When viewed in retrospect 10 years from now. DCS: AV-8B/NA is likely to be judged as greatest consumer flight sim module.

DmitriKozlowsky

When viewed in retrospect 10 years from now. DCS: AV-8B/NA is likely to be judged as greatest consumer flight sim module.

The sophistication of this sim, as well as skills required to fly it, is as unique as the aircraft it was modeled on.

The inflight refueling is the most difficult task in DCS. Bar none. At least of the modules I have.

If RAZBAM adds Plus+ radar and AIM-120, with AIM-9X with helmet queuing. The module, may be considered complete. At least feature wise.

If course no software, and real world aircraft is ever complete. A modern NATO kit option would be a fantastic addition. British Joint Force Harrier kit. Specifically; radar of Plus+, 2 additional AIM-9 hardpoints, SniperXR pod.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky
  • Like 2

• DmitriKozlowsky changed the title to When viewed in retrospect 10 years from now. DCS: AV-8B/NA is likely to be judged as greatest consumer flight sim module.

When viewed in retrospect 10 years from now. DCS: AV-8B/NA is likely to be judged as greatest consumer flight sim module.  ER Mi8 and I wont be pursuded otherwise

The sophistication of this sim, as well as skills required to fly it, is as unique as the aircraft it was modeled on.  Big yourself up there. Its not that difficult

The inflight refueling is the most difficult task in DCS. Bar none. At least of the modules I have.  Its not - quite the opposite. the Harrier is very stable and responsive on the throttle. Its one of the easiest. Again Mi 8 is the hardest.......

If RAZBAM adds Plus+ radar and AIM-120, with AIM-9X with helmet queuing. The module, may be considered complete. At least feature wise. I think RAZBAM may disagree with you about what "feature complete" means

If course no software, and real world aircraft is ever complete. A modern NATO kit option would be a fantastic addition. British Joint Force Harrier kit. Specifically; radar of Plus+, 2 additional AIM-9 hardpoints, SniperXR pod.  I think the Sopwith Camel is now classed as feature complete. 

Other than that, I agree. 

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

12 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

When viewed in retrospect 10 years from now. DCS: AV-8B/NA is likely to be judged as greatest consumer flight sim module.  ER Mi8 and I wont be pursuded otherwise

The sophistication of this sim, as well as skills required to fly it, is as unique as the aircraft it was modeled on.  Big yourself up there. Its not that difficult

The inflight refueling is the most difficult task in DCS. Bar none. At least of the modules I have.  Its not - quite the opposite. the Harrier is very stable and responsive on the throttle. Its one of the easiest. Again Mi 8 is the hardest.......

If RAZBAM adds Plus+ radar and AIM-120, with AIM-9X with helmet queuing. The module, may be considered complete. At least feature wise. I think RAZBAM may disagree with you about what "feature complete" means

If course no software, and real world aircraft is ever complete. A modern NATO kit option would be a fantastic addition. British Joint Force Harrier kit. Specifically; radar of Plus+, 2 additional AIM-9 hardpoints, SniperXR pod.  I think the Sopwith Camel is now classed as feature complete. 

Other than that, I agree. 

Can Mi8 refuel inflight?

Darkstar: Merged

7 minutes ago, horstweihrauch said:

Can Mi8 refuel inflight?

depends if anyone is willing to take a can outside

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

4 hours ago, horstweihrauch said:

What does that mean? Sorry I don’t have this module 

It means it cant A to A - i was being facecious. Sorry. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

It means it cant A to A. 

Well you can always pretend and chase down a KC-130.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

2 hours ago, Knock-Knock said:

Well you can always pretend and chase down a KC-130.

There was a mod with a landing pad on a truck. I always wondered about coveining a little convoy using it with the necessary pre-requisits for a FARP and having that do a circuit but the idea never got any further than idle thought and id think Id be stuck circling a farp rather then being truly mobile. 

EDIT -so I found it, tried and.....................its its fubar'd seven ways to sunday. The convoy doesnt keep convoy and the truck is essentally a static object. Shame - back to chasing KC130s...........hmmm.............a KC130 towing a helipad.......

Edited by Boosterdog

On 11/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, DmitriKozlowsky said:

The sophistication of this sim, as well as skills required to fly it, is as unique as the aircraft it was modeled on.

The inflight refueling is the most difficult task in DCS. Bar none. At least of the modules I have.

If RAZBAM adds Plus+ radar and AIM-120, with AIM-9X with helmet queuing. The module, may be considered complete. At least feature wise.

If course no software, and real world aircraft is ever complete. A modern NATO kit option would be a fantastic addition. British Joint Force Harrier kit. Specifically; radar of Plus+, 2 additional AIM-9 hardpoints, SniperXR pod.

To be bluntly honest, I think that award would probably more rightfully go to something like the A-10C module or even the F-14 module in terms of not just simulation accuracy but also overall polish and workmanship. The Harrier module isn't bad but in the grand scheme of DCS modules and when one puts all personal bias for the aircraft, the module, and RAZBAM aside, it still struggles to meet the standard set by the A-10 or the Tomcat module. 

• Like 1

For sure the Harrier is right up there as the best DCS jet.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.