Me-163A Experimental mod

Hi,

This is something I have been working for a while. It started just as some experiences in mod making but got increasingly more complex and complex...

It' s totally experimental and before anything a project with the aim of getting skills in mod making and programming simulators in general. 

It does have an EFM in C++ for aerodynamics and engine. By far the most satisfying development part until now, although still pretty much a low fidelity model.

I'm into a point that is playable with a minimum of basic features. Lots of subpar developments (particularly in the 3D modeling section, I'm far from be an expert 3D artist)...

But everything should start from something.

I made a video:

And more information here:

https://tnnvk.com/me-163a-dcs-experimental-mod/

UPDATE:

I posted 1 more video with a test mission:

Working on adjustments in the EFM, many small bugs and writing some instructions, after all that I hope I can upload the mod to GIT

image.png

Thanks

Edited by toninovak
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

thank you for sharing.  fantastic, and looking forward to your updates!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

4 minutes ago, toninovak said:

Thanks, I fixing some bugs and quirks, writing some stuff and then I want to upload the mod to GIT  

Looking forward to try your creation 😃 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Fab8ball said:

Any chance to get a link where to download this mod?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Great Stuff!

This really looks interesting. I never had much interest in this aircraft but this looks like a hoot!

And for those of us that are "time stressed" - guaranteed short mission. 🙂

Surely someone with the skills in the community will make some skins/textures for this beastie once released to git[hub,lab].

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Excellent work,I'm very much looking forward to this project,I recall that they had to handle the two fuels involved with kid gloves....ah yes,T-Stoff and C-Stoff,pretty violent stuff on all accounts !

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

On 10/31/2021 at 8:20 AM, Fab8ball said:

Any chance to get a link where to download this mod? Thanks 

Hi, yes, I'm still working on many bugs and adjustments but I hope I will put it on GIT for download in a few weeks. But be aware it' s a very experimental mod...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, toninovak said:

Hi, yes, I'm still working on many bugs and adjustments but I hope I will put it on GIT for download in a few weeks. But be aware it' s a very experimental mod...

awesome buddy! again, many thanks for your efforts! 

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Sounds great, I am excited to try it when it's ready! 🍿

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 2 years later...

Amazing! I noticed in another text from 2021 that you would have it in GitHub, but I am not really a GitHub search wizard XD so I couldn't find your mod, could you please put a link to the GitHub if you have one for the mod? I have been looking for WWII plane mods for a Long time.

also, i didn't see but is this mod a independent mod? meaning it doesn't rely on any DLC? I have the P-51 and Fw-190 Dora DLC's.

1 hour ago, AjRenegade said:

Amazing! I noticed in another text from 2021 that you would have it in GitHub, but I am not really a GitHub search wizard XD so I couldn't find your mod, could you please put a link to the GitHub if you have one for the mod? I have been looking for WWII plane mods for a Long time.

also, i didn't see but is this mod a independent mod? meaning it doesn't rely on any DLC? I have the P-51 and Fw-190 Dora DLC's.

Toni Novak has not visited the forum since 6 months ago, so I imagine that he has moved on to other projects and it is doubtful that he finished this one. Perhaps you could try another of his creations, the Natter, which was far more finished:

👍

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Toni Novak has not visited the forum since 6 months ago, so I imagine that he has moved on to other projects and it is doubtful that he finished this one. Perhaps you could try another of his creations, the Natter, which was far more finished:

👍

oh, well that's sad, but I just took a look at the Ba-349 And it looks just as great!! I definitely will be looking forward to it! just hope it's an independent mod for my friends to be able to fly it, once it's posted

ty for link