multi monitor picture request !

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here`s my setup with dual view, as you can see. I'm out of space, had to put my throttle / collective stick on a box, lol ;) I also have Saitek Rudder pedals under my desk. What a difference pedals has done for my shark flight :thumbup:

Image068.thumb.jpg.16fb3bc02ff00141c91ec32b18bc2753.jpg

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

No that's not right, at least not for me, anyhow. The virtual screen is created to the left of my video output, therefore I don't need to move anything around. I tried your code anyway and it put the shkval on my main monitor and nothing on the left monitor, and crashed. :( It is aligning properly, it's just causing the game to crash. Very frustrating indeed.

Well I am really having issues with getting this working, is there an idiots guide out there somewhere?????

Basically I am wanting to do the following

Main Screen 1680x1050

2nd Screen - Leave blank as it will be running my TouchBuddy profile at 1024x768

3rd Screen - to display the Shkval and Abris

The main screen and 3rd screen are running off a 260GTX and the second screen is using a 8600.

I am running XP SP3 and any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

I have Matrox TH2GO running 3 17" LCD Monitors. Using in-game settings I can display the cockpit on the middle monitor, SKHVAL on left monitor and ABRIS on right monitor. No decrease in FPS. As a matter of fact the cokpit monitor has better FPS this way then running Cockpit across all 3 screens!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SOUP55:matrix:

I have Matrox TH2GO running 3 17" LCD Monitors. Using in-game settings I can display the cockpit on the middle monitor, SKHVAL on left monitor and ABRIS on right monitor. No decrease in FPS. As a matter of fact the cokpit monitor has better FPS this way then running Cockpit across all 3 screens!

Maybe TH2go is the only way to use ingame settings?

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

I dug out a shuttle 17" xp17 that has given me no end of trouble due to a lousy psu. I looked through my bin of old psu and electrical doo-dads and found a t40 laptop psu with the required output and hooked it up. The shuttle's max res is 1280x1024 so I lowered my samsung's res and did the horizontal stretch. I used the lua script posted by zorlac and set my ingame res to 2560x1024. Works like a charm!! So far the t40 psu has powered the xp17 just fine and I hope it will continue to. I will post some pics later when I get them into their final configuration.

-op4

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

Hi all, trying to get my multimonitor setup running but have run into a small snag. I have the width correct on the abris and shkval but both of them are displayed with the top half cut off due to being positioned off the top of my monitor. I am running a 24" acer at 1920x1200 and a 19" acer WS at 1440x900.

From my Options.lua

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "2monitortest2",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 2,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 1.6,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 2,

["display_mode"] =

{

["avi"] =

{

["bpp"] = 32,

["resolution"] = "640x480",

["full_screen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 1.333333333,

["height"] = 480,

["width"] = 640,

}, -- end of ["avi"]

}, -- end of ["display_mode"]

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1200,

["resolution"] = "4800x1200",

["civTraffic"] = 1,

["width"] = 4800,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

} -- end of options

From my multimonitorsetup.lua

Description = '2MonitorTest'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1440;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/10;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 720;

y = 0;

width = 720;

height = 400;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 720;

height = 400;

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Specs follow:

e8400

EVGA 780i Mobo

EVGA 8800GT 512 mb (g92 Core)

Soundblaster xfi audio

2gb corsair pc6400

x52

trackir4 pro w/clip

ch pro pedals

WinXP SP2

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

HDD's

Trackir 4

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

blacksharkeace your a geniuse i got it working on first try . Im running 22" wide screen and a 19" crt and i wanted schkval on crt and i followed the giant math problem and i got it working . And it works great . Now i wanna tweak it a little i dont want the schkval so big but this is a great start

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok..ok

as the originator of this post...

and many months later..i finally got this nonsense..(also kind of got the setup i want)

photo coming soon.

i was trying to get someone to put one monitor in portrait mode, and display the ABRIS on it..well i finally did it, after some trial and error, and like the first guy that actually put up a picture, it was definitly a PITA...

for the most part i am dealing with 2 monitors...

i am using VISTA x64 (stupid no expand desktop feature) so i had to deal with this so called 'phantom monitor'

ultimately, my setups uses this formula...

1) get widths of monitors. ex. monitor#1 = ( Awidth x B height) monitor#2 = (C width x D height)

2) so you take your widths and add it... A + C

3) you add width your 'phantom monitor'. in this case, you choose the monitor that is NOT the camera (monitor with skhval or ABRIS or both). so for the example, monitor#2 is NOT the camera, so you take that width again and add it.. A + C + C.

4) the result is what you will apply to the options.lua in your ka50\blackshark\scripsts folder (dont quote me on this)

so in the options.lua what i edited was:

["height"] = the hieght of the monitor with CAMERA height resolution (my example is monitor#1, so height=B

["resolution"] = " ( A + C + C ) x B ",

["width"] = A + C + C,

5) now this is what i did for the lua file in the "multimonitor" folder (i think thats the name of the folder.).

Center =

{

x = C (width of phantom monitor);

y = 0;

width = A (width rez of monitor#1);

height = B (height rez of monitor#1)

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 16/10 or (4:3 for non wides???--didnt try) ;

}

ok, the rest...i actually just went for the ABRIS on the second display and thats it., but ill try to describe for SHkval+ABRIS on monitor#2

Shkval =

{

x = A + C (width of monitor#1 + phantom monitor;

y = a value that is a height rez from the difference of what u put in the next 3 lines taken from the height of monitor#2;

width = C / 2 ( monitor #2 width divided by 2);

height = a value less or equal to than the total hieight of monitor#2...if it is less, than the height rez of monitor#2, then the diffence goes to y' (what was written 4 lines ago);

}

ABRIS =

{

x = A + C + (C/2);

y = 0;

width = C / 2 ( monitor #2 width divided by 2);

height = suggest the height of monitor #2;

}

final comments. this config was on VISTA. maybe you XP users do not have to deal with that phantom monitor nonsense. will take trial and error. depending on the rez, and the monitor, you still have a possiblity of a crash...anyways, good luck, do post some pics...

