VIVID SYRIA 2 by Barthek

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just going through all of Barthek textures and Syria is a BIG difference! (for example HardSplatColor.zip)

• 2.9 - 27 textures - 61 MB
  • Barthek - 22 textures - 34 MB

So, yes, DCS will work with this texture pack, but you will loose original content!! So an update is actually very much needed imho!

And I do hope one is coming soon, because I'm like you: once you go Barthek, you can never go back (this and Taz^^).

@Barthek Thanks again for your great work! But can you plz give some insights? Am I wrong, or are you hopefully working on an 2.9 update? Cheers!update:

2 hours ago, dlder said:

I'm just going through all of Barthek textures and Syria is a BIG difference! (for example HardSplatColor.zip)

• 2.9 - 27 textures - 61 MB
  • Barthek - 22 textures - 34 MB

So, yes, DCS will work with this texture pack, but you will loose original content!! So an update is actually very much needed imho!

And I do hope one is coming soon, because I'm like you: once you go Barthek, you can never go back (this and Taz^^).

@Barthek Thanks again for your great work! But can you plz give some insights? Am I wrong, or are you hopefully working on an 2.9 update? Cheers!update:

If you use OVgme you don´t loose any core files (with a click you can enable/disable the Barthek terrain mod textures).

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 12/2/2023 at 1:15 PM, fagulha said:

If you use OVgme you don´t loose any core files

Yes you do because how OVGME works is: it just replaces the ZIP files (well before that it backs up the current ones).

So, all textures not present in the modded zip file that is copied by OVGME to DCS are - of course - lost.

Edited by dlder

58 minutes ago, dlder said:

Yes you do because how OVGME works is: it just replaces the ZIP files (well before that it backs up the current ones).

So, all textures not present in the modded zip file that is copied by OVGME to DCS are - of course - lost.

So, what´s the point of using Ovgme?

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

13 hours ago, fagulha said:

So, what´s the point of using Ovgme?

OVGME does the following:

1. Takes the original DCS-files and stores them.

2. Add the mod files into the correct DCS folder(s)

3. If you like to revert back to vanilla DCS, you just click a button and OVGME will automatically delete the mod files and put the original DCS files back again.

Highly recommended if you use any mods.

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

OVGME can't - of course - help with a broken mod. However, it makes it easy to deactivate the broken mod and revert back to vanilla without any losses.

I noticed the missing textures in "Vivid Syria", but haven't noticed any problems with "Caucasus Redone" (yet). Which is always the first Mod I re-enable after any game updates.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

13 hours ago, MIghtymoo said:

OVGME does the following:

1. Takes the original DCS-files and stores them.

2. Add the mod files into the correct DCS folder(s)

3. If you like to revert back to vanilla DCS, you just click a button and OVGME will automatically delete the mod files and put the original DCS files back again.

Highly recommended if you use any mods.

I use OVgme for some years, i was trying to understand the reply of @dlder.

But thanks.

• Like 1

After comparing the mod and DCS files I modified the HardSplatColor file in the mod, I deleted the Unique.zip file after copying the textures, I haven't tested it yet if you want to I'll make the zip file available. Tell me https://drive.google.com/file/d/10NDxduv1b0XAo6c4stpVJ1ZpvQ2QNoqs/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Morpheus
link dead
  • Thanks 3

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this. It works like a charm. I never liked those washed-out Syria textures.

Edited by Dex0
  • Like 1

HTC Vive Pro/ Intel i7-9700 CPU @ 3GHz/ 32GB RAM/ Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/

39 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

Will this also work with jsgme? 

Don't know, I don't use JSGME since OvGME exist (more simple, mod folder can be anywhere in your pc) you can make a try, just unzip mod wich is zipped by OvGME and can be unusable in JSGME if you don't do this

• Thanks 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

38 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Don't know, I don't use JSGME since OvGME exist (more simple, mod folder can be anywhere in your pc) you can make a try, just unzip mod wich is zipped by OvGME and can be unusable in JSGME if you don't do this

I've just tested it. Works just fine with jsgme. 

Those annoying artifacts on the ground are gone. Thanks a lot sir! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...