bottom right (second output of my first graphic card). I'm running Win XP.

Ruprecht, thanks, I will have a careful look at your link.

That shouldn't be a problem. You can have different resolutions on all monitors. So, if your three main monitors are 1280x1024, you keep your height at 1024 in options.lua. For the width, you just keep summing monitors together. Don't forget to use the MultiMonitorFix.

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 4/3;

},

Center =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 4/3;

},

Right =

{

x = 2560;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 4/3;

}

Shkval =

{

x = 3840;

y = 0;

width = 800;

height = 600;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 4640;

y = 0;

width = 787; //the perfect aspect ratio for ABRIS is 1.3

height = 1024;

}

}

So in options.lua you would set 5427*1024 The only problem is smaller ABRIS image. If you add extra height, image will extend below main monitors. That's how i would try to set the whole thing.

One more thing. Does anybody know how to move the communication menu to the left? It now appears on the right monitor instead on main and it's annoying.

Edited by PlainSight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BaD CrC: your numbers are attached. You will need to run the phantom monitor fix exe, because your two side screens are not the same width.

The wiki has everything else you need. Good luck!

badcrc.thumb.gif.23d9228d53500769039accf7e765fe8d.gif

• Like 1

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Thanks Plain sight. By MultimonitorFix, do you mean the Phantom monitor fix?

Yes, that fix is essential. Try to run ruprecht's version, with added height it's better for abris, but less frame-rate friendly. If you'll run abris screen with 900 width, try set the heigth 1170, not 1440. You end up with 5540*1170 resolution. Some middle ground there. But if you set abris to 1440*900, the image will be streched vertically. You have to choose between full screen image and correct aspect ratio.

With that many monitors it's impossible for us to post 100% accurate solutions, you just have to do a lot of experimenting. There are a lot of combinations.

One more thing. The communications menu will appear on abris display. The solution would be setting two secondary displays first, then three main displays. The other is set up another display, just for showing comms.

Edited by PlainSight
  • Like 1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]