VR: Zoomed-in sights are "cross eyed" on Odssey+

Blackeye

It is so frustrating being an outlier and having your issues diminished to a pissy tag essentially telling you to <profanity> off and find your own workaround.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

The really frustrating part is that because the CM could not reproduce the issue it's not going to be brought up to the actual developers and thus will never be looked at and perhaps fixed other than by accident. Sadly no feedback either other than adding the tag.

@BIGNEWY can we get this looked at please? what else is there to do to suggest this is an actual issue?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

Hi all, 

apologies for overlooking this thread, the team have reproduced this and it is on the to do list. 

If you are using windows mixed reality check the "Optimize for performance" in WMR settings, we recommend "Let Windows Decide" , or "Best Visual Quality"

let us know if it helps

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Honestly Id like to see it where its rendered in one eye while you can keep the other eye open in the cockpit to retain clickability for changing weapon stations.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 1 year later...

a year later? wow...been a hot minute since I last flew this heli then because I cant fly with this issue. Ill have to check and see if its still borked.

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue for me, not only on the periscope but also on VR spyglass zoom.
Only workaround for me is to close one eye, but that cannot be the solution.
Same DCS setup and zooms worked in my Oculus Rift-S - on my current Reverb G2 I have the crosseyed issue like described above.

could it be a thing from the DCS VR menu, where you can set up some IPD settings as well?

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

okay did some tweaking with the IPD settings in DCS for VR - it helped to fix my problems with the spyglass zoom, but the problem of the periscope remains.
and as far as I have seen the biggest issue is the vertical mis-alignment of the left/right picture

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png