buying the russian version

siniraag

Viper i think the amount you need is £12 in which case the UKAsh increments are in £5 pounds, so 15 is what you need.

This wasn't the case for me, I told them how much I wanted put on the voucher and they punched that into the paypoint machine. I should have used less that £12.

I also have rubles left over, seriously we should all donate them to some charity in russia, someone mentioned orphans before jokingly, but it's a good idea. Does anyone know of a LEGITIMATE webmoney based charity? Sounds unlikely to me.

It won't amount to much individually, but if we all combine our stashes :)

Can't get the theme music out of my head.........

Edited by FOD

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well alright then - finished up the downloads this morning and I'm IN!!! I'm frankly amazed at how good everything looks, and I still get pretty good framerates (15-20 FPS) with everything cranked up at 1920x1080 and 8x AF / 4x AA. Now on to creating a Cougar profile!

dcs2008-11-0912-14-48-46.jpg

dcs2008-11-0912-18-51-98.jpg

UPDATE: found a buyer, so offer is over.

So guys, listen - I sorta screwed up the Paypal to WebMoney transfer because I sent $40 USD - I knew there was the $10 exwp fee but I wasn't sure if there were any more, so I put in $40 to be safe (so I'd have at least $30 USD afterward).

The Black Shark buy cost me $12.29 USD, leaving $18.71 in my account ... see where I'm going with this? :) I'd like to help out somebody else from the US so they don't have to waste time using exwp to transfer Paypal to WebMoney. If somebody from the US can Paypal me $20 (I figure that's about fair, as that covers the cost of the game + half the $10 fee I paid to exwp + the amount I lose from the Paypal transaction) and has already set up a WebMoney purse, I'll transfer the whole $18.71 I have left over to you, and then you can follow repent's instructions for ordering from the 1C website.

I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that when you start your download, you use a resumable download manager like DownThemAll for Firefox (http://www.downthemall.net/) - when my 'setup.exe' (the 1.3GB file) got to 99% this morning, it then crapped out and gave a 'timeout error' - seems the 1C website went down for about a half hour; after that I was able to resume and finish it. Quite a scare, so don't let it happen to you!

PM me if you're interested - and please, only people in the US, since this whole process is harder for us as we lack access to UKASH vouchers over here.

Edited by GregP

So guys, listen - I sorta screwed up the Paypal to WebMoney transfer because I sent $40 USD - I knew there was the $10 exwp fee but I wasn't sure if there were any more, so I put in $40 to be safe (so I'd have at least $30 USD afterward).

The Black Shark buy cost me $12.29 USD, leaving $18.71 in my account ... see where I'm going with this? :) I'd like to help out somebody else from the US so they don't have to waste time using exwp to transfer Paypal to WebMoney. If somebody from the US can Paypal me $20 (I figure that's about fair, as that covers the cost of the game + half the $10 fee I paid to exwp + the amount I lose from the Paypal transaction) and has already set up a WebMoney purse, I'll transfer the whole $18.71 I have left over to you, and then you can follow repent's instructions for ordering from the 1C website.

I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that when you start your download, you use a resumable download manager like DownThemAll for Firefox (http://www.downthemall.net/) - when my 'setup.exe' (the 1.3GB file) got to 99% this morning, it then crapped out and gave a 'timeout error' - seems the 1C website went down for about a half hour; after that I was able to resume and finish it. Quite a scare, so don't let it happen to you!

PM me if you're interested - and please, only people in the US, since this whole process is harder for us as we lack access to UKASH vouchers over here.

Yeah, good idea greg...[idea's i should say]

I have all steps done. But i received this message:

"You can not download from your Location." (i am coming from germany)

What i have do wrong? I hope you have a solution for me, please?

Regards,

Mike

Go back into your private area of your profile and edit your 1C profile to the country of Russia. [Россия]

In case you dont read russian, it is the blue writing farthest to the right,... and the third option from the bottom if I recall...

Just had another thought...

Why dont either ED or the Dev team create an account and we all contribute into one of those? (only if you wish to of course)

They can use the money how they see fit...make a donation...or plough it back into sims development...or whatever.

