Not complaining........only telling the team that the framerate is poor at the moment with relative good hardware and needs optimization.

If nobody gives a hint, nothing will improve 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Gripen 4-1 said:

Not complaining........only telling the team that the framerate is poor at the moment with relative good hardware and needs optimization.

If nobody gives a hint, nothing will improve 🙂

Yes, absolutely correct.

Problem is, that some folks don't stop there, but insists on unrealitic expectations, such as being able to run latest gaming software on gaming hardware from five years ago.

Personally I find a lot of the fire, that the developers receive, unfair and unjust, and if I was one of them I would be very frustrated sometimes.

As I stated at a different point in the forum - the nature of such a forum is, that critisism and issues are over-represented and that can lead to some misconceptions.

Therefore I find it important to also point out, when not having any issues or be satisfied or even very happy with the offered product.

A message like "for me, everything is fine" seem pointless at first glance, but in the great picture and context of the forum, I (!) find it important.

Edited by Hiob
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 hours ago, flyingcyrus said:

Here is a very interesting video by Austin Meyer (developer of X-Plane), explaining how Vulkan works compared to OpenGL.
OK I know DCS uses DirectX and not OpenGL, but it gives a good picture of how things are handled by the graphic engine and the API (Application Programming Interface, OpenGL, Direct3D, Vulkan…)

By the way, does anyone know which version of DirectX is DCS running ?

So Vulcan will double my FPS(AMD) and eliminate stutter?...how is this NOT a magic bullet...or is this just hype for Vulcan.. They seem pretty confident, but as someone who doesn't run X-plane or MSFS, I really can't gage it.

11 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Yes, absolutely correct.

Problem is, that some folks don't stop there, but insists on unrealitic expectations, such as being able to run latest gaming software on gaming hardware from five years ago.

Personally I find a lot of the fire, that the developers receive, unfair and unjust, and if I was one of them I would be very frustrated sometimes.

As I stated at a different point in the forum - the nature of such a forum is, that critisism and issues are over-represented and that can lead to some misconceptions.

Therefore I find it important to also point out, when not having any issues or be satisfied or even very happy with the offered product.

A message like "for me, everything is fine" seem pointless at first glance, but in the great picture and context of the forum, I (!) find it important.

Its really quite simple...when I bought it, it ran...it ran well...now it doesn't  and that's on them not me.

Edited by Raven434th
  • Like 3

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

12 hours ago, Mower said:

I agree with NineLIne in that we cant be held back by those with antiquated hardware.  Sorry.

What about a 3090RTX that has half the performance on this map compared to Syria? How does that figure into being held back by antiquated hardware? 

I've seen posts to this effect on this thread, and many others. I have the card myself. What we see from one patch to the next is how much better DCS World looks, and that's great, but at what expense? If Eagle Dynamics wants to retain and gain a bigger playerbase, they need to invest as much as, if not more into optimizations. While I do know that some core engine optimizations are coming, from what I've seen very little optimization is done by the texture and 3d artists themselves, and that is a shame. A lot of problems could have been avoided with a better workflow and a better and more modest attitude to system requirements. Especially related to a free map that everyone will want to play. It can still look great, and run great, but not if all regard for hardware limitations are thrown out the window during it's creation. 

I for one bought the 3090RTX specifically to be able to enjoy DCS World in VR. I am not buying another card 12 months down the line just to enjoy the stutterfest that DCS World will become 12 months down the line. Sorry. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

3 hours ago, Raven434th said:

Its really quite simple...when I bought it, it ran...it ran well...now it doesn't  and that's on them not me.

When you bought it, it didn't have a marianas map, did it?

They didn't charge you for the marianas map, did they?

When I first bought World of Warcraft (yes I'm old), it did run on a pocket calculator by today standards - now it doesn't...

Really - you can't expect your hardware to keep up with developement when you don't upgrade it - that's not how it works. It NEVER worked that way.

2 hours ago, =37.Sqn= Mjugen said:

removed post for rule 1.10

No clue how hardware works,

no clue how software works

and just shy of seriously insulting people that try their best to improve DCS.

You're a real sunshine, aren't ya?

Edited by BIGNEWY
bignewy removed quoted post
  • Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

First this isn't just about the map...its everything...there're literally thousands of posts on this matter. Second if it ran with what I had years ago...with lesser hardware, then it should run great with what I have now. But hey keep moving the line on us, and now we're at a point where there's nothing we can do due to prices...BUT...if they have a trick up their sleeve(vulcan),then fine, BUT they should have made that the priority, or at the very least show us where they are with vulcan.

• Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

AMD FX-8320 3.50Ghz

ASUS GTX-1050Ti 4GB

8GB Ram DDR3 1800MHz

240GB SSD, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD (DCS installed on SSD)

Mariana: 15-20FPS

Syria: 30FPS

Caucasus: 40-50FPS

Persian Gulf: 40-50FPS

So we need VULKAN.

Graphis settings is: Medium

Thanks.

Edited by Alpiinoo
TYPO

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

1 minute ago, Alpiinoo said:

AMD FX-8320 3.50Ghz

ASUS GTX-1050Ti 4GB

8GB Ram DDR3 1800MHz

Syria: 30FPS

Caucasus: 40-50FPS

Persian Gulf: 40-50FPS

Thanks.

How do you getaway with only 8 gig of ram??

I feel ya...had to rely on charity of squad mates to get my 32 gig rig....my thoughts and prayers to you and yours...hehe

just for kicks...I used to run this game with 8 gig ram ,an amd 5770 card ,a lesser cpu (can't recall the number ATM)....which I might add can still run AAA and new games titles( I still have it)

Edited by Raven434th

26 minutes ago, Hiob said:

When you bought it, it didn't have a marianas map, did it?