DO POST SOME PICS..thanks..ill try to get a photo of mine up..(waiting for batteries for digital camera to recharge)

by the way, i am running this on a 46" monitor (Sharp LC46D64U on landscape mode @ 1920x1080, and a 20 Acer x203w on PORTRAIT MODE @ 768x1164

plz, if someone know about PDAs and touchbuddy..plz plz PM meeee

owe yea..my next mission is to try the 2 monitors using the TH2G box...this phantom monitor is eating un-Necessary fps (didnt really prove this)

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

well only prob now is that it lags like a mofo.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would have to agree with the "eating FPS" statement. My framerates went to crap when I finally got it all working in the manner I wanted. =(

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

HDD's

Trackir 4

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

pic of my setup. Not benchmarked yet, but am expecting to see a drop with the ABRIS screen.

oprah.jpg

and the new ABRIS button bar, awaiting wiring

abris_buttons.jpg

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

dont know yet...so chillspider...what OS are you running?

i am having to deal with this phantom monitor, only because of VISTA...

is you know of a better solution, tell us

Well currently im running VISTA 32Bit and i followed blacksharkace's setup in the options.lua and it worked but it takes a big hit in FPS . I wish that i could make it a lot smaller maybe that would help out with the fps issue. right now its my whole 19" CRT monitor. I want to make it like it is on an 8" screen. If doing this would help out with performance i would def do it. My comp isnt the greatest so i need to turn it all down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By the way, I have this question regarding multi monitor set-ups: How do we plug 3 monitors on a video card? I have a 4870 and it has 2 dvi sockets, enabling only ywo monitors. How should I connect 3 monitors to a 2 dvi video card?

By the way, I have this question regarding multi monitor set-ups: How do we plug 3 monitors on a video card? I have a 4870 and it has 2 dvi sockets, enabling only ywo monitors. How should I connect 3 monitors to a 2 dvi video card?

1. add a second video card

2. replace your card with a 4-head card, e.g. the Sapphire 4850 X2

3. use a Matrox triplehead2go

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Keep in mind that the 4850x2 does not enable all 4 heads if Crossfire is enabled.... only 2 work... Same limitation as using individual 4800's and Crossfire..( only 2 of 4 heads work )

But i'm using a 1gb Sapphire 4850 (single ) and I get great frame rates with everything high... so i'm not sure you need Crossfire....so no reason you couldn't use 2 4850's or a 4850x2 with Crossfire disabled and just use them as 2 individual cards and therefore, get all 4 output heads....

Edited by Cezar11

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

didnt realize my calculation is almost like blacksharkace...

sometimes i wonder if this is even feasible..

multimonitor setups just take up gfx bandwidth...eating up fps...

it is so cool just to have a monitor dedicated to the ABRIS or skhval or both..

it really sux that vista users have to deal with this phantom monitor nonsense, having to configure an additional monitor resolution for the card to render..

WILL THIS BE ADDRESS IN THE NEXT PATCH??

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Has anyone tried PSP as a second monitor? There is a homebrew program called "PSPDisp" that gives the PSP the ability to be used as a second monitor. I want to try it for Black Shark.

With the program PSP can be used from resolutions from 480x272 to 1920x1080. Seems perfect to me. I don't want to shell out A LOT for a second display TBH :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dleffler

Nvidia + Vista + 2nd monitor to left

Maybe I'm not smart enough to follow, but apples are answered with oranges here??? (XP vs Vista, or ATI vs NVidia)

I've been working a Vista-32 rig with an Nv 8800GT with the 2nd montior to the left, both are LCDs. Main monitor is 1650x1050, 2nd Monitor is 1280x1024...this seems to work (for the most part)

options.lua extract)

["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "2monitor",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 0,
       ["scenes"] = "medium",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = false,
       ["visibRange"] = "Medium",
       ["aspect"] = 1.6,
       ["textures"] = 2,
       ["shadows"] = 2,
       ["display_mode"] = 
       {
           ["avi"] = 
           {
               ["bpp"] = 32,
               ["resolution"] = "640x480",
               ["full_screen"] = false,
               ["aspect"] = 1.333333333,
               ["height"] = 480,
               ["width"] = 640,
           }, -- end of ["avi"]
       }, -- end of ["display_mode"]
       ["effects"] = 3,
       ["lights"] = 2,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["terrPrld"] = "20",
       ["height"] = 1024,
       ["resolution"] = "4210x1024",
       ["civTraffic"] = 1,
       ["width"] = 4210,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]

2monitor.lua

Description = '2Monitor'
Viewports =
{
 Center =
 {
   x = 1280;
   y = 0;
   width = 1650;
   height = 1024;
   viewDx = 0;
   viewDy = 0;
   aspect = 16/10;
 }
}
Shkval =
{
 x = 0;
 y = 600;
 width = 640;
 height = 300;
}
ABRIS =
{
 x = 0;
 y = 0;
 width = 640;
 height = 600;
}

Thats great ruprecht! Would kill for that setup mate.

Im going to use a 15" old CRT for second and hope ABRIS and or SHKVAL will fit on there nicely. This is until i can get more cash for 3 LCD's and go triple as well. Just want to get it as good as i can until then.

This thread will be of great help. Thanks everyone that contributed with info on this matter.

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS