Project Lancaster

6 hours ago, Slippa said:

Mid-upper gunner all sorted too? It’s like having a partly opened pressie under the tree. Does look gorgeous.

DCS 2023-04-22 16-06-25.pngDCS 2023-04-22 16-01-13.pngDCS 2023-04-22 16-00-57.png

The mid upper turret and turret wing which it sits on were ported onto the old model from the new one as we were playing about with the player controllability and it was simpler to do it once than twice

• Like 14

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

3 hours ago, DaleRFU said:

So cool. Will any modules be required in order for this to work?

Nope, you could have the game for the first time and just hop in the lancaster, not dependant on anything

After a couple of hours work, the fuselage has been rebuilt, still awaiting a canopy but ive got exams coming up that I should really start revising for
image.png

Good to see that our model lines up with the technical drawings though
image.png
image.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

1 hour ago, Minhal said:

Boy, i am so looking forward to this!

Did you guys do laser scans?

We do have laser scans of the interior sections like the bombardier and wireless operators station but this scan was available online from the University of Calgary if I remember correctly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

On 4/26/2023 at 8:42 PM, Scoobyon said:

Good to see that our model lines up with the technical drawings though
image.png
image.png

Can I put a request in to be able to have a skin with that overlay on please? I wouldn't fly it like it, well, maybe just for personal use but ya know.

I'm running out of superlatives, wizard show, Bristol fashion etc... Good luck with the revision too.

5 hours ago, Scoobyon said:

We do have laser scans of the interior sections like the bombardier and wireless operators station but this scan was available online from the University of Calgary if I remember correctly

That's awesome. Having something like this publicly available is a treasure chest. Cheers Calgary 🙂

this is looking so good! please keep up the great work , this is a true labour of love!

• Like 3

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I thought about the Dams after seeing these pics. That’d be something, a mod to place a dam, animate the floods etc. Bit of a stretch I’d imagine?

This Lanc’s really something I’m looking forward to. Tractors and trolley-accs, night lights and corkscrews. Four Merlins? Hmmm