YAK 141

SUBS17

10 hours ago, Weta43 said:

& from that was born the F-35...Yak.JPG

Why would it be compared to F-35C instead of F-35B?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

3 hours ago, Velik said:

The only confirmed thing they cooperated was a swivel nozzle. Any other details are speculations.

No speculations, the NOZZLE on the F35B is 4 directional TVN while the YAK141 uses 2. They are both extremely good aircraft though. The F35B will be used well into the future it has a lot of new technology which make it much better than the original aircraft. I have not yet seen an upgrade number though. The YAK141 never entered service but is an interesting test aircraft.  

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Weta43 said:

... they're very similar looking aircraft.

If you squint really badly and are 20 miles away, yes they have a vaguely similar profile.  Look any more closely and clearly every surface is different.

The commonality is that they both have a cockpit for one pilot, one main engine and two rudders.  Beyond that, nearly everything else is different.  Even the front fans are different as the F35 fans are powered by the main engine.

I read a really good book written by a chap working at Lockheed. Within that, he stated that "stealth" as applied to the F117 (and I assume the F35) was a combination of materials/coatings and also the physical design of the aircraft.  Apparently there's a mathematical set of formula that can be applied to a design, which will dictate curves, lengths etc to optimise the diffusion of radar waves.  With the age of the Yak, I'd be highly surprised if that had any form of stealth in it's design.

Back to the F35, it's fair to assume that the physical elements (i.e. wings, fuselage) are new.  Clearly it's a different/new engine.  The front lift fans are specific to it.  It'll have a new set of electronics and fly by wire.  The helmet is fully integrated.

In short, the only commonality with the Yak is as mentioned, that they both use a single main engine, and have a fan assisting landing in the front.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

5 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

If you squint really badly and are 20 miles away, yes they have a vaguely similar profile.  Look any more closely and clearly every surface is different.

The commonality is that they both have a cockpit for one pilot, one main engine and two rudders.  Beyond that, nearly everything else is different.  Even the front fans are different as the F35 fans are powered by the main engine.

I read a really good book written by a chap working at Lockheed. Within that, he stated that "stealth" as applied to the F117 (and I assume the F35) was a combination of materials/coatings and also the physical design of the aircraft.  Apparently there's a mathematical set of formula that can be applied to a design, which will dictate curves, lengths etc to optimise the diffusion of radar waves.  With the age of the Yak, I'd be highly surprised if that had any form of stealth in it's design.

Back to the F35, it's fair to assume that the physical elements (i.e. wings, fuselage) are new.  Clearly it's a different/new engine.  The front lift fans are specific to it.  It'll have a new set of electronics and fly by wire.  The helmet is fully integrated.

In short, the only commonality with the Yak is as mentioned, that they both use a single main engine, and have a fan assisting landing in the front.

I was referring to the Fly By Wire and how it flies. They are both very similar of course all of that other stuff is different. 

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, drPhibes said:

The 141 uses two lift engines in the front, not a fan.

The engines at the front are of an advanced design they are not normal electric motors and it is not from the main turbojet powerplant. They are SUPER ELECTRIC TURBINES although they are described as being lift engines or fan units. Both the F35 and YAK 141 have them. The top RPM of such motors is FASTER THAN LIGHT RPM. Although in that configuration they can not reach that speed, it is to do with the GOVENORS. And with such power why are they not more commonly used for aircraft? Perhaps we'll see more of that in future designs of aircraft and vehicles.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

On 12/16/2021 at 9:25 AM, SUBS17 said:

I was referring to the Fly By Wire and how it flies. They are both very similar of course all of that other stuff is different.

Wait, youve flown both IRL?

On 12/16/2021 at 9:37 AM, SUBS17 said:

The top RPM of such motors is FASTER THAN LIGHT RPM

Enlighten me plz, what exactly does "faster than light RPM" even mean? RPM is not a linear speed, its rotations per minute

• Like 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

13 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Wait, youve flown both IRL?