They didn't charge you for the marianas map, did they?

When I first bought World of Warcraft (yes I'm old), it did run on a pocket calculator by today standards - now it doesn't...

Really - you can't expect your hardware to keep up with developement when you don't upgrade it - that's not how it works. It NEVER worked that way.

No clue how hardware works,

no clue how software works

and just shy of seriously insulting people that try their best to improve DCS.

You're a real sunshine, aren't ya?

Hiob do you not understand that people are frustrated, what a poor look for the company to release a free map that is unplayable or causes people even with high end rigs to struggle.. it will drive away customers and cause them a loss of sales. Based on the feedback I have gotten thus far regarding this issue I for one will never spend another dime on this game or recommend it to anyone.. how is it that ms flight simulator 2020 always known as one of the highest demanding games in the market runs perfectly fine for me on my (antiquated system as I'm told) and in fact ms fs2020 is releasing even further performance boosts in the next patch.. they care about their customer base whereas I'm getting the feeling ED does not. Instead of listening to the customers concerns and responding professionally as customers are what keep a company going.. they simply respond with your systems not good enough, move on.. 

The excuse of it's a system issue versus poor coding does not fly when people using 3090's are having issues.. the game is poorly optimised always has been and now this new map is an abomination of code. It's up to them now to either fix it and show they care about their paying customers or continue to place blame on people's systems and drive away more customers. It's simple business. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I understand this map is free and ED may eventually find time to optimise it.

My main concern, from this thread, is the "You must upgrade to continue use" tone.

Some of us simply cannot continue upgrading our hardware due to ever reducing availability and ever increasing costs.

Most of thge DCS modules I own are still in early access. I have been steadily decreasing/disabling settings to continue using the software while waiting for their release.

I know that I will soon have to stop updating DCS so that I can settle on a version that works (stable, acceptable performance, etc).

This means I will never see the completion of modules I have paid for. Sadly, I have already had to stop purchasing new EA modules.

• Like 7

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Also for fun I tested different graphics settings, set to lowest graphics possible and then highest graphics possible.. exact same FPS... that alone shows the code is not right and yes I cleared fxo and metashaders. 

I think Wags needs to jump in here with a "this is what's in the works video"

19 minutes ago, Veseroth said:

Hiob do you not understand that people are frustrated, ...

Yes, I can understand that -

my problem is the way, that some (not all!) people adress their frustration and refuse to acknowledge at all that it might be a problem on their side, too.

I mean, here are people openly admitting, that they run DCS with 8 GB Ram and complaining about poor performance of a very detailed map.

Imagine the backlash, if ED wouldn't increase the fidelity and the looks of their maps and modules,

and yet some people seem to believe that all comes without costs. In my(!) opinion(!) that is incredible naive!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hiob said:

I mean, here are people - openly - saying that they run DCS with 8 GB Ram

Where? I think youre confusing RAM and VRAM. (I cant read)

17 minutes ago, Veseroth said:

set to lowest graphics possible and then highest graphics possible.. exact same FPS... that alone shows the code is not right

Yep, it is suspect.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

32 minutes ago, Alpiinoo said:

AMD FX-8320 3.50Ghz

ASUS GTX-1050Ti 4GB

8GB Ram DDR3 1800MHz

1 minute ago, dorianR666 said:

Where? I think youre confusing RAM and VRAM.

9 minutes ago, dorianR666 said:

Oh, yeah thats even below minimum requirements.

My bad.

That being said I run with 32GB and i get less FPS than him LMAO.

That is my point somehow - a lot of people (I do not mean you) don't even bother to check for a possible bottle neck or do the recommended trouble shooting.

Then there is wildly thrown around "even people with cutting edge hardware have poor frames" - which is not true.

I'm getting close to 60 FPS with very high settings.*

Yes there may be 3090 people with 20something FPS, but they most likely have a solvable issue somewhere.

*and even if I didn't, I would do my due diligence first and THEN make a notice of my issue in a polite way and give them at least SOME time to sort it out.

Edited by Hiob

"

That is my point somehow - a lot of people (I do not mean you) don't even bother to check for a possibel bottle neck or do the recommended trouble shooting.

Then there is wildly thrown around "even people with cutting edge hardware have poor frames" - which is not true.

I'm getting close to 60 FPS with very high settings.

Yes there may be 3090 people with 20something FPS, but they most likely have a solvable issue somewhere."

Thing is I know multiple people who are tech inclined and have their systems optimized very well, one even works as a pc technician and yet his system with a 3090 is having issues with this map.. So I would agrue it's not just a "solvable issue" fixing things client side doesn't fix poor coding server side. Yet they can run fs2020 on ultra settings in vr just fine.. 

Edited by Veseroth
additional info

13 minutes ago, XpRiV said:

This is the same for me too!

What's weirder is that removing ALL map objects  (trigger) gives nearly the same performance. O_O

So: Either objects are calculated even when removed from map, or the problem is not in the settings or in the textures, shapes, etc.

Have anyone tried too to remove trees and buildings, and check again with usual current specs and settings?

1 hour ago, Dunx said:

I understand this map is free and ED may eventually find time to optimise it.

My main concern, from this thread, is the "You must upgrade to continue use" tone.

Some of us simply cannot continue upgrading our hardware due to ever reducing availability and ever increasing costs.

Most of thge DCS modules I own are still in early access. I have been steadily decreasing/disabling settings to continue using the software while waiting for their release.

I know that I will soon have to stop updating DCS so that I can settle on a version that works (stable, acceptable performance, etc).

This means I will never see the completion of modules I have paid for. Sadly, I have already had to stop purchasing new EA modules.

Yeah in Turkey. Its is impossible to upgrade.

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png