F16 CBUs inacurate in CCRP and PRE mode

Mossa666

I can say that this is happening to me as well.  I found that regardless of ripple quantity, or not, after setting up point track with TGP, and using CCRP, my CBUs land several hundred meters past the target.  Was working fine prior to today's patch.  However, using laser with TGP, (regardless of munition) TGP seems to work fine.  Sorry no track file.

I also noticed a problem with the new CBU103s. When dropped from a height of 25k ft, the bomb initially flies with a very flat trajectory, then begins to accelerate very quickly over the target. As a result, the bomblets don't have time to scatter.

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 years later...

This has been topic before, but was closed. Have now two days played same mission, and every time I drop CBU-105 in pre mode, was it 20k or 10k ft the "blast" falls ~100m long. Should it do this? Havent really used CBU-105´s very much, but as i recall using em before, they worked like a charm. Is this a known problem? Can somebody reply this? (sa-8 seached with HAD->made a markpoint with tpod-> cz to waypoint-> aim again to sa-8 with pointtrack-> pickle-> EVERY time just in the same place 100-200 meters long. Dont even get "smoke" of the blast of clusters to touch my target. (cbu open @ default 1500ft, all wpn settings in default + pre mode, single drop). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2024 at 10:24 AM, Wiggo said:

This has been topic before, but was closed. Have now two days played same mission, and every time I drop CBU-105 in pre mode, was it 20k or 10k ft the "blast" falls ~100m long. Should it do this? Havent really used CBU-105´s very much, but as i recall using em before, they worked like a charm. Is this a known problem? Can somebody reply this? (sa-8 seached with HAD->made a markpoint with tpod-> cz to waypoint-> aim again to sa-8 with pointtrack-> pickle-> EVERY time just in the same place 100-200 meters long. Dont even get "smoke" of the blast of clusters to touch my target. (cbu open @ default 1500ft, all wpn settings in default + pre mode, single drop). 

I have now repeated this that many times, that noticed bomb really falls pretty inaccurate. This is pretty hard for me to research as I am pretty new to f-16. But have used cbu-105 that much, that i havent noticed this kind of problem before. Bomb seems to go over the target (so much that it isnt just the parachutes and wind i think) It would be great if somebody with better experience of how those really should work. Is the pointrack point the point where the bomb opens and drops its clusters / chutes, OR is it the point of area where the chutes shoudl fall? Still. I remember hitting with them where I point before. I would be greatfull if somebody would explain this to me. 🙂 and sry for my thumbling english, I am  a Finnish person, so it is pretty much rallydriver english. 🙂 Quick solution would of be / just point in front of the targets, but still I would like to know how those SHOULD work, and do they work now as intented.?

Edited by Wiggo