Enlighten me plz, what exactly does "faster than light RPM" even mean? RPM is not a linear speed, its rotations per minute

There is a new electric engine that uses SUPER INDUCTION to drive it. A normal fan unit would never be enough power for an F35B or YAK141. This unit works similar to a PARTICLE ACCELERATOR and can achieve the 4x speed of light in RPM. In the future there will be Laboratories on Earth that will have such devices and can conduct experiments on particles spinning at such an RPM. It could lead to a new way to make new materials like the PARTICLE COLLIDERS that MANUFACTURE ISOTOPE. I think that the F35B has a bit more stability with its TVN having 4 directions perhaps a future YAK 141 could have a similar TVN. Such a unit can replace a jet engine easily and it would have HYPERSONIC CAPABILITY.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, SUBS17 said:

There is a new electric engine that uses SUPER INDUCTION to drive it. A normal fan unit would never be enough power for an F35B or YAK141. This unit works similar to a PARTICLE ACCELERATOR and can achieve the 4x speed of light in RPM. In the future there will be Laboratories on Earth that will have such devices and can conduct experiments on particles spinning at such an RPM. It could lead to a new way to make new materials like the PARTICLE COLLIDERS that MANUFACTURE ISOTOPE. I think that the F35B has a bit more stability with its TVN having 4 directions perhaps a future YAK 141 could have a similar TVN. Such a unit can replace a jet engine easily and it would have HYPERSONIC CAPABILITY.

So, how do they cool it while it's spinning four times light speed? And what is the need for having it to spin that fast? New model of Chariots of Fire? 🤔 😉 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SUBS17 said:

In the future there will be Laboratories on Earth ...

Wait, when you say it like that, does that mean you´re not from around here ? In that case, the rest of what you wrote starts to make some sense.

(Apart from the 4 x speed of light, which "our" scientists mostly agree on to be impossible)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eugel said:

Wait, when you say it like that, does that mean you´re not from around here ? In that case, the rest of what you wrote starts to make some sense.

(Apart from the 4 x speed of light, which "our" scientists mostly agree on to be impossible)

You need to accelerate particles faster than light in order to make ISOTOPES. FASTER THAN LIGHT is possible.

16 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

So, how do they cool it while it's spinning four times light speed? And what is the need for having it to spin that fast? New model of Chariots of Fire? 🤔 😉 

That is just a new technology but it is interesting for Scientists to someday have such a Laboratory. Those SUPERINDUCTION MOTORS could be used to power a flying car safely.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

53 minutes ago, SUBS17 said:

You need to accelerate particles faster than light in order to make ISOTOPES. FASTER THAN LIGHT is possible.

just in case you are not trolling, which by this point I´m sure you are:
No, particle accelerators don´t reach light speed. Some of them get close to light speed, but Isotopes are definitely generated at sub-light speed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SUBS17 said:

That is just a new technology but it is interesting for Scientists to someday have such a Laboratory. Those SUPERINDUCTION MOTORS could be used to power a flying car safely.

Sure, IF they solve the cooling. 

You did actually write that those fans are already in the F-35. Hence my joke. 😊 

22 hours ago, Eugel said:

just in case you are not trolling, which by this point I´m sure you are:
No, particle accelerators don´t reach light speed. Some of them get close to light speed, but Isotopes are definitely generated at sub-light speed. 

No PARTICLE COLLIDERS that you know of reach the speed of light but there are some that you do not know about that make ISOTOPE which do go faster than the speed of light. ISOTOPE MANUFACTURE involves the COLLISION of PARTICLES for the MANUFACTURE of ISOTOPE. It is not done by using a RING TYPE COLLIDER. It is done by use of a STRAIGHT LINE COLLIDER. The process involves the firing of two particles in order to make an ISOTOPE. Each one is done 1 particle at a time. It takes 17 years to make 1 Kg of ISOTOPE. If you double the barrels and use 2 PARTICLES it halves to 8.5 years for 1 kg of ISOTOPE. Then once you've got 1 kg or more then you put it on the bench and test it. The PARTICLES COLLECT in a string. This involves NANO-TECHNOLOGY in order to view and manipulate the particles for the COLLISION. Obviously there is no TROLLING going here aside your comment. Are you an INDOCTRINATOR, if you are then this conversation would be pointless. 

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

21 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Sure, IF they solve the cooling. 

You did actually write that those fans are already in the F-35. Hence my joke. 😊 

There is another place where you can see that type of POWERPLANT in action. 

The drones here are using that technology but what you do not see is the actual DRONES that are being flown. For this type of formation it requires Military technology for that type of precision and performance. The performance is from a SUPERINDUCTION TURBINE. If you view all DRONE FORMATION movies you'll find that this type that take off from the ground are not the same type doing the formation. Have a guess what altitude this formation is operating at? These DRONES are capable of supersonic or faster and you do not see them up close. It is a very good precise performance, would you expect GPS to be good enough to do that type of formation on Autopilot? 

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, SUBS17 said:

No PARTICLE COLLIDERS that you know of reach the speed of light but there are some that you do not know about that make ISOTOPE which do go faster than the speed of light.

It is true ... we don´t know of this technology in the KLINGON EMPIRE ...

• Like 1