HARM pullback OVRD status in A/A master mode not consistent with other modes.

oldcrusty

With HARM in SP mode and the pullback OVRD option boxed in NAV or A/G master modes, it shows unboxed in A/A master mode.

It stays unboxed regardless of the selection in other master modes.

Also, when in A/A master mode, it is not currently possible to change the status of HARM PLBK OVRD.

OVRD.trk

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have checked with the team, this is correct as is. 

If A/A Master mode is selected and SP pullback is enabled HRM OVRD is deselected

If A/A master mode is deselected HRM OVRD is set to the last condition it was in when in A/G mode.

thanks 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 years later...

EDIT: Possibly not an issue as it was pointed out to me the trigger vs weapons release in this post. If not a bug please delete this post and sorry for wasting your time lol.

When in AA mode on the stores page you can't box the override mode for the AGM-88. For example when I'm in a mission with a cap loadout of 6 AIM-120's and 2 AGM-88's, if I get locked by an SA-5 from 70+ NM while also having an enemy jet close that I need to shoot an AIM-120 at I'm forced to shoot off the AGM-88's outside its respective range before I can engage the air target because I can't box the HARM override. This has been an issue for some time and looking today I couldn't find a report on this issue. I can only assume this is a bug as it works fine in AG mode (shown in track) where I can override the HARM to release other weapons but I can't in AA mode.

The track file attached was done in the AGM-88 weapons practice mission in single player on the Caucasus map specifically to keep the track short. However I have tested this on Syria and Persian Gulf both in single and multiplayer. Also I performed a repair just before to make sure that there were no issues with my install.

Specs - Mobo Z690 Gaming X - DDR4 32 GBytes - Intel I5 13600K - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 2TB M.2

AA-HARM-NoOverride.trk

Edited by Mario.

In A/A Master Mode, HRM OVRD is automatically unboxed since, as you mentioned, the trigger is reserved for A/A weapons. This is by-design so the pilot can utilize Self-Protect mode without having to switch to A/G Master Mode.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Yeah, but this is still annoying if you have a 2-stage trigger, and you have Weapon release on the first detend and "Gun-trigger" on the second.

Then you can't fire youtr AIM120's if there's a SAM painting you.

This wasn't allways like this. Just since 1 or 2 updates...

Yeah, but this is still annoying if you have a 2-stage trigger, and you have Weapon release on the first detend and "Gun-trigger" on the second.
The feature works as in the real jet. When you are in A/A, are carrying a HARM, and being locked by a surface to air system, the weapons release button is always hot with a HARM in Pullback.

I suggest binding the trigger and the weapons release button on different buttons, so this isn't a problem anymore. The same situation can arise when you are in A/G mode, with a weapon selected and the gun hot as well.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

13 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

You have your binding messed up.

Weapon release is not "first detent", it's the big red button on top of the stick - thumb pressed.

First stage trigger in our Hornet is not used to anything.