Can't lock Link 16 targets and how to display wingman

dporter22
Go to solution Solved by Frederf,

TBH you would do yourself a lot of favours trying to lock stuff with your radar if you just disabled Link 16 info once you have ascertained where the contacts are - (displayed lower left of FCR page). You can map the Datalink display option to your throttle (as per RL jet), and clear out the DL symbols to more clearly see when your radar has an actual return you can lock.

Yes you get diff symbols as described above, but you don't need the link 16 info once you know where they are anyway - your main priority is getting a solid native radar lock to employ weapons.

All.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Frederf said:

That's cool. What is the hands on control?

Transmit Switch IFF In and Transmit Switch IFF Out are the keybinds for it. Out short will toggle DL tracks and Inboard short will step through a couple filter options. Manual pg 160-161 explains it in more detail.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 6:17 AM, skywalker22 said:

In TWS mode, when trying to acquire target (or more of them, doesn`t matter) by using TMS Forward to put them from Track Target to System Target, symbology doesn`t seem to be right, based on the manual and this tutorial. Target icon big filled square does not change to big empty square.

Then with pressing TMS Right to go from System Target to Bugged Target - to bug the target, the target gets a circle around the square, which is ok, but still the box is full (should be empty, but should be empty when target get into System Target state in the 1st place). Check the track I have attached.

Is that a bug, or the symbology has been changed recently?

f16_systemTarget_issue.trk 596.04 kB · 6 downloads

It looks like the latest open beta update did break the TWS System Target and Bugged Target symbol.

And Frederf's pictures in their solution shows the same thing.

Without datalink symbols present, System Target and Bugged Target, according to the manual, is suppose to be a hollow white square, not a filled white square.

1 hour ago, ice41 said:

It looks like the latest open beta update did break the TWS System Target and Bugged Target symbol.

And Frederf's pictures in their solution shows the same thing.

Without datalink symbols present, System Target and Bugged Target, according to the manual, is suppose to be a hollow white square, not a filled white square.

Yes, I hope admins like @BIGNEWY read this.

Edited by skywalker22
  • Like 2

I just started learning the Viper and every tutorial out there has the system target with a hollow square but it isn't working for me either. Eagle Dynamics has to know about it, they'll likely fix it in the next update...I hope.