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

I also have rubles left over, seriously we should all donate them to some charity in russia, someone mentioned orphans before jokingly, but it's a good idea. Does anyone know of a LEGITIMATE webmoney based charity? Sounds unlikely to me.

I mentioned orphanages, and it was not in jest. I seriously thought I read someone else using the word orphanage before, but couldn't find it once I started looking for it. And dunno why, perhaps because I have kids and love them more then life itself, I would never joke about something like that.

/edit

@Gary, below was my suggestion.. only later I read that you already came up with it.. (great minds and all that :) )

And to talk about a solution, well.. get someone in russia who can collect all the dough and transfer it to an orphanage? That way it goes directly, and won't get snapped up by "officials". That raises the question again who?. Perhaps ED could volunteer someone seeing as we all raise the sales in Russia without hurting the future sales in the west. ( That last bit is my guestimate :) )

Edited by Koriel
didn't see Gary's suggestion.. as I wanted to reply..

• ED Team
Just had another thought...

Why dont either ED or the Dev team create an account and we all contribute into one of those? (only if you wish to of course)

They can use the money how they see fit...make a donation...or plough it back into sims development...or whatever.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks for the thought Gary. Honestly though, the best way this community can support Eagle and the flight simulation genre as a whole is to simply purchase legitimate copies of the game. Showing our distributors and sales partners that this is still a profitable undertaking improves our chances of them carrying and selling our product and others like it.

We realize that right now it is very difficult for folks outside the CIS to purchase the game (we are not happy about the staggered release too to put it lightly!), but we hope to provide it world-wide just as soon as we can.

Thanks

Edited by Wags
  • Like 1

Thanks for the thought Gary. Honestly though, the best way this community can support Eagle and the flight simulation genre as a whole is to simply purchase legitimate copies of the game. Showing our distributors and sales partners that this is still a profitable undertaking improves our chances of them carrying and selling our product and others like it.

We realize that right now it is very difficult for folks outside the CIS to purchase the game (we are not happy about the staggered release too to put it lightly!), but we hope to provide it world-wide just as soon as we can.

Thanks

Waggs,

Thanks for the reply....

I have managed to get a legal copy of BS and fully intend to purchase the western version too...no matter much the Rusian version is modified in the meantime.

Do you have any plans for people in the west to pre-order?

You will get a lot of takers im sure, in fact, you can have my payment now if the facility exists?

I think most on here recognise we exist in a niche market and from the posts I have seen I think everyone is fully behind you...

(and yes, I was moaning like an old women when I couldnt get hold of the software...........lol)

Kind Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

ugghhhhh,

BS does not get along with my SST software, on my second re-install!! The in-game bindings dont allow to use my different modes on my X52, so I need to use Saitek's less than perfect program, and what a headache!!

I know, i know, no tech help, just venting my frustrations....

ugghhhhh,

BS does not get along with my SST software, on my second re-install!! The in-game bindings dont allow to use my different modes on my X52, so I need to use Saitek's less than perfect program, and what a headache!!

I don't think this has anything to do with SST, rather, it's that Black Shark (and every other sim ever made) can't detect mode changes when assigning controller options. For example the same occurs with the Cougar, and that's why I have to design my own profile rather than rely on the in-game settings. Oh and at this point this is much faster anyway, as I can't understand the Russian-language key commands. :)

GregP

Do you have svhalk on mouse stick ? If so please post or send your file.

Thanks,

Baksie

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

Glad you are enjoying it.

our moderators having been dong a great job.....

hmmm, might want to put an "i" in that sentence Matt!

Congratulations on a great product, having a great time familiarising until the western version is available.

Just wish I could understand Russian.

Edited by FOD

Thanks

We are buying the copies, no worries, it's just what to do with the rubles we have left, that's the question.

Yeah, figured out...

Do you want those rubles?

I'll probably never use my webmoney account again, and its not worth it to convert back to paypal...

Any ideas?

lol I know what sussed means, just don't hear it that often and it still sounded weird. :)

And thanks for the offer but I don't have any on-line account. Thanks again.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!! DOWNLOADING :beer: :thumbup::smartass::pilotfly::D:holiday::thumbsup::rotflmao:

**no worries i'll still be getting the western verison. :D

Edited by graywo1fg

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg