Rotor blades while on the ground

Foka

I'm not familiar with detailed difference between D and E, can only post what's D according to Google. But I have never in my life saw a helicopter (I'm not saying I saw everything, tho) with blades so rigid, that they would stay horizontal on the ground.

09-05582 - Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow operated by US Army taken by  mrdetonator (photoID 22786) - PlanePhotos.Net

Plik:RamatDavid 020517 Saraf 01.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foka said:

I'm not familiar with detailed difference between D and E, can only post what's D according to Google. But I have never in my life saw a helicopter (I'm not saying I saw everything, tho) with blades so rigid, that they would stay horizontal on the ground.

You're good, I was being silly...but I did get you to post D model pics!  So win-win.

An easy way to recognize US deltas from echos is that Es have the VU2 VHF/FM antenna behind the rotor mast, the VOR/ILS receiver at the tailboom, different IHADSS helmets based in the HGU-56P that have two Improved magnetic receiver units at the back of the heads instead of the IR detectors.

Post V4 Echo aircraft also have have the link16 antennas above the wingtips.

The Echos use the Composite main rotor blades which are larger than the legacy ones, something difficult to see in-flight pictures, additionally, they have a flat underbelly.

Also, only the deltas have the HF antenna (towel bar) over the length of the tailboom.

unknown-23.png

unknown-22.png

7a270654.png

IMG_20210904_213114-1.jpg

Edited by DaemonPhobos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DaemonPhobos said:

An easy way to recognize US deltas from echos is that Es have the VU2 VHF/FM antenna behind the rotor mast, the VOR/ILS receiver at the tailboom, different IHADSS helmets based in the HGU-56P that have two Improved magnetic receiver units at the back of the heads instead of the IR detectors.

Post V4 Echo aircraft also have have the link16 antennas above the wingtips.

The Echos use the Composite main rotor blades which are larger than the legacy ones, something difficult to see in-flight pictures, additionally, they have a flat underbelly.

Also, only the deltas have the HF antenna (towel bar) over the length of the tailboom.

unknown-23.png

unknown-22.png

7a270654.png

IMG_20210904_213114-1.jpg

Lol

• ED Team

Please remember all work being shown is work in progress. 

thanks

• Like 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please remember all work being shown is work in progress. 

thanks

No stress, I know Early Access will take at least a couple of years, but IMO the earlier we report error, the better chance to fix it.

Am 23.10.2021 um 15:26 schrieb Foka:

Wags just put on the YT an Apache Introduction video. We can see the Apache standing on the ground, but its rotor blades are inflexible and parallel to the ground. They should be hanging a bit towards ground.

Same YT some 30 seconds later:

image.png

...as you can see on the bird in the background.

And in some older vids too...so no worries

image.png

Regards

Edited by Apache 64
  • Like 3